PDA

View Full Version : Build 753

msuk
17-10-13, 15:51
Hi there,

Looking at the changelog for Build 753 - what is

[AutoRes] add new feature still in tests. to enable turn it on in A/V Settings.

and what does it do?

Thanks
Msuk

DaMacFunkin
17-10-13, 17:02
It enables people with expensive scalers or tvs that are really good at scaling to handle the picture processing, so for example instead of the box scanning and scaling a 576 line image to 1080p, auto res will output 576 and let the lumagen or whatever to process the picture, only problem is if you are outputting 576 or another smaller size it can cause problems trying to browse through your menus :(

msuk
17-10-13, 17:06
Ah ok, this is the auto resolution plugin right that had to be installed separately?

DaMacFunkin
17-10-13, 17:12
Yes I'd stay away unless you know what your doing, or they is the bugs.

msuk
17-10-13, 20:07
tried using it and all my colours went funny. Had to reset the option and reboot the box :(

Doreblade
17-10-13, 20:34
Interestingly I was suffering from that FTA channel ghosting problem mentioned in another thread and was playing with the AV settings - turning this option on seems to have cured my ghosting problem......

Haven't noticed any other issues and have been playing with the box for half the day.

Rob van der Does
17-10-13, 21:06
Ah ok, this is the auto resolution plugin right that had to be installed separately?
Not exactly: this feature tries to match the resolution of the videocontent with the output of the box (res in = res out).

In the autoresolution plugin can be set in detail what output resolution you want for a specific contents resolution.

msuk
17-10-13, 21:08
Hi,

I tried it out and it messed up all the colours. I had to reboot and switch the option off.

DaMacFunkin
18-10-13, 12:40
Funny you mention the ghosting prob on 753, I noticed on my nano box (26") but it wasn't noticeable on my solo2 (50").

DaMacFunkin
18-10-13, 20:48
Finally got round to catching emmer dale and corrie on ITV HD on my 50" VT50 on vix 753 and I don't like what is happening with the picture, I've tried it with match res or whatever it's called on and off and it's producing unnatural motion, is there any way of going back to the original processing?
I'm not looking forward to the footy tomorrow.

msuk
18-10-13, 20:53
Hi,

I also have the Panasonic VT50 and experienced the same. Switch the option off and make sure you save it. Then from the menu do a restart of the solo2 and picture should be back to natural colours.

DaMacFunkin
18-10-13, 21:06
Yes but I'm still getting the 60hz machine gunning..., apparently they are on with a fix.