PDA

View Full Version : IPTV Threads

satmanbasil
24-10-13, 20:42
Hi there

With the slow introduction of IPTV into our stb's would it be possible to have related IPTV issues, open services etc in one location on the forum. Im sure like myself many are starting to learn and show interest in this growing media addition to our stb's and would be useful to be able to share information regarding whats available any new apps that may work on our receivers and channels fta that can be viewed.
Also may serve as a push to get vu+ to update the drivers to allow access to all types of iptv broadcast thats are available instead of the few that we can get at this time, if they see how much interest we generate on the forum for more access to this media.

regards
satmanbasil

satcat
24-10-13, 21:54
most IPTV channels you,ll get through the plugins are unreliable as there free, but not really kept up to date.
Ideally you,ll need a dedicated box ie: Mag-250 , into which you,ll need to enter a portal, which directs you to a site with various channels etc,,
these will vary depending on the provider you use, hope that helps abit, cheers satcat

satmanbasil
24-10-13, 22:12
Hi

yeah i have looked at the mag250 think right now alot of it will be hit n miss early days but then it was like that with most things in our hobby but i think opening up discussion regarding IPTV will only help to develop more interest and knowledge on topic.

Rob van der Does
24-10-13, 22:14
Or use a plugin like IPTV-list-updater.

satmanbasil
24-10-13, 22:19
Hi rob

I have iptv updater and tsmedia plus the new sport and IPTV media which was in the last build from the list in the media portal only a few work that i can see but the adult content filmon seem to be stable if your into it, on the sport portal some are working too but really need to see what comes to life on saturday when epl broadcast

Sicilian
15-11-13, 12:00
Guys, we're going to add an IPTV section, what would you guys like to see in this section?

Larry-G
15-11-13, 12:09
This is your chance to tell us what you want guys, this is going to be your section so if you have a opinion now is the time to let us know.

scottmcroberts
15-11-13, 12:53
How to get it working on TM-2t Lol, nothing on TS media plays for me and IPTV list updater is hit and miss. Oh for the love of more codecs.:)

duoduo
15-11-13, 14:15
Sorry if this is a dumb question, section in the image or section on the forum?

Sicilian
15-11-13, 14:48
On the forum.

hilly
15-11-13, 16:06
A section for the mag250 and how to add url's .

foz
15-11-13, 18:54
tuto on making your own iptv streams would be nice although with my 0.37meg uploaded i am screwed :smash:
members section to post streams
thanks
foz

satmanbasil
21-11-13, 14:18
Hi

Yes im with foz some help in building own stream list and adding them to stb is a good idea, also maybe section where users can report good links, available channels fta. General discussion on tsmedia and IPTV updater plus others that may come onboard and any development work on adding more IPTV related topic to the stb.

Sicilian
21-11-13, 19:04
I'll try to get new sections added this weekend.

eclipsespain
23-11-13, 10:23
I have both VU+ Solo and VU+ DUO here in Spain and I am trying to run the very useful IPTV List-Updater, the English movies are working fine but both FilmOn and English IPTV are not, will this just evolve in time or is there something more I need to do, I am using the old 702 image which works really well, do I need to use a newer image or open a port or something.

Regards
Eclipsespain

Manc-Red
23-11-13, 10:53
IPTV will evolve no doubt, but currently the streams are not anything I can enjoy compared to HD now on Sat.

Couple more years & IPTV will probably have a great chance of being too-dog.

satcat
24-11-13, 11:52
The Mag-250 is a good box to use..very simple to use once set up, You,ll need a portal address for a supplier, and you need to insert this into the "server" address that is a sub menu in the "inner portal", save it an reboot box.. job done!!
picture quality is very good, and some suppliers offer HD as well..but it does use a lot of bandwith...for the supplier..hope that helps abit, cheers satcat

duoduo
24-11-13, 12:30
Yes, but very expensive way of viewing TV satcat (obviously depending on what you want to watch) ;)

satcat
24-11-13, 12:45
Yes, but very expensive way of viewing TV satcat (obviously depending on what you want to watch) ;)

yes m8.. i agree, but if CS goes pop.... it is a alternative that some people will take on, and it,s still cheaper than the Rupert option..:D cheers satcat

satmanbasil
24-11-13, 22:48
Hi

Hopefully with a good number of us here searching and looking at IPTV feeds as they appear things may come a little more stable I already have a number of channels that remained open for a few weeks, as mentioned the picture quality not brill but watchable if no cs was around.
All we need now to do is get vu plus to upgrade the drivers and codecs to allow all types of IPTV to ve viewed via the receiver.

eclipsespain
26-11-13, 16:17
Do you think VU will upgrade the drivers and codecs soon as this would be of great use to a lot of expats living abroad?

gogoli
29-11-13, 13:23
I thing Vu+ will do because is the best stb is this planet....Today the iptv is been used even by non Linux boxes or androites ...To see the IPTV for example can use even cheap and easy Spiderbox-Smartbox 6000 HD ..Just to find links from the Internet and add them in Tex files and download by usb to stb and you can pay them and they work perfect.

Sicilian
30-11-13, 01:25
Do you think VU will upgrade the drivers and codecs soon as this would be of great use to a lot of expats living abroad?

Checkout IPTV updater plugin, its in ViX Feeds if you use ViX, no need for driver update.

Rob van der Does
30-11-13, 06:52
Many IPTV-streams use WMV and the VU-drivers don't have WMV-support.
It would be a good thing if VU+ would provide a driver-update for this. Looking at their GIT it looks like they recently made preparations for that. See

http://code.vuplus.com/gitweb/?p=vuplus_dvbapp;a=commit;h=15428ee271e1af0a7ac52d d004b316164ed23c4d
As it is now only Xtrend and DreamBox have this support enabled.

satmanbasil
01-12-13, 00:17
Many IPTV-streams use WMV and the VU-drivers don't have WMV-support.
It would be a good thing if VU+ would provide a driver-update for this. Looking at their GIT it looks like they recently made preparations for that. See

http://code.vuplus.com/gitweb/?p=vuplus_dvbapp;a=commit;h=15428ee271e1af0a7ac52d d004b316164ed23c4d
As it is now only Xtrend and DreamBox have this support enabled.

Hey maybe it might be an early christmas present from vu to its users who knows

Has anyone got an update on tsmedia whats happening there, I have iptv updater also on my receiver however its not so up to date like tsmedia was with its links to download iptv list that allows the user to check out channels that maybe open...early days for this method of watching global tv channels lets hope vu push the upgrade out soon.

eclipsespain
03-12-13, 10:01
Hi,

Sorry to say but IPTV list is not working here in Spain, ON demand works well but the IPTV list does not stream, is there something I am missing.

Many thanks

Rob van der Does
03-12-13, 10:18
What is 'IPTV list'?

eclipsespain
04-12-13, 08:47
IPTV List updater in the plugins - extensions

Rob van der Does
04-12-13, 11:18
The plugin 'IPTV list updater' creates bouquets with streams.
Is the plugin not working? If so, we would need a debug-log
Or don't the created streams work? That is very well possible. Not all streams can be played by all boxes. And several streams will be geo-blocked. But surely there must be working streams as well?

satmanbasil
06-12-13, 14:47
Hi

Last update was 21st november so maybe by now any open link could be dead im surprised this isnt updated more regular, same with the java and sportmax iptv listings dont seem to work much and not seen any update for ages. May take a look at the web site later on to check out any news

duoduo
06-12-13, 15:08
I wont say which one, but i watched a footy match wednesday night without any issues with this plugin using the sports section.

chopper11
06-12-13, 19:17
I had it working perfectly a til a few weeks ago and now on mu VU duo2, now nothing at all

sanderson82
08-12-13, 13:54
Added IPTV list updater to my TM Nano (ViX 3.0) last night...

Added a few country's to my bouquet list including the "Sport" category but not one channel worked :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

satmanbasil
10-12-13, 16:36
hi

Some do open still from the list but its now been awhile since the last update the longer it goes inbetween the more chance more channels will drop from the list

eclipsespain
12-12-13, 13:00
Hi,

I have a lot of streams working in the sports section but not the english section, hopefully things will pick up soon

jasus01
08-01-14, 14:39
Turkish sport please:)

satmanbasil
15-01-14, 23:27
Hi

Anyone else noticed tsmedia seems to have alot of list not loading like it used to for iptv looks like its missing regular updates?