PDA

View Full Version : Skin like Sky?

ashthekid
24-10-13, 10:02
Is there a skin out there that is exactly like Sky's setup?

If not, is there a program where you can design your own skins? I'd like to experiment and make one myself maybe.

Larry-G
24-10-13, 10:13
No there are no skins out there that exactly mirror sky's look and feel, and there would likely be copyright issues involved if there were. You could look for a program called e2skinner but thats now getting a little old and is no longer compatible with the ViX skin engine.

ashthekid
24-10-13, 10:17
Are there any similar programs like e2skinner that are compatible with ViX so I can design my own one?

Larry-G
24-10-13, 10:24
not that i'm aware of, I'm not a skinner my self but as i understand it, it's a process of trial and error using a compatible text editor such as notepad++ editing the various skin.xml files then testing the results on the receiver. In truth it's way above my head but some one else may be able to help more.

scwheeler
24-10-13, 10:25
I don't believe there is one exactly like Sly.

e2skinner + an XML editor will help you make your own skin. e2skinner doesn't work completely with all of VIX's functions but it is useful. Suggest you start by using another skin as your base such as VIX-night as it is always up to date.

Good luck

scwheeler
24-10-13, 10:26
Are there any similar programs like e2skinner that are compatible with ViX so I can design my own one?

No other programs - but it really helps cut down the trial and error.

fraggle121
28-12-13, 09:52
check my skin it might be what u are looking for,,,,

Tomthumb
09-03-14, 14:22
After realising no spinner to really go with the skin, made this one up..hope someone likes it and its acceptable to post it here.

Flyingpig
10-03-14, 01:39
What do we do with the spinner? Is it a case of copy and paste it into a certain folder?

Thanks,

FP.

Rob van der Does
10-03-14, 07:42
If you do that, it will be gone after an image update.

hilly
10-03-14, 08:15
Ftp to share/enigma2 and overwrite spinner folder but like already said a image update will overwrite with standard spinner.

pspmixer
11-03-14, 14:53
any screen shots of this skin in action

Tomthumb
12-03-14, 00:34
looks like that with colours scrolling around. Apols to the mods,Sure this is in the wrong section really.

pspmixer
12-03-14, 11:59
looks like that with colours scrolling around. Apols to the mods,Sure this is in the wrong section really.
I mean like screenshot of that in action working on box people have it on thanks

Tomthumb
12-03-14, 12:57
I mean like screenshot of that in action working on box people have it on thanks
The box i am using is the Tm-nano-oe

Hard to show a screenshot of it actually working? Though i do have a screen shot...not to sure it helps lol

As with many things ...sometime's you just have to try it to actually get the full effect and see if you like it or not. The main shape is static,its the colours that are rotating so as to give an effect of movement

pspmixer
12-03-14, 15:11
The box i am using is the Tm-nano-oe

Hard to show a screenshot of it actually working? Though i do have a screen shot...not to sure it helps lol

As with many things ...sometime's you just have to try it to actually get the full effect and see if you like it or not. The main shape is static,its the colours that are rotating so as to give an effect of movement
thanks for that here is hoping we can get the shape to spin next that be great and if could get circles to spin on media player too

Tomthumb
12-03-14, 16:38
personally i too would like to see alot more animated icons on the vix images for technomate boxs, been attempting to look into this skinning malarky ....struggling but learning ... seems the graphics are in fact already there for spinning circles in media player in one of the skins i have, just not implemented in all boxs.

I have some replacement media player buttons (which i personally like better than the ones with the image) if anybody wants them to try with Blue_Hd/fraggles (many thanks to the authors of Blue_HD the skin is superb)

pspmixer
12-03-14, 16:40
personally i too would like to see alot more animated icons on the vix images for technomate boxs, been attempting to look into this skinning malarky ....struggling but learning ... seems the graphics are in fact already there for spinning circles in media player in one of the skins i have, just not implemented in all boxs.

I have some replacement media player buttons (which i personally like better than the ones with the image) if anybody wants them to try with Blue_Hd/fraggles (many thanks to the authors of Blue_HD the skin is superb)
do they spin mate

Tomthumb
12-03-14, 16:47
The spinner does, But not the media player buttons, i just think they look better than the original image buttons.. i do have the graphics to make them spin...unfortunately i see no way to implement them as of yet

simonsez
13-03-14, 01:28
we looked into spinning for media player buttons too, but its not available within the vix image currently (well i dont think) we also have a spinner on the way to match up with the current Blue HD skin

jimmyjoe
20-04-14, 12:54
spin looks great... i did noticed that every so often the vix spin appears for a second or less... is that just mine or normal?

Conorooney
21-04-14, 21:55
Heya mate,

This happened me too. There is 19 images of the spinner in the original and only 16 in the sky one so you're getting 3 VIX spinners. Two options: Delete the spinner folder then re-add the new folder or just go in and delete the last 3.