PDA

View Full Version : HDF to VIX

ashish_tak
20-10-13, 23:56
Hi Gents,

I've just received new Gigablue Quad and it came with preloaded HDF image and some handy plugins. However for several problems and some inexplicable behaviors (i've posted them separately in other threads), I decided to switch to openvix.

However after downloading image and following how to I somehow didn't mange to flash the image. The reason was there was no prompt on lcd. I tried with various other USBs (reformated to FAT32) etc, but no prompt for upgrading image or flashing image. I've seen new How to guide as well, but and followed it, but as I describe there is no prompt on LCD or TV.

Am I missing something? Do I need to first flash bootloader in order to be able to do OpenVix image? If yes, I cant find bootloader for gigablue quad, so how do I do it?

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

Sicilian
21-10-13, 00:00
You do not need to flash the bootloader.

Use a rear USB port.
Max 8GB Kingston stick.
Use HP tool to format your USB stick http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45-HP-USB-Stick-Drive-Format-Tool

Mr. Mister
21-10-13, 00:00
Hi buddy..
Download and install the HP formatting tool..
Just google and find download link.. and install..
You will have to run this as adminstrator on your lappy/pc..
After formated in Fat32 with this.. Extrat image to box and reflash..

ashish_tak
21-10-13, 17:31
I'll try tonight and report, how it goes.

Thanks again gents...

Funchalinho
31-10-13, 23:29
Don't forget to unplug any usb devices and reformat the memory pen with you Laptop.

Good luck.

ashish_tak
09-12-13, 14:53
Finally managed to move to VIX previous weekend and on Monday than left to go to EU and so didn't enjoy new image myself. But wife and kids were happier when I returned on Friday.

Two things which made it work, formatting USB stick with HP Disk format tool and trying the front USB instead of rear.

Thanks for all the help

Rob van der Does
09-12-13, 16:47
.... But wife and kids were happier when I returned on Friday.....
Because of ViX? Or because of your return? Or because of ViX and in spite of your return :confused:

ashish_tak
09-12-13, 17:08
Lol, I'm fairly certain because of VIX... :thumbsup: