PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] Ver 3 Build 753 Scrolling Issues - which leads to jumpiness

Flyingpig
18-10-13, 00:47
Hello All,

I updated tonight to the latest build on my ET9000 and the picture on screen became jumpy. The scrolling at the bottom on BBC and Sky News channels was blocky, jumpy and was not smooth. I done a virgin install with no plugins and fresh as a daisy and it was the same.

I installed build 750 and it is okay. It is now back to normal and is as smooth as a babies bottom - this leads to me to the conclusion that there is an issue with build 753 which is causing some picture / scrolling issues.

Thanks,

FP.

Rob van der Does
18-10-13, 06:31
I updated tonight to the latest build on my ET9000 and the picture on screen became jumpy. The scrolling at the bottom on BBC and Sky News channels was blocky, jumpy and was not smooth. I done a virgin install with no plugins and fresh as a daisy and it was the same.
So you went to your AV-Settings to check (and change) them ........

Flyingpig
18-10-13, 09:08
No I never I reinstalled build 750 and it is okay!

What would I have to change in the AV settings to make it okay?

asim
18-10-13, 20:11
The refresh is being automatically changed to 60hz no matter what setting you choose in av settings. Known issue after build 749. andyblac is lookimg into it i think.

DaMacFunkin
18-10-13, 20:53
That is defo,what I'm experiencing 50hz converting to 60hz, all motion looks unnatural, it's this new match res feature they have introduced, it's happening whether its on or off.

Flyingpig
18-10-13, 22:28
Well I will be sticking with 750 until its sorted... it was driving me mad...

Larry-G
18-10-13, 22:32
with all respect this is why we provide backup and image managers so if things do go wrong you can return to a working setup in minutes, and no one forces users to update. if your happy to stick to a certain build by all means do, but please also remember that every thing we do here is free and of our own time.

Flyingpig
18-10-13, 23:02
with all respect this is why we provide backup and image managers so if things do go wrong you can return to a working setup in minutes, and no one forces users to update. if your happy to stick to a certain build by all means do, but please also remember that every thing we do here is free and of our own time.

Hello Phoenix,

I was not being disparaging in any way. I am grateful for the work you all do. I honestly thought I was providing information in order to make your service an product better.

After updating I returned to the backed up copy but the juminess was sgill there. Only a fresh install would cure the problem. Again not a dig, info which I think may be useful.

Flyingpig
18-10-13, 23:05
I have to add if that is how you treat people who take time to feedbac, you will put people off...

Larry-G
18-10-13, 23:07
Hello Phoenix,

I was not being disparaging in any way. I am grateful for the work you all do. I honestly thought I was providing information in order to make your service an product better.

After updating I returned to the backed up copy but the juminess was sgill there. Only a fresh install would cure the problem. Again not a dig, info which I think may be useful.

I'm not having a go but pointing out that while we try to maintain a bug free image, bugs can creep in, hence the inclusion of the backup and image managers and the auto backup feature when you perform a update. plus ( not saying you ) but a lot of users forget that were not a commercial entity but a small team who work for free.

Larry-G
18-10-13, 23:10
I have to add if that is how you treat people who take time to feedbac, you will put people off...

I fail to see what was wrong with my initial reply !. I simply pointed out that the software is free and if your happy to stay on a older build then that was fine. if that's classed as being rude or obnoxious then i may as well give up replying to threads so that i dont offend users in the future.

cactikid
18-10-13, 23:15
we are glad that people do spend alot of time honing features on images and when we have a problem it gets looked at and fixed and we can ask where things go wrong and very nice to have a forum who spend their time helping others:amen:

for things to work better feedback is needed with the problem reported,but the wording can sometimes be taken as the wrong way with answering posts and goes both ways as i do it myself also:)

judge
18-10-13, 23:31

All we ask of users with problems is to upload debug/crash logs.
Without those, it gets even harder to fix any issues.

tribute
19-10-13, 05:02
Good to hear Im not the only one with a jumpy choppy picture since updating to the 753 build

Rob van der Does
19-10-13, 05:57
Can you please explain what we should do not to put people off then? Or what was wrong in Pheonix's answer?

herman2709
19-10-13, 15:40
All we ask of users with problems is to upload debug/crash logs.
Without those, it gets even harder to fix any issues.

Here' s my log. My Vu+ Duo starts up in 60 Hz video mode no matter what the settings say causing ghostimage effects on SD-channels. Have to reset to 50 Hz manually or to multi to get a normal image in SD mode. However that new setting doesn' t stick and same bug occurs after switching on the VU+ Duo again from standby or from rebooting the box.

p.s. cccam messages were removed from the file for obvious reasons.
p.p.s. posted here since the same bug in build 753 seems to be in various brands of boxes

judge
19-10-13, 16:04
we are currently testing build 757 which should hopefully fix these issues, but as all of us have different TVs, STBs, set-ups... it can be hard to track down.
if you can't wait for an update, go back to a previous build till a new build is released.

herman2709
19-10-13, 16:40
we are currently testing build 757 which should hopefully fix these issues, but as all of us have different TVs, STBs, set-ups... it can be hard to track down.

Would be glad to help with my Vu+Duo with testing build 757 if needed.