PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Plug ins wont uninstal

lofgents
20-10-13, 20:30
I am using the latest vix image on the solo2 and when I go to the plug ins window and try and uninstal some of the files I have tried and dont use they will not uninstal. I have rebooted afterwards etc. but when I go back to the plug ins screen they are still there and I can open them.

Thanks for any advice.
lofgents

duoduo
20-10-13, 20:39
Which ones are you referring to lofgents?

Rob van der Does
20-10-13, 20:49
I am using the latest vix image on the solo2 ....
So that would be build 760? Why not say that instead of disguising what build you're using?

lofgents
20-10-13, 20:56
Apologies but my receiver is down in the basement TV room and my PC is on the top floor of the house it was simpler to say the latest as I installed VIX last week and it updated a couple of days ago.

Plug ins are iplayer, ondemand and 1 channel.

duoduo
20-10-13, 21:04
Did you originally install these from feeds or manually using ipk files? There is a path to delete this by FTP but can't think right now what it is, hopefullly someone else can assist with it.

Larry-G
20-10-13, 21:11
Apologies but my receiver is down in the basement TV room and my PC is on the top floor of the house it was simpler to say the latest as I installed VIX last week and it updated a couple of days ago.

Plug ins are iplayer, ondemand and 1 channel.

off topic i know but why did you install the iplayer plugin and OnDemand ?, surely you know that OnDemand already contains the most upto date and most advanced iplayer plugin available ?.

lofgents
20-10-13, 21:13
Installed manually but dont want to start deleting stuff by ftp as I am not 100% sure of if its the correct way and if I am going to cause a problem.

lofgents
20-10-13, 21:14
I had already installed iplayer and it didnt work, I was looking for a live BBC stream capability but none of these seem able to do that.

Larry-G
20-10-13, 21:18
I had already installed iplayer and it didnt work, I was looking for a live BBC stream capability but none of these seem able to do that.

It's technically illegal to redistribute TV channels even free ones without licence, hence why we dont offer such features.

lofgents
20-10-13, 21:23
I would still like to remove them.

Rob van der Does
20-10-13, 21:31
1- You don't need to go to the box to see what version it is running: the web-if will tell you.
2- If you un-install a plugin via the pluginbrowser and it is still showing and working after a reboot, it's a badly coded plugin. In that case you can manually delete the plugin-folder /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/PlugInName or from /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/PlugInName
Make sure you use the correct PlugInName and restart GUI when done.

lofgents
20-10-13, 21:36
Thank you will give that a try tomorrow. I have only had the box a short time and hence the uncertainty, I will be sure to quote the info you asked for if I have any further questions.