PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Active Softcam is not displayed ...

snoopy2013
24-10-13, 20:41
Hello,

first of all: Thank`s a lot for your great Image!!! :thumbsup:

Today I have installed on my two Receivers (Solo2 + ET5000) the actual Vix Image (Build 763) and updated (now: Build 765).

What struck me: the active Softcam is not displayed in the Screen Softcam-Setting, although it runs ok (please take a look to the sreenshot) ... :confused:

Is this possibly a little bug?

Regards

PS: Please excuse my bad english.

Tkr001
24-10-13, 21:15
Just checked my Duo2 on 765 and both CCcam and Oscam show as active.

judge
24-10-13, 21:17
Did you get the cams from http://openvix.co.uk?

snoopy2013
24-10-13, 21:24
Just checked my Duo2 on 765 and both CCcam and Oscam show as active.

Strange, really for me, in both boxes no active softcam is displayed ...

Did you get the cams from http://openvix.co.uk?

Yes, there I have downloaded the two softcams.

Regards

abu baniaz
24-10-13, 22:45
Have you got required config files?

If yes, start the cam using telnet command and see what error is reported.

snoopy2013
24-10-13, 23:19
Unfortunately, I do not know how to start softcams using telnet commands (I have tried "oscam stop" and "oscam start", but it did not happen anything ...) - sorry but I am not familiar with it.

Can you please tell me the exact telnet command or what I need to do exactly?

Thank you for your efforts.

abu baniaz
24-10-13, 23:33
All emulators on vix are located at /usr/softcams/

Log in via telnet (I use Putty). Issue the following the following command (make sure that the name of emulator is spelt excactly as listed)

/usr/softcams/OSCam.r8625

You've not confirmed whether you have the config files.

satmanbasil
25-10-13, 02:20
Hi mate

If your using oscam you need in var/tuxbox the following 3 files

oscam.conf
oscam.server
oscam.user
so take a look

snoopy2013
25-10-13, 06:35
Good Morning,

yes, I have all the needed config files on the box (CCcam.cfg in /etc and all the oscam files in /etc/tuxbox/config).

The softcams are also reading my cards OK - only the active softcam isn`t shown in "Softcam-Setting".

I have deinstalled and new installed both softcams, but just with the same result ...

Regards

snoopy2013
25-10-13, 08:01
PS (unfortunately, I could not edit the previous post):

Could it possibly be the content of the config files?

Is there anywhere a functioning template for the config files?

girginoz
25-10-13, 08:20
i use CCcam and after every new image and backup restore it happens to me.
When i check extentions to delete softcam there is none. i just reload CCcam ipk file via ftp/tmp

Rob van der Does
25-10-13, 09:00
i use CCcam and after every new image and backup restore it happens to me.
When i check extentions to delete softcam there is none. i just reload CCcam ipk file via ftp/tmp
When restoring a softcam will be 'copied in' , i.e. not installed (just as if you FTP the files to the desired location). That means that the cam isn't installed, so OPKG has no knowledge of it's existence. And hence it cannot be deleted via OPKG (plugin browser --> red). Manually deleting the cam-files is the only way to 'de-install' (and make sure to make a new settings backup when done).

girginoz
25-10-13, 09:13
When restoring a softcam will be 'copied in' , i.e. not installed (just as if you FTP the files to the desired location). That means that the cam isn't installed, so OPKG has no knowledge of it's existence. And hence it cannot be deleted via OPKG (plugin browser --> red). Manually deleting the cam-files is the only way to 'de-install' (and make sure to make a new settings backup when done).

You are right:) i use plugin browser>red to check if the softcam is installed, not to delete actually, to see if a new install is necessary.

snoopy2013
25-10-13, 09:42
If nobody of you has a different idea what could be the reason, that in my boxes the active Softcam is not displayed, it will probably be the best, I take a complete new installation.

I will then report the results here.

Nevertheless, thanks again you for your help.

satmanbasil
25-10-13, 12:15
Hi mate
When you removed and reinstalled the softcams did you reboot the receiver to allow new cams to start?

also if you do a google your find many sites that will show you how to config your oscam files to work

Good Morning,

yes, I have all the needed config files on the box (CCcam.cfg in /etc and all the oscam files in /etc/tuxbox/config).

The softcams are also reading my cards OK - only the active softcam isn`t shown in "Softcam-Setting".

I have deinstalled and new installed both softcams, but just with the same result ...

Regards

snoopy2013
25-10-13, 17:28
Hi,

now I've just reinstalled my Solo2 - Result:

First the softcam was displayed correctly as "active" in "Softcam-Setting". But after installing "autofs" (opkg install autofs) and configuring "auto.network" and restart the box, the softcam was not displayed anymore as "active" although the softcam still works ok ...

Is there any solution for this (little) "problem" after install of "autofs/auto.network"?

Regards

andyblac
25-10-13, 18:53
Hi,

now I've just reinstalled my Solo2 - Result:

First the softcam was displayed correctly as "active" in "Softcam-Setting". But after installing "autofs" (opkg install autofs) and configuring "auto.network" and restart the box, the softcam was not displayed anymore as "active" although the softcam still works ok ...

Is there any solution for this (little) "problem" after install of "autofs/auto.network"?

Regards

never used please explain or send me config's so i can test.

snoopy2013
25-10-13, 19:53
Hello,

I hope I understood the question correctly to explain what "autofs" is (and hopefully I can express myself reasonably understandable in english :whistle:):

"Autofs" is a kind of automounter. You simple need to make an "opkg install autofs". After this you find the config files for the automounter in "/etc". In "auto.network" you have tu define the share folder. After that start the automounter with "/etc/init.d/autofs start". Advantage is that the share folders are always mounted just and only when access. For example so it does not matter which box is first turned on (it is then not necessary to connect via the networkmenu again).

My "auto.network" is for example:

# automatically generated by enigma 2
# do NOT change manually!
Filme_Festplatte_Keller -fstype=nfs,rw,soft,tcp,nolock, 192.168.178.191:/media/hdd/movie
Filme_Festplatte_Studio -fstype=nfs,rw,soft,tcp,nolock, 192.168.178.192:/media/hdd/movie

After installing and start "autofs" a still active softcam is not displayed any longer as active in "Softcam-Settings".

Regards

satmanbasil
26-10-13, 00:05
Hi
seems to me this autofs has something to do with your problem, never come across it myself and must beg the question do you really need this to be working on your receiver??

snoopy2013
26-10-13, 19:50
Hello,

of course it is not existentially but it is a very useful way to mount network devices. Particular, there are no problems, even if a device is not available at the start of the box.

If you want, you can take a look for example in Forum "Open Pli" or "VTI" and search for "autofs" and "auto.network". Then you will see that many user find "autofs" very useful.

I just find it a little sad that in Open Vix image after start of "autofs" ("autofs" itself works so well in the Vix image without problems) it comes to the described problems with display of activity and control of Softcams.

Perhaps the problem can be found and eliminated anyway?

Regards

PS:
Independently of this problem, currently Open Vix is my favored Image! :thumbsup:

andyblac
26-10-13, 20:46
Hello,

I hope I understood the question correctly to explain what "autofs" is (and hopefully I can express myself reasonably understandable in english :whistle:):

"Autofs" is a kind of automounter. You simple need to make an "opkg install autofs". After this you find the config files for the automounter in "/etc". In "auto.network" you have tu define the share folder. After that start the automounter with "/etc/init.d/autofs start". Advantage is that the share folders are always mounted just and only when access. For example so it does not matter which box is first turned on (it is then not necessary to connect via the networkmenu again).

My "auto.network" is for example:

# automatically generated by enigma 2
# do NOT change manually!
Filme_Festplatte_Keller -fstype=nfs,rw,soft,tcp,nolock, 192.168.178.191:/media/hdd/movie
Filme_Festplatte_Studio -fstype=nfs,rw,soft,tcp,nolock, 192.168.178.192:/media/hdd/movie

After installing and start "autofs" a still active softcam is not displayed any longer as active in "Softcam-Settings".

Regards

thanks i have never used but i'll try to reproduce it.

andyblac
28-10-13, 17:35
is there a command to list the mount points ? i normally use

mount

but that does not list the new autofs mounts.

in the mean time please test the pyo in the zip.

snoopy2013
29-10-13, 08:55
Hello,

first of all, big thanks for your feedback.

So far I have not gotten to test the attached file, but it will catch up as soon as possible (now I am not at home ... ;)) and then report.

To your question because a command to list the mountpoints:

Sorry, I can not too much help, since unfortunately I am a layman when it comes to Linux. But tonight I'll be happy even try it if I can get the mountpoints somehow appear.

Is it possibly, that a relatively short "timeout value" is set in "autofs" (after this timeout, the mounts will unmount automatically when idle and mount again just until the next access) and therefore no mounpoints are shown with commad "mount"?

Regards

andyblac
29-10-13, 15:19
file is now in updates ;),

as for the mounts, not the 'mount' does not shows autofs mounts, only the filesystem

root@vuduo2:~# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
ubi0:rootfs on / type ubifs (rw,sync,relatime)
devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=482428k,nr_inodes=90174,mode=755 )
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /media type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=64k)
/dev/sda1 on /media/hdd type ext4 (rw,relatime,barrier=1,data=writeback)
tmpfs on /var/volatile type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,gid=5,mode=620)
automount(pid18870) on /autofs type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=4,pgrp=18870,timeout=5,minproto=2, maxproto=4,indirect)
automount(pid18920) on /media/autofs type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=4,pgrp=18920,timeout=5,minproto=2, maxproto=4,indirect)
root@vuduo2:~# ls /media/autofs
MEDIASERVER

btw, you will now see that autofs mounts have they own mount location, as fstab/manual mounts and autofs can not co-exists in the same location.

also, next version of NetworkBrowser will support AUTOFS :D

snoopy2013
29-10-13, 16:21
:thumbsup: :D :thumbsup:

I hope, today evening I can also test your alternative "SoftcamManager.pyo"

Thank`s a lot for your excellent work and your help!

snoopy2013
30-10-13, 07:49
in the mean time please test the pyo in the zip.

Good Morning,

last night I was finally able to test your modified "SoftcamManager.pyo" file.

Result: great, everything works fine now (active softcam is still shown also after start "autofs")! :thumbsup:

Thank`s again.

Regards

PS:
Now I have the next question to "remotetimer" - but for that, I start a new thread ...