PDA

View Full Version : Swapping 4 channels with HD version - possible?

astrok
18-10-13, 23:41
Hello,

I'm using the Vix built-in ABM to generate Sky channel numbers but would like to swap BBC1, BBC2, ITV and Channel 4 with their HD versions. If I use the Sky HD option it also swaps Channel 5 and the other ITVs which is no good as I don't get them FTA. If I use the move option via the remote control it does not swap them it just gives them completely random channel numbers. If I use DBE and download the channels from the receiver it does not show me BBC 1 as 101 but as 1, so I'm stuck straight away.

Any ideas?

judge
18-10-13, 23:54
Try creating a Favourites bouquet, add the channels you want to that & set it as the main bouquet.
That way, you can keep Sky numbering on all channels when ABM is run as long as you add no more than 100 to that...

astrok
19-10-13, 00:36
I'd like to keep the numbers the same as Sky except having these 4 channels swapped with their HD version. So BBC1 HD becomes 101. Must be some way of doing it?

mickyblueys
19-10-13, 08:06
Use lraizer autobouquet and use custom swap its quick and easy. It will do exactly what you are looking for.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

DaMacFunkin
19-10-13, 08:10
Select the area you want in abm and tick the options you want and choose to swap channels peasy

AJT
19-10-13, 09:43
Its can be done very simply in the bouquet.while in your channel list press menu on remote then select enable move mode and select channel and use arrows up and down to move the channel within the bouquet.If a channel you want can not be found then while in channel list press red=all channels search for the channel you want press menu on remote again and then add service to bouquet and pick a bouquet list to add it to.this way you create your own custom bouquet.as you are using ABM after you have made your custom bouquet make sure the leave bouquet list or do not remove is ticked or not ticked as when you update it will mess up your custom bouquet.

Stanman
19-10-13, 10:41
Why not pick up a cheap ftv card.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

astrok
19-10-13, 11:47
I flashed the box with VIX 753 image, done from a USB stick and then a full scan and a backup (just incase). Then I ran the built-in ABM using London SD as the area. This gave me the SD Sky channels ok.

I then used the remote control and moved 102 BBC2-SD to where 142 BBC2-HD is, and moved 142 BBC2-HD done to just below 101 BBC1-SD. Upon restarting the gui I now have 2 BBC Two HD, 42 BBC 2 England, 103 BBC 1 London...!

s31teg
19-10-13, 14:58
I flashed the box with VIX 753 image, done from a USB stick and then a full scan and a backup (just incase). Then I ran the built-in ABM using London SD as the area. This gave me the SD Sky channels ok.

I then used the remote control and moved 102 BBC2-SD to where 142 BBC2-HD is, and moved 142 BBC2-HD done to just below 101 BBC1-SD. Upon restarting the gui I now have 2 BBC Two HD, 42 BBC 2 England, 103 BBC 1 London...!

these will get replaced with originals when you run ABM again

astrok
20-10-13, 09:40
I found a solution! I ftp'd the autobouquet.skyuk.main.tv file and moved the 4 channels around manually, rebooted the gui and it's done it. Phew!

ABM followed by a manual channel move put in random channel numbers. DBE does not give the correct channel numbers (starts at 1, maybe something to do with the way ABM works?). Using a FTV card would only give me Channel 5 HD but not the ITV2,3,4 HDs I think..? It would be great if this was possible via the remote or easily, but manually editing the file works :cool:

AJT
20-10-13, 10:36
Why not pick up a cheap ftv card.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

good idea will update itself...ummm

I currently use Rats bouquets and dreamboxedit.I just edit the bouquet before i FTP to box.i delete a lot of channels i dont want and make one bouquet if all the chanels i want in the order i want them and just zap them to box.It takes a hour or so but then you always have the edited list ready to always zap over to box should you need.
Or you can do it in reverse,use ABM then using dreamboxedit pull the bouquets from box edit them and zap them back..again having a saved copy ready to use should you need.