PDA

View Full Version : Vix or Blackhole EPG Screenshot??

ashthekid
21-10-13, 11:39
Hi, newbie here, about to purchase a Solo2 from WOS but can't decide what firmware to put on.
Can somebody post a screenshot of both EPG's from VIX and Blackhole so I can compare.

Also, which one do people recommend for easier setup of cccam.cfg, newcamd.list and also IPTV features?

Thank you.

Rob van der Does
21-10-13, 11:52
Not what you asked for, but my advise: try ViX. Get used to it for a couple of weeks and rhen try several of the other images that are readily available. Only then make your final choice.

Larry-G
21-10-13, 13:00
Not near a receiver to post a screenshot at present but ViX by far has the best EPG of any image bar none.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Stu
21-10-13, 13:30
Here is the VIX one.

Rob van der Does
21-10-13, 13:35
A screenshot is nice, but remember that the lay-out is very much dependant on the settings and skin used.
So it's really the very best to try for yourself.

BubbleBalls
21-10-13, 13:39
Here are a couple from VIX. Personally, when I started I tried a few but always came back to VIX. There will be a natural incline to the first image you try if you use it for several days, as you'll easily get used to the features, especially VIX - just make sure that the first thing you learn is that image and settings backups are essential if you plan on flipping between images - these make the changes take minutes rather than an hour+

The EPGs are highly configurable so as Rob says you can really only appreciate them once you have played around with them and tweaked them to your liking (though default is excellent) there are also many skins available direct from the feeds. Give Vix a go - it is worth it. Sorry don't have screenies of other images at the mo.

Tapatalker

boyofford
21-10-13, 14:31
I've used blackhole for months and was quite happy with it.
The standard epg is not to good, but you can add cooltvguide plugin and looks similar to vix epg.
However just moved over to vix and it is very different to get used to but I would say easier to setup as main thing you will want such as transcoding, ondemand are either already installed or easily downloadable through image.
I'm still getting used to vix but I prefer it so far.
As said try both, and give a week or so to test out.
I would install one, see how you find it, and make a backup(easy in both images) then install the other one and try that out, you can always go back easily then.

ashthekid
21-10-13, 14:40
Just ordered my Solo2 and getting VIX on it to try first.
Thank you for the screenshots and comments.

boyofford
21-10-13, 15:49
Your better off starting with stock image to check device is working correctly first, I got told that by blackhole admin.
Must admit had mine preinstalled with blackhole, but was immediately out of date so had to reflash anyhow to get new features.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

DaMacFunkin
21-10-13, 18:21
My two pennith worth, I'd like to try black hole, but as it doesn't support my other box I havnt bothered, got to keep it nice and simple for the ...

BubbleBalls
21-10-13, 23:10
My two pennith worth, I'd like to try black hole, but as it doesn't support my other box I havnt bothered, got to keep it nice and simple for the ...

Ye, forgot about that - wife and two kids here. Sat bug bit me when I got my first box - second box (GB Quad) was supported from the get-go by Vix - same image/settings are vital when there are more than one user.

Tapatalker

Tkr001
22-10-13, 06:05
I have tried quite a few and IMHO Vix blows the rest out of the water. However I am sure others will say the same of other images....

AJT
22-10-13, 10:49
Hi, newbie here, about to purchase a Solo2 from WOS but can't decide what firmware to put on.
Can somebody post a screenshot of both EPG's from VIX and Blackhole so I can compare.

Also, which one do people recommend for easier setup of cccam.cfg, newcamd.list and also IPTV features?

Thank you.

After years of having enigma 2 boxes i was blown away with the Vix image.wish i had found it earlier..In my opinion its the most stable image i have ever used simple but powerful and stable and easy to set up...Runs like a dream on my solo2 super fast and the EPG is perfect and pre packaged within the image so no messing trying to install.. unlike some imageswhere the epg will crash your box. the EPG in vix is very stable and works great

scottmcroberts
31-10-13, 18:12
Here are a couple from VIX. Personally, when I started I tried a few but always came back to VIX. There will be a natural incline to the first image you try if you use it for several days, as you'll easily get used to the features, especially VIX - just make sure that the first thing you learn is that image and settings backups are essential if you plan on flipping between images - these make the changes take minutes rather than an hour+

The EPGs are highly configurable so as Rob says you can really only appreciate them once you have played around with them and tweaked them to your liking (though default is excellent) there are also many skins available direct from the feeds. Give Vix a go - it is worth it. Sorry don't have screenies of other images at the mo.

Tapatalker

Hi Bubble I noticed on the screenshot that one of your channels says rescan required, how do you get that coming up?

hilly
31-10-13, 19:06
That's the name of the film :D

mrxbox360
22-12-13, 01:33
I've just bought my 1st linux box a genuine solo2 running the latest vix image & I'm suprised how easy it is too use,it might help that i have a m8 who is running a duo2 using vix & he has talked me through some niggles.

BubbleBalls
22-12-13, 10:00
Hi Bubble I noticed on the screenshot that one of your channels says rescan required, how do you get that coming up?

I am in Ireland and use the digital Saorview. Any changes to channels are highlighted this way.

Tapatalker

Bbigfoot
22-12-13, 21:54
Hi ashthekid,

Look on forum for (VUCC), VU+ Control Centre.
I use (dreamset) to upload any new Channel settings
to my VU+ Uno, uploads 6000 channel in 20 seconds.

When you open VUCC, open (Filezilla) you need this to
send your CCcam.cfg to the Solo2.
We will give a step by step path to load all you need
to light Up the Solo2.

Mint STB you picked. The OpenVix image is as good if not better
then the Blackhole image. Both have their good points.

BF.

Peter O Donoghue
13-01-14, 23:38
Hi, new user of VU+ Duo and want to download VIX EpG to use. Could you please point me in the right direction where and how to download it and make it my default EPG. Regards and Thanks.

Larry-G
14-01-14, 00:02
Hi, new user of VU+ Duo and want to download VIX EpG to use. Could you please point me in the right direction where and how to download it and make it my default EPG. Regards and Thanks.

The ViX EPG is a part of the ViX image, it's not something that can be downloaded to other images, if your running a ViX Image you will have it by default once you set up your chosen EPG method.

you can find a tutorial for setting up CrossEPG for ViX on www.openvix.co.uk in the guides and tutorials section.

Rob van der Does
14-01-14, 07:14
Please, don't highjack a thread about BH.

Rob van der Does
14-01-14, 07:14
Please, don't highjack a thread about screenshots.

mrxbox360
20-03-14, 00:49
Well iv gotta say after 5 months ownership & a few issues with picons,now sorted id say I'm very happy with my solo2 running vix 808 & my only bug bear is i wish they would include blind scan into the vix image like they have done with the new blackhole image.

judge
20-03-14, 00:54
Well iv gotta say after 5 months ownership & a few issues with picons,now sorted id say I'm very happy with my solo2 running vix 808 & my only bug bear is i wish they would include blind scan into the vix image like they have done with the new blackhole image.

It's included in current Zeus builds for the Solo2, available on http://openvix.co.uk

mskhan01
20-03-14, 16:42
Vix mate, I am using the box for 2 weeks now, have tried both images & for me Vix is the best image in its layout, user interface etc.Having said that since the new Zeus update there has been minor twinges but hopefully they will be addressed in the coming updates.

Rob van der Does
21-03-14, 08:50

It's included in current Zeus builds for the Solo2, available on http://openvix.co.uk
Indeed, so the only 'bug bear' has left the scene .....

satelliteguy68
28-03-14, 13:49
gotta say vix all the way.never had a problem and had vu solo for 4 years now and also have a vu+ solo 2 with zeus vix.

DaMacFunkin
28-03-14, 19:39
There is a black hole feature I would like in vix, the ability to assign a channel a specific card.

jonnyflash
31-03-14, 11:12
I have Solo2 with vix for 5 months, I cannot praise the box and the software enough. If you are into gadgets and like learning new stuff, this is for you. As a footnote I have Blackbox Pro app on my iPad Air and it works great with Solo2. I can stream HD channels and recordings over wifi on my LAN, the Solo2 can transcode when you out and about for streaming on the move. I learn something new everyday especially with all the guys on here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

junglist68
15-03-16, 14:03
I like Vix,it's an easy setup and the epg and cross epg once set updates by itself.The vu solo 2 is so much a better receiver than my last box. ( openbox V8s ) So many more options like up-scaling sd resolution.Auto timer is a Godsend and records all my shows like Tivo.XBMC plugin ( kodi ) for movies,and tv shows and what not.The skin for the EPG guide I use is Red-HD easiest for the wife and kids in our family but Blue-HD is a good one as well . Overall the Vu+ Solo 2 is an outstanding receiver I would highly recommend purchasing one and doing all your research for setup before it comes but if you need help this is the forum to come to. Punnisher's guides have saved me so much time so a big shout out to him. 47311

Dark Cloud
15-03-16, 16:12
Nice one,...almost a two year old thread:eek:

Hotchef
16-03-16, 11:46
I have a question, I see that on the early screen shots.

The epg channel names have been replaced with picons, I only get this when I push TV then click on a section.

How do I make epg do the same?

Stu
16-03-16, 12:38
To show Picon only in the graphical EPG screen, do the following:-
Navigate to Menu, setup, system, EPG, graphical EPG settings.
Then change "Service Title Mode" to picon
Press green to save.
Stu.

Trial
16-03-16, 12:39
Hi,
which EPG there are several included? Normally a press on the menu button should bring you a step further.

ciao

Hotchef
16-03-16, 13:28
Great thank you