PDA

View Full Version : VU+ duo hanging!

tomhick02
25-10-10, 10:26
Hi,
I've got a vu+ duo with 1TB WD hard drive fitted, with the last few weeks the hourglass (busybox) symbol has been appearing on top left hand side of screen for long periods of time. it can often stay there for 10 -15 minutes , so during this time the box does not respond to remote! sometimes on for 10 mins off for 10 mins and back on again!
I have a swap file set up manually running the new VIX 1.1 image.
I recently changed from vti image cause I thought this may be causing the problembut its made no difference.
Has anyone seen this problem with VU+ duo or can anyone suggest thing to try to resolve this?

Thanks and regards
Hicks99

danishdude
25-10-10, 10:49
Picons? EPG?
Also i saw someone having problems using DynDNS, causing the hourglass to hang the machine every x minutes.

tomhick02
25-10-10, 10:56
I'm running the dyndns plugin alright, but it was running on it from new and it was a few months before I started getting any issues like this!
I'll turn it off for a few days and keep the lappy running for a few days to keep it updated!

Using the crossepg downloader!

Thanks for suggestion,

tomhick02
25-10-10, 12:31
found an lder thread regarding this issue and all symptoms seem to do with plugins, - dyndns, auto-timer and epg's!
I changed the interval time check on dyndns from 10mins to 60 mins to see if it makes any difference!
One change at the time!

Thanks

Likvid
25-10-10, 16:15
Run the Dyndns thingy on your router if you can, it's so much better.

tomhick02
25-10-10, 17:23
Will have a look into it mate,

Didn't know that it could be done like that.
def try anything to get rid of this most anoying issue!!

Cheers

vu-duo-user
25-10-10, 18:22
Picons? EPG?
Also i saw someone having problems using DynDNS, causing the hourglass to hang the machine every x minutes.

Yes this caused me problems.

jcl
25-10-10, 21:26
Yes this caused me problems.

so how did you manage to fix it
Thanks
Regards
jcl

tomhick02
26-10-10, 22:40
Hi, thanks for suggestions, changing the time check on dyndns check from 10mins to 60mins has greatly reduced the issue!

Have a new problem now, after flashing the new image, on initial setup i selected to enable parental pin but i never set the pin, I have tried to get into locked chans but cannot access, is there any way of resetting the password logging in through DCC and accessing the files?
I had a look through some of the files but I dont think i will ever find it without some help.
Thanks again
Tom

tomhick02
27-10-10, 21:59
After some looking found this info and pin problem sorted now!!

HOW TO : reset Parental lock without REFLASH

- Edit file /etc/enigma2/settings
- delete lines like config.ParentalControl and copy these lines instead :
config.ParentalControl.setuppinactive=true
config.ParentalControl.configured=false
config.ParentalControl.servicepinactive=false
- Save File
- Unplugged the Vu+/dreambox (if you switch off the VU+/dream, the file is overwritten).

Regards
Tom

paul362
28-10-10, 08:44
Just a sidenote about DynDn* you should only have to check every day or so otherwise Dyndn* will ban updates as Abusive use !! (unless of course your ip changes every hour).