PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] Latest build

satmanbasil
20-10-13, 22:31
Hi there

Have now updated to the latest build tonight note in the listing a fix for tsmedia etc on installing i was hoping to see the fix in av setting with regards to the multi issue ...still looks like its not resolved and having to set to 50mhz...
Also notice now an annoying pop up on screen about videomode etc can that be switched off ?
also in the av setting you do not have an option for setting 4.3 pictures to pan and scan - letterbox - or just scale no option to choose is this right or a glitch if you atempt to left/right on that line in the menu it crashes the receiver.

also not note an annoying screen blanking when channel hopping for a second with that annoying popup videomode message as if its trying to be smart in giving you the best option to view the channel...whats going on with this development what is the goal in making changes to this as it seems to be making alot of problems to simply view a channel. Not sure right now if to revert back to 750 build at least this was stable.

I was going to mention the tsmedia fix still has problems as i opened it up to still find the warning of missing lib file i even went into libarary to download file which as reported in another thread crashed the box but on powering down and back up and trying tsmedia again it seems to be working on the channels i looked at.

dmgp
21-10-13, 00:03
I am also getting the screen blanking and the video mode and resolution banner, I can't find anywhere to switch that off either

deleted
21-10-13, 00:09
I found how the disable it, but it seems to ignore this.:confused:

andyblac
21-10-13, 00:16
guy's have you flashed as you where asked to, this update CAN NOT be done via online update. VideoSetup has had a major recode. you HAVE TO REFLASH

satmanbasil
21-10-13, 00:19
Hi mate

care to share the knowledge and when u did it did you reboot the receiver as sometimes this will keep the setting change.

andyblac
21-10-13, 00:52
please read.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?32376-It-seem-s-most-of-you-have-missed-the-thread

deleted
21-10-13, 00:54
I indeed missed it, but after a flash as recommended, all is good again, thanks guys.:thumbsup:

satmanbasil
21-10-13, 01:20
@ andy
Hi mate missed that one too have now seen your posting and have flashed by usb to 760 however note the 4.3 option you cannot change as mentioned before has this been disabled ? also i reported in my last post that tsmedia was showing the lib file missing and to download from library however i did what i done the time before but for some reason its not working again ?
Also that annoying pop up videomode etc message i would love to kill as when it appears its blanking the screen and in some cases gives a brief glimps of that ghosting screen before setting the picture to clear.
I always thought that in the splash screen process while the spinning vix logo is going the picture blanks at one point and took this to be the time when screen res is adjusted to the tv if so how comes it now doing so when live screen appears.

andyblac
21-10-13, 01:37
@ andy
Hi mate missed that one too have now seen your posting and have flashed by usb to 760 however note the 4.3 option you cannot change as mentioned before has this been disabled ? also i reported in my last post that tsmedia was showing the lib file missing and to download from library however i did what i done the time before but for some reason its not working again ?
Also that annoying pop up videomode etc message i would love to kill as when it appears its blanking the screen and in some cases gives a brief glimps of that ghosting screen before setting the picture to clear.
I always thought that in the splash screen process while the spinning vix logo is going the picture blanks at one point and took this to be the time when screen res is adjusted to the tv if so how comes it now doing so when live screen appears.

for all except TSmedia, you have not followed instruction then,

REFLASH
RESTORE
RE SETUP AV from scratch, it will have probably have been set to 'Scart-YPbPr' change back to HDMI, Display 4:3 contents is probably 'empty' just reset to what you want., if you do not want the new Automatic video mode make sure 'Automatic resolution' is off.

satmanbasil
21-10-13, 02:27
@andy

Hi did reflash/restore changed the ypbpr back to hdmi as you mention 4.3 setting is empty no option to change and i take it the auto vid mode set to off kills that annoying popup then?

tsmedia i note in the online update i did that the fix was done was it not included in the 760 flash ?

andyblac
21-10-13, 02:36
@andy

Hi did reflash/restore changed the ypbpr back to hdmi as you mention 4.3 setting is empty no option to change
just press left or right to select new option. (this blank should be fix for build 761)

and i take it the auto vid mode set to off kills that annoying popup then?

it is more than a popup it is auto video mode, it will change the TV res to the video source, handy if you prefer SD to be shown in 576i, or mkv's to be display at correct res (1080p24 etc). but yes, setting no stops this.

tsmedia i note in the online update i did that the fix was done was it not included in the 760 flash ?

i have not even looked at that, other people might have be not me.

Rahat786786
21-10-13, 12:11
The problem with the autoresolution is that if I switch from hd to sd channels there will be an annoying blackout for a few seconds as the resolution change takes place. Also the actual user interface resolution also changes and becomes blurred and SD.

andyblac
21-10-13, 12:19
The problem with the autoresolution is that if I switch from hd to sd channels there will be an annoying blackout for a few seconds as the resolution change takes place. Also the actual user interface resolution also changes and becomes blurred and SD.

thats down to your TV, out of our control. "becomes blurred and SD" that obvious as the TV is now in SD :confused:, if you prefer the your STB to upscale the channel leave the setting off.

hanenyo
21-10-13, 12:38
@andy

Hi did reflash/restore changed the ypbpr back to hdmi as you mention 4.3 setting is empty no option to change and i take it the auto vid mode set to off kills that annoying popup then?

"
I flashed my box with new updates this morning, I tried using YouTube from ts-media. I got "librtmp not installed, install from updates/library". Anyone getting this message?

andyblac
21-10-13, 12:43
"
I flashed my box with new updates this morning, I tried using YouTube from ts-media. I got "librtmp not installed, install from updates/library". Anyone getting this message?

the plugin looks like it needs updating for new library the author (of librtmp) updated the version to librtmp1 sounds TSMedia is still looking for librtmp or librtmp0

ask the plugin author to update his plugin.

khan888
21-10-13, 13:33
"

Open tsmedia plugin> updates> Library (blue button)> Install the last librtmp file in the list

Rob van der Does
21-10-13, 13:41
ask the plugin author to update his plugin.
He has been contacted about this and he's looking into it.

satmanbasil
21-10-13, 15:15
Hi

Looks like tsmedia has an update but so far i have tryed to download twice and reboot the stb but it does not install maybe rob can message him and let him know it needs tweeking.

Rob van der Does
21-10-13, 15:57
I worked around that by installing an old version (3.9) and updating it online.

If somebody could find me the 4.2 version, I could put that one on the feeds.

Rob van der Does
21-10-13, 17:36
Found 4.2 (attached): will be on the feeds after next build.

satmanbasil
21-10-13, 23:16
hi rob

worked a treat cheers

guevara321
22-10-13, 17:23
Hi I reflashed today to latest 762 build, done it through image manager. I backed up plugins and such but TSmedia wasn't there so I went to install it through plugins and it won't install? Any fix for this? Cheers

robertchas
22-10-13, 18:08
Hi,

I had the same problem to fix I followed the instructions above but only way I could download the librmp0 file was to install tspanel and go into tunisiaSat addons and you will find the file in tsmedia library along with the latest version of tsmedia, hard reboot and it should be there

you can get the tspanel plugin in the engima2 plugins section, just ftp the .ipk file to tmp and install through vix menu or transfer to usb and install through vix

hope this helps

Rob van der Does
22-10-13, 18:19
There are indeed still problems with this; the author is working on it.

For the moment the best way is to install version 3.9 manually and update it from within the plugin.

idgaf
22-10-13, 20:08
Can only load 3.9 with the new update 762. Still won't update to 4.2 through the plugin

Tkr001
22-10-13, 21:49
Hi,

I had the same problem to fix I followed the instructions above but only way I could download the librmp0 file was to install tspanel and go into tunisiaSat addons and you will find the file in tsmedia library along with the latest version of tsmedia, hard reboot and it should be there

you can get the tspanel plugin in the engima2 plugins section, just ftp the .ipk file to tmp and install through vix menu or transfer to usb and install through vix

hope this helps
To avoid confusion the reference was to TSmedia not TSPanel. Tspanel should be avoided.

satmanbasil
23-10-13, 00:06
Hi
Like to add the file rob posted is tsmedia and if loaded into temp file in your receiver then booted up it will install ok both my duo and solo are working fine

guevara321
23-10-13, 01:27
Hi I would like to add this. As my above post about TSmedia fair enough. I just got my solo2 2 weeks ago I flashed it with vix build 750 straight away had it all up and running great including TSmedia and was really impressed and thought picture quality was big step up from my old box. Being a newbie I seen new build 753 so flashed that through image manager but never backed up so had to start install again but no problem and still got TSmedia up and running. But what I noticed was a deteriotation in picture quality even though I had same settings as before. Then I reflashed to 762 build and backed up. But as I said no TSmedia and to be honest even worse picture quality? So I backed up and went back to 750 build still no TSmedia so I take it I'll have to do full flash without backup but on 753 I had TSmedia 4.2 running? But main point is picture quality cos what a difference even with exact same a/v settings? Any pointers? Thanks

judge
23-10-13, 01:35
What a difference sentences & paragraphs make too...
Please make your post a bit easier to read.

guevara321
23-10-13, 01:50
Another update. I have just noticed that even though I have gone back to 750 build and updated software I have no option for autoresulition: yes/no which I had on 762 build? I know I'm a new start but getting confused haha. Don't get me wrong picture quality lot better on 750?

guevara321
23-10-13, 01:55
What a difference sentences & paragraphs make too...
Please make your post a bit easier to read.
You having as laugh? C'mon school was years ago eh? Correct grammar, you hit my hands with a ruler haha. Kidding aside ain't that hard to read? Keep it simple for you: picture quality bad on latest builds! And its champions league night so few beers and my team won :-)

judge
23-10-13, 02:05
You having as laugh? C'mon school was years ago eh? Correct grammar, you hit my hands with a ruler haha. Kidding aside ain't that hard to read? Keep it simple for you: picture quality bad on latest builds! And its champions league night so few beers and my team won :-)

No kidding, a constant rant with no breaks is hard to read, especially for any non English readers.
If you want help, make it easy for yourself by making it easy for all to read.
Sorry if that takes you back to school days.

ronand
23-10-13, 02:20
A little bit of manners goes a long way. Dont be expecting the mods and developers to decipher unpunctuated text - they dont get paid to do it. And there is nothing wrong with the pq on build 762 if you cared to flash your receiver correctly and set the av settings.

guevara321
24-10-13, 15:44
My manners??? Wasn't myself that was having a dig was it? And I did everything correctly as I had said. Now on to latest build 765 so will see how it goes thanks. And if I upset any of you then you need to get out more....