PDA

View Full Version : Fresh install

DaMacFunkin
20-10-13, 15:17
Hello, in conjunction with a few problems I am having I would like to do a clean install of my solo 2, I would like it to remember nothing, except the motorised dish settings, do I just back up satellites.xml and put that back in etc/enigma2 after install, then reboot? Or is ther other things I need to back up / erase.
Thanks.

Larry-G
20-10-13, 15:19
The satellites.xml only contains the satellite locations and transponder details, it does not contain your motor settings, not really sure which file contains those. but yes your on the rite track, a full fresh install with nothing restored is the way to go.

The only things i'd backup would be cam config files and any timers and autotimers.xml files from /etc/enigma2/

Burnham
20-10-13, 19:42
Not sure if it is relevant to OP query, but satellite settings are stored in the settings file in /etc/enigma2.

The same file is used to store satellite settings on every image version on every enigma2 receiver.

This information is probably only of interest to people not using USALS.

DaMacFunkin
20-10-13, 20:19
This si the problem, the last time i totally wiped it took me ages to get usals working :-( i just want to back up and go... can i edit the settings file so that stuff i don't want remembering is restored?

Ten Below
21-10-13, 12:18
This si the problem, the last time i totally wiped it took me ages to get usals working :-( i just want to back up and go... can i edit the settings file so that stuff i don't want remembering is restored?

Yes the lines starting config.Nims are your motor settings, once you have reflashed edit the new file with these lines then hard reset the box. When it restarts your settings will be as they are now, i have 2 motors on advanced settings myself & do it this way after changing images.

DaMacFunkin
21-10-13, 12:41
Ta mate sounds good