PDA

View Full Version : Genuine VU+ DUO

welshy10
21-10-13, 07:33
Hi

I have the money waiting for anyone with a genuine VU+ duo ideally with a 500gb internal HDD (or bigger) in good condition to be posted in mainland uk.

Looking to pay around £200 !

So if you have one and want a quick hassle free sale, then please get in touch.

Burnham
21-10-13, 21:07
Just a place holder. Might be selling if I get a Duo2 as replacement.

But it won't be a quick sale as I need to set up the Duo2 and get it running first.

Clabs
21-10-13, 23:21
Welshy

I think I have just what you are looking for. Vu+ Duo bought from the sponser about 18 months ago but very light use. It is in excellent condition and still has the protective plastics on the front of the receiver. The remote has a few tiny marks as you would expect (this is not a new box) but no wear. Currently has a 500Gb drive fitted. Also has original box and hopefully the instruction booklet if I can find it.

I have never had any problems with this receiver but I can change the capacitor out that causes the infamous red light of death on these boxes, for your peace of mind, if you want. I will flash whichever image you need and install any plugins you want - just say the word.

It is available simply because the family is downsizing - kids off to uni and no more need for au pairs.

Price would be £200 + £15 signed for UK mainland shipping.

If this is of interest, shout and i will post some pics up.

Cheers, Clabs

welshy10
22-10-13, 15:43
Hi clabs,

Sounds great mate, don't need image installed but if you could change the capacitor that would be great, £210 and you have yourself a deal when the pics are uploaded and all checks out!

Many thanks

welshy10
22-10-13, 19:41
Just a place holder. Might be selling if I get a Duo2 as replacement.

But it won't be a quick sale as I need to set up the Duo2 and get it running first.

Let me know as I have a mate who might be interested. Thanks

Clabs
22-10-13, 22:45
Hi welshy

I will get some pics up for you tomorrow.

Cheers, Mark

Clabs
23-10-13, 14:45
Hi again welshy

Here are the pics as promised. I think am only allowed a certain number per post so I will spread them over 2 messages. Just wanted you to have a clear idea of the condition etc.

Clabs
23-10-13, 15:07
And here is the second batch:

As I mentioned previously, the box has had a pretty easy life. I would say the condition is excellent and the protective plastics have never been removed from the front. There is a slight scratch on the left hand side panel of the receiver as can be seen in the first batch of pics. If I was being really fussy, there are some other tiny marks on the top of the casing but I do mean tiny. The remote is in pretty nice condition too.

This morning, I swapped out the capacitor that has been known to fail on these boxes. Mine never missed a beat and the capacitor looked fine but what I fitted was a higher quality one. You will see from the pics that I fitted it properly, by completely removing the old capacitor first, rather than just snipping off the old one and soldering the new one to the existing legs. This was done purely for peace of mind.

The hard disk fitted is one that I had bought some time before for another project that got shelved so was in effect new when I installed it. I reformatted it this morning so that you can start afresh.

Finally, I reflashed the box with a copy of the latest factory image.

This will come in the original box/packaging, which you can see is in good condition, together with mains lead, HDMI lead and a loop through cable.

Hopefully I have covered everything but if I missed anything out, do shout!

Oh - I am close to Watford, Herts if you wanted to pick up instead.

Cheers, Mark

welshy10
23-10-13, 20:50
Thanks Mark, I think you've covered everything! I'm in Cornwall so a little far to pick up! I'm going to PM you now with address etc! Thanks mate, as they say in Cornwall, "Proper Job"

Clabs
23-10-13, 21:42
Hi welshy

No worries mate. So - just to confirm - agreed price is £210 delivered to Cornwall and payment via Paypal gift.

Over to PM for the nitty gritty :)

welshy10
23-10-13, 22:37
Hi welshy

No worries mate. So - just to confirm - agreed price is £210 delivered to Cornwall and payment via Paypal gift.

Over to PM for the nitty gritty :)

Yes mate, already pm'd you!!

Clabs
24-10-13, 14:22
Just a quick update. Payment received so thank you very much, welshy.

TNT have just collected the receiver and it is due to be delivered to you sometime between 09:00am-13:00pm tomorrow.

I have PM'd you the tracking number.

Cheers

PS - I did find the manual which was still in it's protective bag, so that is enclosed too :)

welshy10
06-11-13, 10:14
Little late replying, but just wanted to say, Box received promptly and as described, so really happy.

Thanks Clabs for the hassle free transaction

Clabs
10-11-13, 21:08
Glad you are happy with it mate and thank you too for a nice drama free transaction :)