PDA

View Full Version : need help to mount a network drive

stuffyouguys
17-10-13, 22:14
hi everybody,
I've been trying to mount a network drive (DNS320L) on and off since I first got this box and believe I have just about tried everything and read every bit of info on the net (none of which relates to the tm2t). I simply cant do it and need help in the form of a step by step idiots guide please. I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to these things as I have a network of computers, games machines and music media players all over the house. I currently use my PS3 as a media client streaming films from the DNS320 nas drive but would like to stream straight to the tm2t box if it's possible.
many thanks
Rob.

abu baniaz
18-10-13, 00:08
Have you tried here, there is a guide.
http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Guides%20and%20Tutorials/

judge
18-10-13, 00:27
Would also be handy if you mention the image & build number being used on your TM2T.

stuffyouguys
18-10-13, 23:04
Would also be handy if you mention the image & build number being used on your TM2T.

sorry.
version - 3.0
build - 750
kernel - 3.5.3
drivers - 2013-09-17

stuffyouguys
18-10-13, 23:06
many thanks I look at this tomorrow and report back

stuffyouguys
19-10-13, 08:02
ok I've followed the guide to point 3. I can see the tm2t the laptop im typing this on and my nas drive DNS320L. the guide says "Scroll to and click ok to open the device you wish to mount in this case my Vu+ Ultimo.
Scroll to the hard disc icon and press ok to open"...I get nothing, at the bottom of the screen it says press ok to collapse this host. the only device I can expand is the tm2t receiver. helpppppppppppp.

BubbleBalls
19-10-13, 08:16
On one occasion in the past this screen did not expand but the point was actually shared. Check menu/system/network/mounts setup/mount manager/mount points manager to see if it is actually active.

Also, sometimes it can take maybe 20 seconds to register during which time it is easy to press the OK button again which closes the selection as soon as it opens.

Tapatalker

stuffyouguys
19-10-13, 13:55
On one occasion in the past this screen did not expand but the point was actually shared. Check menu/system/network/mounts setup/mount manager/mount points manager to see if it is actually active.

Also, sometimes it can take maybe 20 seconds to register during which time it is easy to press the OK button again which closes the selection as soon as it opens.

Tapatalker

no...still no joy. my laptop nor nas drive will not expand....why not

Rob van der Does
19-10-13, 17:24
Are you using cifcs mounts? If so, did you install both Samba Server & Client?

stuffyouguys
19-10-13, 18:58
Are you using cifcs mounts? If so, did you install both Samba Server & Client?

ive tried NFS share and CIFS. ive installed samba server and client too.

stuffyouguys
21-10-13, 17:43
ok seeing as no one seems to know the solution to my problem. is there a plugin that turns the tm2t into a client? I have twonky running on the nas drive which is picked up by my mp3 players, xbox and ps3.