PDA

View Full Version : resolution notice

AJT
21-10-13, 09:59
Hi guys,after latest online update i keep getting a message on screen and my resolution keeps changing by itself.
Also my output was changed from HDMI to ysjej or whatever it was.
can i turn off this auto resolution.?It is disabled in menu but makes no difference.

scouse645
21-10-13, 17:44
Hi mate, i noticed that also, i just went into a/v settings, changed output to HDMI, resolution at no, mode at 1080p, that may not be right, refresh rate at 60Hz, digital down mix at yes, and mine is fine, not saying those settings are right but it works.

Spixb
21-10-13, 21:42
Did you do an online update?
I ran into the same problem as you, and then read this thread http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?32376-It-seem-s-most-of-you-have-missed-the-thread.
Works ike a charm now :)

Sirius
21-10-13, 21:50
Hi guys,after latest online update i keep getting a message on screen and my resolution keeps changing by itself.
Also my output was changed from HDMI to ysjej or whatever it was.
can i turn off this auto resolution.?It is disabled in menu but makes no difference.

Why turn it off?? It's a great fetcher to have, makes the SD channels way better :thumbsup:

TK4|2|1
22-10-13, 16:30
Why turn it off?? It's a great fetcher to have, makes the SD channels way better :thumbsup:

I'm not so sure. When I'm viewing HD everything is great. In SD picture is horrible and the epg is out of focus.

Sent from my iThing using sorcery and the magic interweb.

Sirius
22-10-13, 16:47
I'm not so sure. When I'm viewing HD everything is great. In SD picture is horrible and the epg is out of focus.

Sent from my iThing using sorcery and the magic interweb.

Hmmm. My sd picture is way better. But my epg is out of focus too. Strange.

This happens on every sd channel pic is fine but epg seems out of focus as does the menus and stuff within the image, change to HD then it all comes back into focus.

Rob van der Does
22-10-13, 17:05
This all is very much dependant on the telly used and the contents being played (most of the time). That's why you have a choice.

Sirius
22-10-13, 17:21
This all is very much dependant on the telly used and the contents being played (most of the time). That's why you have a choice.

I was getting a stretched and awful picture when changing to a SD channel but was fine on HD, messed around with a few settings on my tv (sony Bravia kdl-nx range) and managed to get it to stop stretching the image, now the image is fine and I am getting better picture quality on both HD and SD, only problem is the epg and menus goes out of focus when watching SD??

Will have another play around with tv settings later to see if this can be fixed too, sooo many settings on my tv though ;( any idea where to start?

Delagroov
22-10-13, 17:52
I have the same issue, the OSD strectching on sd channels. Some Tele's can disable overscan also for those SD resolutions.

My samsung does not have that and only supports "full screen mode" for Hd resolutions, so the only way then is to use autoresolution plugin and setup a way you use default(1080i in a/v-settings) for sd content.

I have setup it this way so it use autoresolution for all other resolutions.

AJT
22-10-13, 20:34
Important Announcement.by admin (andyblac )

'From build 760 onwards the video-mode selection has been completely overhauled. It is no longer merely a plugin, but has been embedded as an integral part of the image.

It is now necessary to reflash your receiver, a online update will cause issues. Before flashing you can use the BackupManager to make a settings- and plugin backup. If done, you can flash in the usual way and during the First Install Wizard you can use the restore function to restore your backup. This way your box will be up & running in a couple of minutes.

Once the image is up and running, you should go to Menu> Setup> AV-settings, and make the settings in accordance with your setup.'

Sirius
22-10-13, 20:38
I have the same issue, the OSD strectching on sd channels. Some Tele's can disable overscan also for those SD resolutions.

My samsung does not have that and only supports "full screen mode" for Hd resolutions, so the only way then is to use autoresolution plugin and setup a way you use default(1080i in a/v-settings) for sd content.

I have setup it this way so it use autoresolution for all other resolutions.

I have overscan turned off on my tv, always had it turned off. It's called full pixel on my tv, as for the over stretching on sd channels I managed to sort that out by disabling something called auto aspect ratio (I think)

Now when I use this new this new fetcher I no longer get the stretch on on sd channels :)

But epg and the image menus in general are out of focus and fuzzy looking all this is resolved when changing back to a HD channel ?

I will give the auto res plugin ago and report back :thumbsup:

Sirius
22-10-13, 20:40
Important Announcement.by admin (andyblac )

'From build 760 onwards the video-mode selection has been completely overhauled. It is no longer merely a plugin, but has been embedded as an integral part of the image.

It is now necessary to reflash your receiver, a online update will cause issues. Before flashing you can use the BackupManager to make a settings- and plugin backup. If done, you can flash in the usual way and during the First Install Wizard you can use the restore function to restore your backup. This way your box will be up & running in a couple of minutes.

Once the image is up and running, you should go to Menu> Setup> AV-settings, and make the settings in accordance with your setup.'

I have already flashed using the built in image manager. But still have these issues.

AJT
22-10-13, 20:42
I have already flashed using the built in image manager. But still have these issues.

You have to do a clean install from scratch (USB)

Sirius
22-10-13, 20:45
You have to do a clean install from scratch (USB)

Hmmm worth a try but I always thought downloading the image in the image manager and flashing directly from your receiver was the same as doing it by USB ???

Rob van der Does
22-10-13, 20:54
Hmmm worth a try but I always thought downloading the image in the image manager and flashing directly from your receiver was the same as doing it by USB ???
Yes it is (apart from it being much more handy and faster).

Sirius
22-10-13, 20:58
Yes it is (apart from it being much more handy and faster).

So no need to dig my USB out then?

Must be some setting on my tv making the image out of focus when viewing SD.

I will figure it out eventually :p

Rob van der Does
22-10-13, 21:08
So no need to dig my USB out then?
Yep: we entered the USB-less area!

Nickname is 'couch flashing'!

AJT
22-10-13, 21:43
Yep: we entered the USB-less area!

Nickname is 'couch flashing'!

Okay what are the steps for this please as its a first for me.

Edit:Forget it i worked it out.

Tkr001
22-10-13, 21:58
Okay what are the steps for this please as its a first for me.
Blue; VIX; Image Manager

AJT
22-10-13, 22:18
Blue; VIX; Image Manager

Yes but its from there i was stuck. on a off chance pressed downloads(yellow button on remote)and then downloaded and flashed image and restored settings.
Everyone knows i"image manager" but its the steps from then on.

This is what i did and may not be correct but it worked..

So first you need to be connected to router via cable or as in my case a wifi bridge straight wifi connection to box is no good.
And make sure you run a backup if you don't have one.
Then its menu/setup/vix/image manager/Then press yellow on remote for the latest image downloads list and select your image and wait for the download to box to complete .
Once downloaded then press blue on remote to restore/install downloaded image.once installed box will reboot and set up will begin.. Then in set up choose to restore settings from back up and then restore plugins then reboot job done.

Delagroov
23-10-13, 08:07
I have overscan turned off on my tv, always had it turned off. It's called full pixel on my tv, as for the over stretching on sd channels I managed to sort that out by disabling something called auto aspect ratio (I think)

Now when I use this new this new fetcher I no longer get the stretch on on sd channels :)

But epg and the image menus in general are out of focus and fuzzy looking all this is resolved when changing back to a HD channel ?

I will give the auto res plugin ago and report back :thumbsup:

The OSD(menu.epg etc.) is also stretched out when using autoresol.plugin, when setup to to use sd resolutions.
Thats why i keep those default as in my screenshot, so on sd channels are upscaled to 1080i to my tele.

Dont forget to turn the integrated autoresolution off in menu, when usin the AR plugin from feed.

Seem that not everyone has this issue and is depending if the tele supports overscan off also for other resol.
On my samsung i only can use overscan off(full screen) with hd material

maxxxi
23-10-13, 08:40
No offense but the current behaviour is a bit annoying. The autores festure is turned off here (set to 1080i) but when zapping channels the TV resyncs when the resolution of the new channel is different from the previous one.

Rob van der Does
23-10-13, 09:15
No offense but the current behaviour is a bit annoying. The autores festure is turned off here (set to 1080i) but when zapping channels the TV resyncs when the resolution of the new channel is different from the previous one.
And you did flash build 760 or above? And you have since then updated to build 763?

Delagroov
23-10-13, 09:17

When set to off, that should not be the case..

What are your settings and did you perform a fresh flash?

maxxxi
23-10-13, 15:49
I upgraded my current installation, not a fresh one. This was with 762, with 764 it's the same but now it defaults to 720p instead of 1080i as selected in AV-Settings.

ronand
23-10-13, 16:18
You have to do a fresh flash if you want to use build 760 or above. Just backup your settings before flashing and restore them afterwards. It only takes 5 minutes.

AJT
25-10-13, 19:43
My problems all gone now with clean install cheers

Creators
24-05-14, 16:23
Accidentally I found a useful article, perhaps what is more interesting ...

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/1080i-and-1080p-are-the-same-resolution/

Rob van der Does
25-05-14, 07:36
Hmmm, what's the interesting part?

Creators
02-06-14, 17:07
Hmmm, what's the interesting part?

Maybe here...

OK, 720p is 1,280x720 pixels, running at 60 frames per second (fps). This is the format used by ABC, Fox, and their various sister channels (like ESPN). I've seen some reader comments in response to other articles I've written ridiculing ABC/Fox for this "lower" resolution, but that's unfair in two big ways. The first, in the late '90s when all this was happening, there were no 1080p TVs. Sure, we all knew they were coming, but it was years before they started shipping (now, almost all TVs are 1080p). The other big way was the sports. Both ABC and Fox have big sports divisions, which played a big role in their decision to go with 720p. This is because when it comes down to it, fast motion looks better at 60fps (more on this later).

The 1080i designation is 1,920x1,080 pixels, running at 30 frames per second. This is what CBS, NBC, and just about every other broadcaster uses. The math is actually pretty simple: 1080 at 30fps is the same amount of data as 720 at 60 (or at least, close enough for what we're talking about).

Rob van der Does
02-06-14, 17:38
Hmmmm, just chit chat.
And the 30/60fps is not applicable to our side of the pond; we have 25/50fps.

Trial
02-06-14, 17:42
Hi,
this is math and I donīt think math is of much interest:-)

In Germany there was also a big discussion which resolution should be chosen. Because a group of european broadcasters recommended 720p the public German channel are using 720p with the sports argument and the private channels use 1080i because most of the international material is in 1080(i).

@Rob,
the math is the same. The bitrate of 720p50 is almost the same as 1080i25

ciao