PDA

View Full Version : GiGaBlue QUAD

AJT
21-10-13, 19:25
Hi Been playing with this box today.As always very easy to set up.Not much of a choice of Good images out there i tried open mips 2 or 3 times but very unstable and did not like you changing the skins causing the need for a reinstall.I am now on my favourite VIX image and not much can be said about that except its as always a good solid image and works well with this box.
The only difference performance wise from my vu+solo2 i have spotted is that it seems to take quite a while sometimes to Zap to PPV channels well it Zaps real quick but seems to take the softcam a age to do its stuff so i wonder if i have something wrong?or i can speed it up..when you change channel you get black screen for about 2-3 seconds..On FTA channels zapping is rapid no problem.LCD display is easy to set up with a choice of set skins downloadable from plugins and the image has 2 default skins/settings for LCD.The annoying red/blue/purple LED that alot of folks have complained (it is super bright) about can be set to what colour you want for each job standby/record/running/flashing etc and can be turned off entirely so no annoying LED.
I am going to run it for another day and leave for 24-48 hours to see how it does heat wise as it has no fan....
cheers

stanley1
22-10-13, 12:03
power supply is external so no heat build up.

GAH2402
22-10-13, 17:59
Hi AJT,

I have had my GigaBlue around 6 weeks, and whilst I do love the receiver (I sold my Vu Duo and bought the GigaBlue as a direct replacement), I too have been less than impressed by how long it takes for the softcam (CCCam in my case) to do it's stuff. I know direct comparisons are silly, but with the exact same setup (same cam and cfg file), my Vu Duo was much quicker!

GAH

BubbleBalls
23-10-13, 06:42
Never an issue with my Quad zap speed. Could it be
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?t=32376
I also have a Duo - if not above then maybe your configs are wrong?

Tapatalker

skippie
23-10-13, 11:30
same here never had a problem with the speed. Works like a charm.

Sent from my V972 Core4 using Tapatalk HD

GAH2402
23-10-13, 17:31
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies. Personally I have had the same issue since I got the box, so I doubt there's any connection to the fresh flash required for Build 750. I an using the exact same cfg file I used in my Vu Duo, and I had no problem with it then, any reason I should have to change it because I have a Quad now?

GAH

Mr. Mister
23-10-13, 17:37
No bud.. None what so ever.. All cfg should be exactly the same..

Are you using a softcam from openvix.co.uk.. ?

GAH2402
24-10-13, 08:35
Hi Mr Mister,

Thanks for the reply.

I am using the exact same version of CCCam (2.1.3) and cfg file that I used in my Vu Duo which was indeed downloaded from Vix. Nothing at all in my set up has changed except for the actual receiver. I did expect zapping to be quicker with the Quad, but I can live with it.

GAH

Mr. Mister
24-10-13, 09:36
I got 2 Quads.. And although i dont use CCcam.. Both my Quads defo run faster than any Duo i ever had..

Are you getting lag.. When changing channel.. ??

I mean.. When your changing channels.. Are you actually seeing the info bar twice.. ??

If yes.. Then Change your Settings in : Menu > Set Up > System > AV Settings

Mine read like this :

HDMI
No
1080p
Multi
Just Scale
Letterbox
Yes
off
off

I had lagging during changing channels also.. and since i changed my settings to the above.. Its now all back to normal.. Nice fast channel change..

GAH2402
24-10-13, 17:15
Hi Mr Mister,

Thanks again for the reply.

Just checked my AV settings, exactly the same except I had "Just Scale" for 16:9 content, but I've now changed it "Letterbox". It didn't make any difference to my issue, but as I said, I can live with it. The only reason I mentioned it was because AJT mentioned it. I suppose it could be an issue with CCCam?

GAH

skippie
24-10-13, 20:43
reflash the gigablue from scratch with the latest openvix

Sent from my V972 Core4 using Tapatalk HD

stanley1
25-10-13, 12:50
updated image this morning, Ccam is rock solid, was anything changed to enable this.

TIA