PDA

View Full Version : Remotestreamconverter

DaMacFunkin
17-10-13, 12:35
Is there a tutorial for remotestreamchannelconverter? I have installed this on my nano oe because I would like to be able to access tuner b (mortorised) on my solo2, I have converted the bouquets I would like to access but when I try to tune them I just get a black screen followed after a while by service pat error... Do I need to install or configure something server side (solo2) as well?
Thanks
Ps obviously my solo2 is in normal standby and not recording anything whilst I am attempting this.

duoduo
17-10-13, 13:05
does this help?

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?29817-Remote-stream-convert-help&highlight=remote+stream+converter

DaMacFunkin
17-10-13, 15:48
I've read that and I will certainly try uninstalling it when I get home.

DaMacFunkin
17-10-13, 17:04
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but I still get black picture then timeout, there must be something that needs setting on the solo2.....?

Rob van der Does
18-10-13, 06:57
Not sure what goes wrong in your case. I use the plugin on all my boxes and never had one single issue.

BTW: There's no need for the server-box to be in standby when a client-box uses a stream from it.

DaMacFunkin
18-10-13, 12:22
When I get home I am going to try streaming from the nano to the solo and see if that works, I do think the nano isn't right.

DaMacFunkin
18-10-13, 12:24
Ps what plug ins need to be running on the provider box, anything or nothing...

judge
18-10-13, 14:00
Nothing, just needs a live & spare feed.

DaMacFunkin
19-10-13, 08:15
Tried this the other way, nano to solo2 and it works fine, but not the other way, I'm going to do a clean install on the nano when I get in from work and try it again :-(

DaMacFunkin
19-10-13, 12:07
Did a clean install but no joy, one thing I have determined is that the nano does request the tuner from the solo, if I try to access a shared channel on 28.2 then turn my solo2 on, tuner c or a have turned red as if they are recording, as soon as I try a hot bird channel from the nano, tuner b (usals) on my solo2 turns red, so I know for definite the solo2 is answering the request for information, the nano just isn't transferring the information into pictures.... So frustrating.

Rob van der Does
19-10-13, 13:06
Can you view any (internet or so) streams at all on the Nano?

DaMacFunkin
19-10-13, 18:14
I can view all recordings on the solo2, if I start a recording on tuner b I can watch that as soon as it has started recording, and I've just installed ts media (just for testing, i dont watch streams) and have been able to stream you tube and news reports from that also.

DaMacFunkin
20-10-13, 20:23
I'm getting close with this, if i type the ip of my nano in a browser, i get the openwebif interface, if i type in the solo2 ip address i dont get anything, i think here is my problem, i havnt got time or patience to do a fresh install tonight, ive uninstalled webif and reinstalled it but still the same, is there something else that would block webif opening?

Rob van der Does
20-10-13, 20:46
You have enabled the WEB-IF of the Solo2? And you're using the correct port?

DaMacFunkin
20-10-13, 20:56
What is the recomended port for webif? is it 0080?

duoduo
20-10-13, 21:05
It is as standard on mine matey

DaMacFunkin
21-10-13, 12:39
Well that was certainly the problem, I had changed the webif port a few weeks ago whilst I was setting up remote access to the box (port forwarding), once I got onto it might be webif related I found on the BH website that default port is 80, and anything else will require arguments adding to a request... I did ask in this thread did anything need to be enabled on the solo2, and I did ask in the nano thread did I require anything else and was told no. Any way hours and hours down the line it works, now if only it would remember my audio stream choices for each channel, every time I zap away and zap back it goes back to default language, the solo2 remembers what language I chose, this plugin doesn't seem to.

Larry-G
21-10-13, 12:59
Well that was certainly the problem, I had changed the webif port a few weeks ago whilst I was setting up remote access to the box (port forwarding), once I got onto it might be webif related I found on the BH website that default port is 80, and anything else will require arguments adding to a request... I did ask in this thread did anything need to be enabled on the solo2, and I did ask in the nano thread did I require anything else and was told no. Any way hours and hours down the line it works, now if only it would remember my audio stream choices for each channel, every time I zap away and zap back it goes back to default language, the solo2 remembers what language I chose, this plugin doesn't seem to.

If you had said that you had changed the port then we would have known what the probelm was but unless you tell us were always going to assume you kept the default settings. So hopefully lesson learned for the future.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

DaMacFunkin
21-10-13, 18:27
It's easy to say that now but that's why I asked if it had any other dependencies, as a newbie I've tried a lot and changed a lot, fresh installed a lot, and pulled my hair out a lot, for me to know that changing my openwebif port so I could stream to my iPhone at work was going to make umpteen other plugins - with no instructions - not work is pushing it a bit, the fact is people who made out they knew stuff, told me installing the plugin on the nano was all that was required, not so.

judge
21-10-13, 19:31
the fact is people who made out they knew stuff, told me installing the plugin on the nano was all that was required, not so.

But it IS all that's required. How is anyone else supposed to know what you have changed on your box???
You were also advised to start again from scratch, if you did that, you would have had it working a lot sooner...

Tkr001
22-10-13, 05:56
There is no helping some people :confused:

Rob van der Does
22-10-13, 06:00
Not sure what you mean? You jump in this thread with this remark (or is it a question?).

Please ask your question if you need help. If it's not related to the topic in this thread, please create your own.

Larry-G
22-10-13, 08:59
It's easy to say that now but that's why I asked if it had any other dependencies, as a newbie I've tried a lot and changed a lot, fresh installed a lot, and pulled my hair out a lot, for me to know that changing my openwebif port so I could stream to my iPhone at work was going to make umpteen other plugins - with no instructions - not work is pushing it a bit, the fact is people who made out they knew stuff, told me installing the plugin on the nano was all that was required, not so.

But thats the point, The plugin works rite out of the box with NO dependencies, it was you who messed things up by changing ports for the OpenWebif, now i cant speak for the other members of the team but i never developed psychic powers as a child so unless you tell us these things we are not going to know about them and will always assume that the image is as default.

Rob van der Does
22-10-13, 09:46

Not sure what you mean? You jump in this thread with this remark (or is it a question?).

Please ask your question if you need help. If it's not related to the topic in this thread, please create your own.
I think I owe you an apology: apparently my English isn't good enough to understand what you meant.
Sorry about that.

Tkr001
22-10-13, 22:07
I think I owe you an apology: apparently my English isn't good enough to understand what you meant.
Sorry about that.
:) :) :) No problem

Rob van der Does
23-10-13, 04:40
Thanks mate :thumbsup: