PDA

View Full Version : 2nd request no reply to first or ist octagon sf8 no good

morrisg
22-10-13, 09:17
Hi Thinking of buying Octagon SF8 HD (NEW XP1000) Single Tuner DVB-S2 Enigma2 Linux Sat to replace querky tm800hd
Can you confirm it will pvr and epg to ext usb att 500gb hdd ok
Does it timeshift ?
Also one more requisite need to connect to Tv via Hdmi and to slingbox via composite (had problem when tried this on Alien2)
Had to set to 576 resolution
Anywhere I can get a bin.code for remote to load on slingbox
Thanks

Larry-G
22-10-13, 09:19
The octagon is a fully functioning Enigma2 receiver and will do every thing you have asked for above although i cant speak for slingbox compatibility as i dont use one.

adm
16-07-20, 08:39
via composite
Had to set to 576 resolution

Composite is an analogue standard and typically analogue outputs don't do HD so you may find that ALL equipment is the same with regards the highest definiton that it can support with composite and 576i is likely to be the maximum.

https://www.lifewire.com/composite-video-the-basics-1846869

You MAY (no info in the specification) be able to get a higher resolution if you use RGB (red, green blue) or component (3 cables) connections from the SCART.

ronand
16-07-20, 09:21
You've opened up a very old thread but anyway it is possible to output HD over analogue - Component Video (YPbPr) definitely does at least 1080i and can be very useful if one has a broken HDMI socket. Composite video is indeed limited to 576i. RGB component cables are capable of 1080i but I have never seen any devices that output 1080i via SCART.

ccs
16-07-20, 09:24
You've opened up a very old thread.
Someone else opened it earlier, and has already been banned.