PDA

View Full Version : Gigablue 800se+ review

sagatr
20-10-13, 14:34
I am interested in this 800se+ with twin dvb-s2 tuner. Seems like a good deal for £180. But there seems to be no reviews or any discussion about this box.

The support for images etc seems to be missing. How does this box compare Gigablue hd quad. I am also considering amiko alien2 twin tuner.

Any feedback about this box will highly appreaciated.

I basicly need a box with 2 dvb-s2 tuner so i can watch 1 channel and record another. Will be using for 28.2 channels.

Larry-G
20-10-13, 15:25
The + ( Plus ) models are relatively new hence the low amount of posts about them, but if there any thing like their little brothers stability wise they will be well worth the price. as for images most of the OE-Alliance teams should have a image out at some point as with other Gigablue models.

Mr. Mister
20-10-13, 16:52
Stay clear of the Alien..A m8 of mine bought one about a month ago.. He has since sold it taking a big hit money ways.. He said it was the biggest piece of crap that he has ever used..

I did not go into details about it as i have no interest in that box.. But EPG was a real problem along with a few other things..

sasho
19-02-14, 11:34
Stay clear of the Alien..

A m8 of mine bought one about a month ago.. He has since sold it taking a big hit money ways..

He said it was the biggest piece of crap that he has ever used..

I did not go into details about it as i have no interest in that box.. But EPG was a real problem along with a few other things..

are you saying that new plus models are not worth It
except epg what are / were other few problems
I see from your signature that you got a less cpu powered 800 gigablue boxes

Mr. Mister
19-02-14, 13:38
except epg what are / were other few problems
I see from your signature that you got a less cpu powered 800 gigablue boxes

Im not talking about the Gigablue..

That statement was about the Alien..

marty
30-03-14, 14:23

IMHO no, I'm shocked on how slow the 800UE+ is :eek:
Lovely looking box but the TM boxes are sooo much faster and cheaper.

Blade0rz
31-03-14, 18:25
IMHO no, I'm shocked on how slow the 800UE+ is :eek:
Lovely looking box but the TM boxes are sooo much faster and cheaper.

Out of interest which twin TM box is cheaper?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Larry-G
31-03-14, 18:30
The Nano OE

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Technomate-TM-NANO-OE?filter_name=nano

marty
31-03-14, 18:32
Out of interest which twin TM box is cheaper?

I never said the TM twin was cheaper ;) I was referring to TM's in general :) I think you will find the NANO twin only a few quid dearer than a GB with extra tuner.

Blade0rz
31-03-14, 20:17
I never said the TM twin was cheaper ;) I was referring to TM's in general :) I think you will find the NANO twin only a few quid dearer than a GB with extra tuner.

Ahhh I see! Personally I find the SE+ to be just fine. I wouldn't say it's lightning quick but definitely not sluggish.

And definitely if looks are a factor, the SE+ and UE+ are stunning boxes. Matched only by the more expensive Vu Solo2. But then again you get what you pay for and this box lives up to its price tag.

marty
04-04-14, 10:41
TM wipes the floor with them. 1080p mkv playback is very jerky. Liquid smooth on tm's

marty
04-04-14, 10:43
Agreed. They do look good (the UE does anyway) but looks arnt all.

Blade0rz
05-04-14, 21:42
TM wipes the floor with them. 1080p mkv playback is very jerky. Liquid smooth on tm's

Never tried this as I have a separate HTPC. Now that you mention it though, timeshifting and recording playback seeking is VERY slow on this box

marty
10-04-14, 08:32
Never tried this as I have a separate HTPC. Now that you mention it though, timeshifting and recording playback seeking is VERY slow on this box

I have a SF8 too (same CPU but running some 250MHz slower) that is alot faster than the UE+ but too suffers poor 1080p MKV playback. I'm guessing it is a limitation of the CPU? 720p is perfect.
Hopefully new drives will speed up the GB's in the future :thumbsup:

sasho
24-08-14, 09:53
I like to buy open linux box with DVBS2 and DVBT tuners
to date Is gigablue SE plus / UE plus best choice or there are better alternatives

Larry-G
28-08-14, 01:30
I like to buy open linux box with DVBS2 and DVBT tuners
to date Is gigablue SE plus / UE plus best choice or there are better alternatives
From all accounts they are fairly decent entry level receivers . I can't comment on their stability or performance however as I have never used them, but I do have their big brother the quad and that works great on terrestrial and satellite.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

sasho
30-08-14, 12:28
From all accounts they are fairly decent entry level receivers . I can't comment on their stability or performance however as I have never used them, but I do have their big brother the quad and that works great on terrestrial and satellite.

would you please tell us your findings about quad tuner sensitivity compared to other boxes In your signature - Is It top notch

Larry-G
30-08-14, 12:36
would you please tell us your findings about quad tuner sensitivity compared to other boxes In your signature - Is It top notch
I only use my boxes on 28.2 East so can't really comment on the sensitivity or performance of the tuners else where.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk