PDA

View Full Version : How to re-size Channel bar that comes up on pressing Exit button

ashish_tak
17-10-13, 16:59
As the subject says, if you've no other menu or interface open and watching a channel, and then you press Exit button, it brings up at the bottom of the TV a channel bar (don't know what else to call) similar to Info Bar. It allows you to view previous and after channels and also flick thru them to move to those channels.

Really cool feature, however this channel bar is way to wide and as a result both ends of this bar is cut out. I've tried reducing width through User Interface Settings, but that has made no change to this bar width.

Any advice where can I find the setting for this channel bar?

I've OpenHDF image and Army Skin running.

Any help would be much apprciated.

Larry-G
17-10-13, 17:05
Tru a different skin to see if the same happens.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

ashish_tak
17-10-13, 17:11
Thanks for your reply pheonix. GB Quad came with default three skins. Have tried them all, but with no effect :-(

judge
17-10-13, 17:20
Check your plugins downloads for other skins, although if it's not fixed on the default skins maybe you should report it on the OpenHDF forums.
Or maybe try another image...

ashish_tak
17-10-13, 17:27
Thanks judge.

I'll try plugins to see if I've them all correctly configured. I'll let everyone know.

Out of curiosity, would you say OpenVIX is better than OpenMips or OpenHDF? and if so why? (sorry if I'm asking question which is already known to anyone, but I've not been able to locate any review/comparision on this images).

Secondly I believe for me to change image, I've to change the bootloader, is that correct? If so where can I find bootloader for GBQuad for either OpenVix or OpenMips?

judge
17-10-13, 17:33
I can't answer that as I don't use OpenMips or OpenHDF, its a personal choice to what everyone prefers.

All builds, bootloaders & tutorials for ViX can be found over on http://openvix.co.uk

ashish_tak
17-10-13, 18:12
trouble is i don't see any bootload hjilr for gbquad there, images are available however.

Anyway, I'm home now and I've found the VirtualZap Plugin and by changing the setting in there, it's working now to fit the size of the TV screen. Thanks for pointer.

judge
17-10-13, 18:31
Shouldn't need a bootloader update so, but I'll let someone else confirm that...

If it helps, this is how the History Zap looks by default on the ViX image, build 753.

ashish_tak
17-10-13, 18:41
Thanks Judge. It's working now fine.