PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] It seem's most of you, have missed the thread.....

andyblac
21-10-13, 00:22
so i posting it again here.

PLEASE READ IT

Important Announcement.

'From build 760 onwards the video-mode selection has been completely overhauled. It is no longer merely a plugin, but has been embedded as an integral part of the image.

It is now necessary to reflash your receiver, a online update will cause issues. Before flashing you can use the BackupManager to make a settings- and plugin backup. If done, you can flash in the usual way and during the First Install Wizard you can use the restore function to restore your backup. This way your box will be up & running in a couple of minutes.

Once the image is up and running, you should go to Menu> Setup> AV-settings, and make the settings in accordance with your setup.'

Foxylady
21-10-13, 06:52
Cheers Andy,
I always do a fresh reflash without backup as it doesn't take me long to put everything back in manually.
Right! so the answer is clear and final, All i needed
Best wishes

duoduo
21-10-13, 08:02
Hi Andy, after a new reflash will online updates be standard going forwards?

Larry-G
21-10-13, 08:05
Hi Andy, after a new reflash will online updates be standard going forwards?

yes, it's just that the update in 760 is so complicated it needs to be a full flash to eliminate a lot of problems that would otherwise come from online updating.

bartjunited
21-10-13, 09:29
where can i read about the changes in build 760 and the video selection mode?

should this help my issue with my receiver not switching on at times?

Rob van der Does
21-10-13, 11:24
where can i read about the changes in build 760 and the video selection mode?
See post #1 above.

should this help my issue with my receiver not switching on at times?
Nope .

zoro25
21-10-13, 16:58
Once the image is up and running, you should go to Menu> Setup> AV-settings, and make the settings in accordance with your setup.'[/I]

I think you mean Menu>Setup>System>AV-Settings (System was missing from your above walk through in OP)

craig37
21-10-13, 18:35
Hi andy, carried out back up of box. downloaded 760 on to flash drive. Powered off unit and instal usb stick. powered on (update) shown Pressed power button and update started, minute later screen reads (checking usb) Has been on this for twenty minutes ?

Is this normal?

Cheers

khan888
21-10-13, 18:43
Hi andy, carried out back up of box. downloaded 760 on to flash drive. Powered off unit and instal usb stick. powered on (update) shown Pressed power button and update started, minute later screen reads (checking usb) Has been on this for twenty minutes ?

Is this normal?

Cheers

Once the box has updated you need to remove the usb stick and reboot the box, should load up fine after that

craig37
21-10-13, 18:55
Switch off box Removed stick Powered up but still running 753. Download 761 and same thing has happened Will try a different stick.. Have format to fat 32 and ejected correctly from laptop

Rob van der Does
21-10-13, 19:00
Why not download the image via the image manager and flash from there? No hassle with sticks and even much faster.

sparky72
21-10-13, 19:20
sorry to butt in but where is the image manager .... i have always had to flash from a stick and dont find it reliable

again sorry to butt in

thanks

Stanman
21-10-13, 19:21
blue button/VIX

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

sparky72
21-10-13, 19:23
thanks i will try it now

fast65
21-10-13, 19:36
Why not download the image via the image manager and flash from there? No hassle with sticks and even much faster.

thanks for that Rob. Works a treat
regards

craig37
21-10-13, 20:45
Thanks Rob, Thats a much better and like you say much quicker way to do it. Perfect

Thanks

leonc
22-10-13, 10:17
Not as easy for me on Technomate 2T OE. System wouldn't recognise usb disk when trying to do backup, tried several, all formatted to 32 but still no good. I kept getting dreaded crash message that system is going to reboot. Finally had to install new image and I am in the process now. Strangely the usb disk is recognised this time.

Larry-G
22-10-13, 10:21
Not as easy for me on Technomate 2T OE. System wouldn't recognise usb disk when trying to do backup, tried several, all formatted to 32 but still no good. I kept getting dreaded crash message that system is going to reboot. Finally had to install new image and I am in the process now. Strangely the usb disk is recognised.

Those crash logs would have been very valuable to us as a way to discover exactly why it was not working for you.

leonc
22-10-13, 10:23
Sorry I'm pretty new at this and I did not know how to save them or where to get them.

leonc
22-10-13, 12:12
ok did the system flash and have eventually got it installed. I had a problem when doing automatic setup. I got as far as scanning for channels which the onscreen info said completed with 900 channels found. However nothing happened and after a while i presse ok and it went back to wizard again and repeated process. When I got as far as channel scan completed I then press exit I then rebooted. The system was updated.

While going through setup/fan setup I noticed Fan1 PWM was halfway, the Standby fan1 PWM was nothing then underneath Board 59c Fan1 0 rpm. Is this right?

Another question as Andyblac said "It is now necessary to reflash your receiver, a online update will cause issues" Does this mean we have to flash like this always as online update isn't safe? Then why have online update?

Thanks a bunch for all the hard work.

garyblas
22-10-13, 12:17
ok did the system flash and have eventually got it installed. I had a problem when doing automatic setup. I got as far as scanning for channels which the onscreen info said completed with 900 channels found. However nothing happened and after a while i presse ok and it went back to wizard again and repeated process. When I got as far as channel scan completed I then press exit I then rebooted. The system was updated.

While going through setup/fan setup I noticed Fan1 PWM was halfway, the Standby fan1 PWM was nothing then underneath Board 59c Fan1 0 rpm. Is this right?

Another question as Andyblac said "It is now necessary to reflash your receiver, a online update will cause issues" Does this mean we have to flash like this always as online update isn't safe? Then why have online update?

Thanks a bunch for all the hard work.

Once version 760 or above flashed, you can update online without issues

foz
22-10-13, 19:13
lost xpicons with metrix hd skin with new 762 update ?

foz
22-10-13, 20:38
762... seems i am unable to do a channel scan?
manual scan finds no channels but i am watching a channel on that sat now very strange ?? tried it twice now ?
sorry i could not edit the above post mods please merge
foz

Rob van der Does
22-10-13, 20:56
lost xpicons with metrix hd skin with new 762 update ?
I think ALL picons must now be located in the default location (i.e. /picon no subfolders).

welshy10
22-10-13, 20:59
Hi guys, new to the Vix scene on my Duo having previously used a different image. Im currently using a backup image of Vix 3.0 - 521 and have the settings how I want it. To clarify, If I use Backupmanager, It will store my settings and plugins including channel lists, epg etc?

And then if I do a fresh reflash and use restore wizard it will put all these settings and plugins back the way I had it before?

Sorry for the obvious questions, but just want to make sure Ive got it right before I flash!

Rob van der Does
22-10-13, 21:04
Yes: make a settings backup in BackUpManager.
Then go to ImageManager: --> download image (latest available), return to ImMan , select the just downloaded image and click on 'OK'to flash it.
After the reboot, during the First Install Wizard you can restore those settings (and plugins).

welshy10
22-10-13, 21:11
Yes: make a settings backup in BackUpManager.
Then go to ImageManager: --> download image (latest available), return to ImMan , select the just downloaded image and click on 'OK'to flash it.
After the reboot, during the First Install Wizard you can restore those settings (and plugins).

When I go to ImageManager: --> download (yellow button), there's no image there to download. Am I doing something wrong?

Rob van der Does
22-10-13, 21:22
Is the internet connection for your box working?
Check e.g. if you can download plugins.

welshy10
22-10-13, 21:23
Yes internet connection is working. Is it because the build i'm on is so old?

foz
22-10-13, 21:24
I think ALL picons must now be located in the default location (i.e. /picon no subfolders).
this seems a little strange to me as the xpicons in the tv bouquets show up fine just not at the bottom info bar as normal?
i will try copying the folder from /media/hdd/XPicons/picon to /media/hdd/picon if i understand you correctly?
foz

foz
22-10-13, 21:26
When I go to ImageManager: --> download (yellow button), there's no image there to download. Am I doing something wrong?
from memory you need to press blue in that screen that downloads it then select yellow when its showing up maybe you mean this?

Rob van der Does
22-10-13, 21:27
Yes internet connection is working. Is it because the build i'm on is so old?
I have no idea.
What you can do is download the image from the normal location and FTP it to media/HDD (or USB)/imagebackup

this seems a little strange to me as the xpicons in the tv bouquets show up fine just not at the bottom info bar as normal?
i will try copying the folder from /media/hdd/XPicons/picon to /media/hdd/picon if i understand you correctly?
foz
Yes, you do.
Only HDD is not a good location for picons: flash is better. But technically it will work.

Tkr001
22-10-13, 21:46
no you only have to reflash to go from pre 760 to 760 or beyond and only once ie if you flash to 760 you can then online update to 762 etc. As Andy has said these reflashes are needed periodically when updates are complex.

As others have also pointed out flashing via USB is not needed, the inbuilt Image Manager is much easier and quicker. (just do a settings backup first)

foz
22-10-13, 21:51
I have no idea.
What you can do is download the image from the normal location and FTP it to media/HDD (or USB)/imagebackup

Yes, you do.
Only HDD is not a good location for picons: flash is better. But technically it will work.
thanks working now
they are 29mb in size is flash a good place for them?
why is hdd a bad place? i was led to beleive it reads picons at boot not reading them all the time?
thanks
foz

Rob van der Does
22-10-13, 21:56
On every zap E2 looks for a picon; if the HDD is asleep, the zap will be slowed for several seconds and spinners will show.

A good picon-set contains a small number of png-files, and a lot of symlinks (reason a FAT-device is not suitable): 28MB sugeests it's not a good set. Download an Ocram-set to have a look how that looks like.
But anyway: most STB's have plenty of flash nowadays. And as you paid for it: why not use it?

foz
22-10-13, 22:54
i had downloaded http://ocram.github.io/picons/downloads.html the shd version
so i am better off putting them where in usr/share/enigma2/picon/ ?
thanks again for your help :thumbsup:
funny i used to always put them on a mounted usb flash drive but was told they only got read at boot up only!! :confused:
foz

judge
22-10-13, 23:01
Its the EPG that gets read on startup, not picons.
So, HDD or USB is best place for EPG.
Flash or USB is best for picons.
You can store them on the root of either device in a folder called /picon

foz
22-10-13, 23:18
i will try downloading them through the image so i can update them in future and save space with symlinks
thanks you guys
foz

Rob van der Does
23-10-13, 05:05
i will try downloading them through the image so i can update them in future and save space with symlinks
That's indeed the way to go.

pspmixer
23-10-13, 10:51
where can you get this latest image from then for vix ad vu solo 2 box (link as may help others too)

ronand
23-10-13, 11:05
where can you get this latest image from then for vix ad vu solo 2 box (link as may help others too)

Have a look at the menu near the top of the page - VIX IMAGES

foz
23-10-13, 11:25
i have done that reported to scwheeler that the tv bouquets picon is missing on the left in metrixhd skin its still looking for that picon in old location /XPicon/picon
but i am still unable to do a manual scan i need to update a few channels on 28e
just looking into it at the moment, as i am off work today
ive updated this morning 762-763 online but still the same, i may just flash the latest 763 on and set up from fresh unless there is any reason i can not do a manual scan at the moment??
just sits there 0% scanned ?
thanks again

foz
23-10-13, 11:59
sorted it manual scan working fine now sorry my bad :thumbsup:
should have checked before posting sorry
kids must have changed/messed about with the tuner settings

groove_timer
23-10-13, 20:47
I've backed up my settings and flashed vix to 463 via USB and even tried via image manager. But when I restore my backup it's changing my tv display to 1080p which is not compatible with my 720p tv:confused:

groove_timer
23-10-13, 21:19
Update:
Ended up flashing to v463 via USB and manually setting everything up again. Will take a backup of my new settings and try another re-flash and restore option and see what happens

andyblac
23-10-13, 22:42
i'll take a look at this for you.

groove_timer
24-10-13, 20:30
Thanks, appreciate it

Andy_Hazza
24-10-13, 20:46
Build 760 was rewritten from ground up (video) so a fresh install was needed. when you've installed a fresh copy be it 760 or 764, from here onwards online updates are ok. :D

harpiks
25-10-13, 19:19
Sorry - maybe a stupid question.. This is posted under [VU+ Misc] - so I am not sure if this is also needed for my gigablue quad ?

Thanks for great support!

abu baniaz
25-10-13, 19:37
Applies to all receivers using Vix image. Forum bug, Should really be renamed to Vix Misc

skratch
25-10-13, 22:28
Man you guys have been busy and respect to all of you for your hard work as always. My question is can I copy my timer file and put it back on once ive flashed the new image or am I best setting recordings again?, I have noticed some timers were recording the wrong programs or sometimes not at all.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

judge
25-10-13, 22:33
Yes, you can backup /etc/enigma2/autotimer.xml & /etc/enigma2/timers.xml

skratch
25-10-13, 22:50
Yes, you can backup /etc/enigma2/autotimer.xml & /etc/enigma2/timers.xml

Sorry what I meant is it advisable or not will it cause any problems on the new image?

Larry-G
25-10-13, 22:54
Sorry what I meant is it advisable or not will it cause any problems on the new image?

I have copied the same files on one of mine since ViX 2.1 with no problems, but it wont hurt any thing to start from fresh either.

judge
25-10-13, 23:01

best to shutdown E2 first before you restore them, shouldn't cause any problems though.

dlesaffre
27-10-13, 09:08
After USB-flashing with the 760 release things worked fine. For a while.

Now I'm getting this in the crash log:

NEW MODE:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/VideoMode.py", line 387, in VideoChangeDetect
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'write_mode' referenced before assignment
(PyObject_CallObject(<bound method AutoVideoMode.VideoChangeDetect of <class 'Screens.VideoMode.AutoVideoMode'>>,()) failed)
[EPGC] start caching events(1382364334)
]]>

All I did was change the display boundaries, and restart.

Trying to reflash with the 766 download.

andyblac
27-10-13, 10:07
After USB-flashing with the 760 release things worked fine. For a while.

Now I'm getting this in the crash log:

NEW MODE:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/VideoMode.py", line 387, in VideoChangeDetect
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'write_mode' referenced before assignment
(PyObject_CallObject(<bound method AutoVideoMode.VideoChangeDetect of <class 'Screens.VideoMode.AutoVideoMode'>>,()) failed)
[EPGC] start caching events(1382364334)
]=]=>

All I did was change the display boundaries, and restart.

Trying to reflash with the 766 download.

need logs to help you. else try a newer build. iild 769 is currently building try that when online.

skratch
27-10-13, 17:40
I have copied the same files on one of mine since ViX 2.1 with no problems, but it wont hurt any thing to start from fresh either.

I have copied my old timer list over but my previous recordings are not showing also isn't there suppose to be icons on the epg to say what is set to record and what is an auto timer because mine doesn't show any icons?

Larry-G
27-10-13, 17:43
I have copied my old timer list over but my previous recordings are not showing also isn't there suppose to be icons on the epg to say what is set to record and what is an auto timer because mine doesn't show any icons?

The timer icons will only show for timers made with the new autotimers feature in the later image, some timers may not show until the next poll of the EPG.

skratch
27-10-13, 17:45
Ok so i think the best thing to do is delete the timer list end start again.

Larry-G
27-10-13, 17:57
Ok so i think the best thing to do is delete the timer list end start again.

yeah it wont hurt any thing to setup the timers from scratch.

dlesaffre
27-10-13, 23:13
need logs to help you. else try a newer build. iild 769 is currently building try that when online.

Running 770 now, and I can not reproduce the issue. Considering it solved :-)

andyblac
27-10-13, 23:16
Running 770 now, and I can not reproduce the issue. Considering it solved :-)

wahooooo :cool::thumbsup::p

blaidd
28-10-13, 01:52
Hi and thanks for all your hard work, installed latest image, but it crashes when TV button pressed, got your post to say there is a newer one 770 because of issues with 669, even on newer one it's still the same am attempting to send you the log

blaidd
28-10-13, 02:50
sorry meant 699, anyway i cant for the life of me figure how to add user name and email in the setup logs page on the only numbers, have ftp into box and obtained the file as a notepad txt file is this any good and if so what do you want me to do with it.
cheers
blaidd

andyblac
28-10-13, 12:54
sorry meant 699, anyway i cant for the life of me figure how to add user name and email in the setup logs page on the only numbers, have ftp into box and obtained the file as a notepad txt file is this any good and if so what do you want me to do with it.
cheers
blaidd

just attach it here will be fine.

blaidd
28-10-13, 13:41
hope you can help
blaidd

andyblac
28-10-13, 17:39
hope you can help
blaidd

start a need thread, and need more info like what you where do at the time.

Larry-G
28-10-13, 19:03
cheers
blaidd

if your using 699 that is a very old image, try reflashing to build 770 and see how that goes ( make a full set of backups first ).

Sanjhere
28-10-13, 19:47
Hello all,

How long should a reflash take please?

Mine has been saying reflash in progress for about 30 minutes now . . . .

misiokicio
28-10-13, 20:08
Hi guys, i was playing with the A/V settings for ages and couldn't fix the issue... i did online update, as i always do! Glad i saw this thread and done usb update plus settings restore, what could be done for the future references, a wee reminder on the online update with a message to update with USB instead of doing online update, I am pretty sure a lot of users here just click update on the box once green led flashing lol,

blaidd
29-10-13, 08:38
hi guys
well finished night shift and put 770 image on memory stick and re-flashed, all seems to be working fine thank you for all your input and help, can i ask how do i put my user name and email address in the crash log i can see where i should put it in bu i can only type numbers.
thanks again
blaidd
o and just for your info it crashed when i pushed the tv button bottom left and then you have all the sections such as films sport, as soon as i went to select a category it crashed but all ok now

skronk
29-10-13, 09:56
I tried reflashing 760 using stick and got a boot loop at restart, so went back to an image I found solid...720. I am going to try again but want to know.....will I have to reprogram my timers as my wife is timer daft. 15 on my Venton and 29 on the Duo. Is there a way to back up the timers and re-install on new image. If so...how ? I really don't tend to dabble. Leave well alone is my motto !!!!!!

Larry-G
29-10-13, 10:07
yes, kill enigma with a telnet session and the command init 4 then FTP into etc/enigma2 and copy the timers.xml and autotimers.xml files.

skronk
29-10-13, 10:11
yes, kill enigma with a telnet session and the command init 4 then FTP into etc/enigma2 and copy the timers.xml and autotimers.xml files.
Thanks for your reply Pheonix. However i am afraid your suggestion s are way over my head !!!
Can I just keep the image I have as I don't want to erase 44 of her timers.....(much aggro)

Larry-G
29-10-13, 10:29
yes if you want to park the image on that build thats fine but you wont be able to update again without reflashing the receiver.

another way to back up timers is to create a settings backup via the backup manager, then restore that after reflashing the receiver when asked in the first instal wizard.

skronk
29-10-13, 10:34
yes if you want to park the image on that build thats fine but you wont be able to update again without reflashing the receiver.

another way to back up timers is to create a settings backup via the backup manager, then restore that after reflashing the receiver when asked in the first instal wizard.

Hi Pheonix,

When I select backup manager do I select new backup ?

Larry-G
29-10-13, 10:35
yes that will create the backup.

skronk
29-10-13, 10:39
yes that will create the backup.

I would be as well to try 770 as that is latest ?

Updated to 770 and restored timers. Did the Venton first and will do the Duo this afternoon. Many thanks Pheonix. Mrs. would not be pleased if I had lost her timers. Thank goodness for alcohol !!!!

misiokicio
29-10-13, 11:05
I would be as well to try 770 as that is latest ?

Maybe because you are on an older build, try to flash like 760 and then get the latest one, right one the latest one is build 772, i am still on 770, kinda annoying when we dunno when to update online and when by usb, skronk- also do a image backup- click image backup and then green for new backup, go back and click backup manager and then green for new backup, use a program like filezilla( i am using it all the times) and ftp these backups to your pc, they are under /hdd backup, and image backup, just transfer them over just in case, if something goes wrong you can always reflash the whole image with your settings, and when you flash new build from usb just choose to restore settings in wizard, sorry for the long post lol

Larry-G
29-10-13, 11:56
kinda annoying when we dunno when to update online.

Thats the whole reason this thread and the one it's referencing were created.

Sanjhere
29-10-13, 12:02
Good Morning All,

My VU+ Uno got stuck on "Reflash in Progress" for the night, it was still there in the morning.

I turned it all off and on again, I have tried to reflash from a USB but the "Reading from USB" is not kicking in for some reason. I had this problem when an external hard drive was installed, when I disconnected the hard drive the reading from USB kicked in okay. Now I have an internal drive installed so don't want to disconnect that to reflash from the USB.

I have tried to flash older images to work forward to the latest image but the Uno gets stuck in the "Reflash in Progress".

Any advice, help or suggestions please? Would doing a factory reset be the answer?

Blu-ray
29-10-13, 16:30
Have Ultimo on Vix 750 upgrading to 770 via the image manager how long should it take as it seems to have got stuck on updating. Tried updating via usb sticks and after the spinning vix it switch off instead of telling me to take out usb stick and rebbot. :confused:

AzZ
29-10-13, 20:18
A suggestion for the future: Maybe you can state whether a reflash is needed (as opposed to an online update) for big changes in the changelog? I always see what has been changed before I do the online update. Might be helpful for those that read them.

Also just incase anyone is wondering I'm not talking about the changelogs that are released on the forum, but the notes that can be read directly on the VIX image when viewing the available updates through a software update.

misiokicio
29-10-13, 20:22
A suggestion for the future: Maybe you can state whether a reflash is needed (as opposed to an online update) for big changes in the changelog? I always see what has been changed before I do the online update. Might be helpful for those that read them.

Also just incase anyone is wondering I'm not talking about the changelogs that are released on the forum, but the notes that can be read directly on the VIX image when viewing the available updates through a software update.

that is exactly what i meant earlier, i do understand that when reflash is needed then this topic gets updated.... be a message on the top of changelog would warn everybody from updating!

Blu-ray
29-10-13, 20:30
Have Ultimo on Vix 750 upgrading to 770 via the image manager how long should it take as it seems to have got stuck on updating. Tried updating via usb sticks and after the spinning vix it switch off instead of telling me to take out usb stick and rebbot. :confused:

Does anyone know why i can't update to 770 from 750?

Larry-G
29-10-13, 20:30
Does anyone know why i can't update to 770 from 750?

read the very first post in this thread.

Blu-ray
29-10-13, 20:35
I have tried to update via the image manager and by usb stick but always stays on 750?

Sanjhere
29-10-13, 20:41
I know all the Admin must be really busy with all these changes and the amount of help and assistance required is probably more than normal.

Can anyone advise me with my problem please? I used to do the software updates every couple of days so I presume the images were up to date . . . . why can't I reflash? The box keeps getting stuck at reflash in progress.

I am now getting "not supported mode" when viewing the TV and I have to turn it off at the mains to restart. It will then work okay for a while then I'll get not supported mode again.

Thank you

tuneboy2005
29-10-13, 20:43
Same here, when i wanna update through the updatemanager. The flashings starts according to my screen and on my LCD display i see "Reboot 99" and it stays on that forever. When i restart the box i am at the same image as previous so no update has been done. Flashing with USB stick works very well but a bit more hassle :)

Blu-ray
29-10-13, 20:53
Same here Tuneboy2005 nobody seems to know how to fix it.

Larry-G
29-10-13, 21:00
Same here Tuneboy2005 nobody seems to know how to fix it.

you must flash your receiver to a minimum of build 760 via USB if the USB method is not working try via the inbuilt image manager in the image it self.

Blu-ray
29-10-13, 21:05
Have tried flashing build 770 all day and like other people on here gets stuck on flashing.

Larry-G
29-10-13, 21:07
well i flashed 5 different receivers today with build 770 and all went fine, via both USB and the image manager.

Blu-ray
29-10-13, 21:16
It's not just me other members are having the same problem,updating by USB stick goes through the updating then switches of instead of saying remove USB stick and reboot,when using update manager to flash box it just freezes.

Larry-G
29-10-13, 21:19
It's not just me other members are having the same problem,updating by USB stick goes through the updating then switches of instead of saying remove USB stick and reboot,when using update manager to flash box it just freezes.

I didn't say update manager, i said you could not use online updates from builds earlier than 760. Try via the image manager with the restore option ( blue button> ViX> image manager ), if this fails we need the corresponding debug logs or ideally rs232 serial putty logs.

Blu-ray
29-10-13, 21:23
Build 770 is not earlier than 760 have tried via the image manager and usb stick, now wondering if something is wrong with my Ultimo box?

Larry-G
29-10-13, 21:26
my ultimo is currently recording so i cant test the online update feature but i have used it to update several TM and Vu+ boxes from build 770 to 772 today just fine.

again we would really need to see debug logs from the failed updates in order to see whats going on.

Blu-ray
29-10-13, 21:26
Nothing in the logs.

Larry-G
29-10-13, 21:27
Nothing in the logs.

do you have debug logs activated ?, not crash logs.

Blu-ray
29-10-13, 21:29
Yes with user name and email but no logs recorded.

Larry-G
29-10-13, 21:30
Yes with user name and email but no logs recorded.

have you rebooted the receiver since activating the debugging feature ?.

Blu-ray
29-10-13, 21:31
Yes has been rebooted 6 times today.

Blu-ray
29-10-13, 21:34
Updated 3 Duo boxes 2 by image manager and one by usb no problems, it's just my ULtimo that won't update.

Uovervinnelig
29-10-13, 21:46
I am able to flash with USB but problem is I can't watch standard channels. There is message on tv that "mode is not supported". HD channels work fine. Can anyone please tell how to sort this out?
I have tried all AV settings but no use...
Thanks

Huevos
29-10-13, 21:54
A suggestion for the future: Maybe you can state whether a reflash is needed (as opposed to an online update) for big changes in the changelog?That is created automatically. It is the comments that accompany code being submitted to Github.

judge
29-10-13, 21:54
Updated 3 Duo boxes 2 by image manager and one by usb no problems, it's just my ULtimo that won't update.

Try downloading the Ultimo image again, maybe your first download was corrupted.

Blu-ray
29-10-13, 22:00
Have tried 760/766/770 all with different usb sticks, and the image manager, image manager hangs, usb stick message reboot 99 like other members are getting then spinning Vix then switches off instead of saying remove usb and reboot.

Sanjhere
29-10-13, 22:02
I have looked back at this thread and followed all the advice given. I have tried flashing (not personally!) from the image manager and from a USB but no luck.

The flash from the image manager just freezes. The USB flash won't work. I have tried different USB drives and different images.

Like the poster above, I get "Not supported mode".

I have had to change the video mode to HDMI, could that be causing the problem? It is happening on bbc3, bbc4 and other channels. Just checked the other channels, it seems to be the SD channels.

It won't flash and now the SD channels are messed up. : ((

Blu-ray
29-10-13, 23:08
Anybody having trouble updating there ULtimo box to build 770, by using a usb stick or image manager?

ghaz66
30-10-13, 00:28
Hi,
I am looking for auto bouquet too,
Thanks

judge
30-10-13, 00:36
This thread has gone way too of topic.
I you have issues not related to the new resolution options, please open new threads.

rizzy123
30-10-13, 15:18
THANKS FOR POSTING THIS REALLY HELPED ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS

Regards Rizzy

Uovervinnelig
30-10-13, 16:20
Hi guys, can anyone help me please. After latest update I can't watch SD channels....I have flashed vu duo box by using USB. Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Mr. Mister
30-10-13, 16:21
Hi guys, can anyone help me please. After latest update I can't watch SD channels....I have flashed vu duo box by using USB. Many thanks

Buddy.. You really need to start a topic of you own..

This thread is totally unrelated to your problem..

Uovervinnelig
30-10-13, 19:44
Ok no worries...I'll start a new thread. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

EsSa55
31-10-13, 12:14
Certainly did miss the thread.

I've been updating but always needing to revert to Build 765 backup, being the last one that displayed menus etc when on 4:3 programme correctly.

Thanks for the repeat.

ollie2013uk
02-11-13, 18:19
so i posting it again here.

PLEASE READ IT

Important Announcement.

'From build 760 onwards the video-mode selection has been completely overhauled. It is no longer merely a plugin, but has been embedded as an integral part of the image.

It is now necessary to reflash your receiver, a online update will cause issues. Before flashing you can use the BackupManager to make a settings- and plugin backup. If done, you can flash in the usual way and during the First Install Wizard you can use the restore function to restore your backup. This way your box will be up & running in a couple of minutes.

Once the image is up and running, you should go to Menu> Setup> AV-settings, and make the settings in accordance with your setup.'

thanks for this

shindiglad
03-11-13, 14:30
thanks for the info

XabiX
04-11-13, 10:38
I have not had precises issue but for the sake of safety I will reflash. Unfortunately the only image for the GB QUAD is quite old (and therefore prior to 760) so not sure it s of any use to reflash with an old image :p

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?22539-New-Gigablue-Quad-ViX-OE3-0-Release from http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?362-GiGaBlue-QUAD-ViX-Team-images

Therefore I assume I have to go with a beta image?

Thanks
XabiX

Larry-G
04-11-13, 10:50
All ViX images for all supported receivers are available directly from www.openvix.co.uk.

parkher
13-11-13, 21:48
I have missed this whole thing, so I am not sure what issues I am having with my Duo2 after the online update.
However I just noticed that I cannot connect NTFS formatted drives or flash sticks to USB, only FAT32 are detected.
I don't know if before 760 it was any differnt though.
Other than that I have no (or haven't noticed yet any) problems.

parkher
14-11-13, 00:19
Hm, I can find for downloading only 701 for Vu+ Duo2, so where is the newest one, or at least > 760?
My current build is 786. But I went through 760 using updates, not aware about this issue.

BTW, the NTFS issue fixed, not related, a plugin was required.

judge
14-11-13, 00:26
Latest ViX images for all boxes are available on http://www.openvix.co.uk/
783 is currently the latest build available on there, an online update to 786 can safely be done from that till it's added to the relase folder.

parkher
14-11-13, 00:33
Thanks.
So I got 783 then. No point in going back to 760.

Rob van der Does
14-11-13, 04:47
However I just noticed that I cannot connect NTFS formatted drives or flash sticks to USB, only FAT32 are detected.
Just install the NTFS-driver (available from the feeds).

parkher
14-11-13, 08:18
yes, thanks, I did: ntfs-3g. The problem fixed.

I really did not notice anything wrong with any builds, going through 760 by update.
Interesting if there are some known issues common to everybody so I could test if I have them.