PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] Video mode and converting

bartjunited
21-10-13, 09:31
Is it possible to change the video recording mode on the solo to something more compressed than Mpeg 2?
If not can you suggest what software I can use you convert my recordings as I want to put them on another pc to watch but the file sizes are huge

thanks

Bart

andyblac
21-10-13, 10:29
Is it possible to change the video recording mode on the solo to something more compressed than Mpeg 2?
If not can you suggest what software I can use you convert my recordings as I want to put them on another pc to watch but the file sizes are huge

thanks

Bart

you could use HandBrake, but depending on your CPU on your pc could take several hours to recode.

http://handbrake.fr

bartjunited
21-10-13, 15:36
ok thanks

Ive used the Divx convertor and this works ok but was hoping i could change the format to start with

Rob van der Does
21-10-13, 15:43
I forgot to say: the video-recording is just saving the TS (transportstream) as it has been sent by the service. Nothing is changed in that, including the codecs used. That means that most are coded H264 nowadays, not just mpeg2.