PDA

View Full Version : Dvb S2 960 low snr

Sirius
17-10-13, 19:15
Hey guys running vix 3.0 750 on my solo 2, just got this USB tuner up and running, I have it set up to my motor using Usals.

Now not really a problem as my picture is fine, but will be a bit of a pain if I ever need to tweak Usals as the snr is not displaying correctly.

For instance if I zap to bbc 1 HD normally my snr would be 87% but using this USB tuner is only shows 1%?

This is the same for other channels and other sats, is anyone else experiencing this problem?

DaMacFunkin
18-10-13, 12:38
Yes mate, I think the instruction set in the 960 hardware is a bit different than the 900 hardware that the driver was proberly written for. Will we get a proper 960 driver that stops it going to sleep etc???

Sirius
18-10-13, 18:08
Like I said not really that big of a problem as my picture is fine, even when it reads 1%

Sirius
18-10-13, 22:00
Hmmm now getting black screen after zapping a few channels and error message saying no data from transponder??? Restarting box sorts this for a while any ideas???

maxxxi
19-10-13, 09:13
Same problem here, already mentioned in the other thread.

judge
19-10-13, 09:22
Not sure if its related, debug logs would help...
But, have ye PTS enabled? If so, maybe increase the time before it kicks in.

Stanman
19-10-13, 10:33
Nor given it a proper try. it but do far working fine here.

A is fixed, B usals and C is 960 and Box records and uses A & C fine.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Sirius
19-10-13, 10:39
Not sure if its related, debug logs would help...
But, have ye PTS enabled? If so, maybe increase the time before it kicks in.

I do not have PTS enabled. This only really happens if I constantly change satellites for instance I go to hot bird flick thro a few channels, then go 30w flich thro a few back to sly flick through a few then go back to hot bird then get black screen and message no data from transponder. Restart enigma sorts this out.

I will look into this later today and try and capture some logs when it does it again.

Sirius
19-10-13, 10:44
Nor given it a proper try. it but do far working fine here.

A is fixed, B usals and C is 960 and Box records and uses A & C fine.

This may be my problem as I have A as fixed B as fixed and C as Usals.

The USB tuner seems to move the dish fine, just takes a little longer to move but I don't mind the wait.

Stanman
19-10-13, 10:53
personally your better of putting the motor on a internal tuner.

Sirius
19-10-13, 10:55
personally your better of putting the motor on a internal tuner.

I did have it on internal at first, but changed it over just to see if it worked ok with the USB tuner.

DaMacFunkin
19-10-13, 12:01
I have A fixed, B usals, C fixed, and c crashes after fast zapping on fixed, it also crashes after being idle, like we said before probably needs a driver rewrite

Sirius
19-10-13, 16:04
I have A fixed, B usals, C fixed, and c crashes after fast zapping on fixed, it also crashes after being idle, like we said before probably needs a driver rewrite

Do you get error (no data on transponder! Time out reading PAT) ?? I'm changing my motor back to tuner B to see if it works any better

Sirius
20-10-13, 22:00
Just to add since swapping my motor back to internal tuner B and using the USB tuner on a feed from my fixed dish, I have had no issues as of yet. :thumbsup:

DaMacFunkin
25-02-14, 21:42
As an update my mrs keeps managing to crash this tuner whilst zapping the channels , it obviously happens when the box is recording an tuner A, she doesn't know she is on tuner c, obviously the box needs to be rebooted which is a pain when it is recording... Any new news or drivers available for this box, or is there someway to reboot the tuner without rebooting the box?