PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] No sound on some channels and ghost effect (VIX 751)

icemanv3
16-10-13, 20:13
Evening All

Can confirm I also see this ghosting issue people have mentioned.

I also have lack of sound on some channels as well though. I'm using optical out to my 5.1 system, with HDMI to my tv just for picture.

I thought this might be the old driver issue so FTP'd vuplus-dvb-modules-bm750-3.1.1-4.4.3-20130731 to the appropriate /lib dir and rebooted, this doesn't seem any better I'm afraid :(

I also noticed I have no sound on BBC iplayer through the on-demand plugin

icemanv3
16-10-13, 21:12
ok so a bit of an update

There is sound there on these channels however its very, VERY quiet. If I turn my amp up to max its like it should be. This only seems to happen on channels that don't have AC3 audio? (hope this helps)

PIcturewise I have seen the other thread suggestion the pan&scan settings were not correct, mine were also blank for some reason, I have changed them to various settings now, but problem with ghosting is still there

icemanv3
16-10-13, 21:18
Further update, FIXED THE GHOST ISSUE

So I had my refresh rate set to "multi" (I have done since I got the box, never had issues with this) changed this to "50hz" and the issue is gone, hope this helps others.

IF anyone has any ideas on sound it would be appreciated

icemanv3
16-10-13, 21:24
I'll keep posting, If I set "digital DownMix" to YES then every single channel appears as if it has no audio, this would suggest something up with the PCM audio level?

Rob van der Does
16-10-13, 21:27
I'll keep posting, If I set "digital DownMix" to YES then every single channel appears as if it has no audio, this would suggest something up with the PCM audio level?
Is the volume of your box set to maximum?

icemanv3
16-10-13, 21:36
Well done Rob...

So I mapped the volume controls of my remote to my TV code, so it only controls my TV volume (which i never use) but I did this so I could standby my TV before I figured out what CEC was.

This meant I couldn't turn the box volume up, sat here for a minute thinking how to do this, went to the web interface, turned it up and bing bango bobs your uncle.

Hope the post helps some other people anyway with things to try, and hopefully fix their ghosting issue

For anyone interested I have the following set in AV Settings

Refresh Rate 50Hz
Display 4:3 as : Pillar Box
Display >16:9: Pan&Scan

icemanv3
16-10-13, 21:37
I should add, as I never use the volume setting on the box is it possible 751 adjusted the level to 0 by default as well as changed some of the display modes?

Rob van der Does
16-10-13, 22:02
There has been no adjustment to the volume level of the box.

BTW: 753 is the actual build (online available).

icemanv3
16-10-13, 22:12
Yea I saw 753 was available, didn't go up to it yet because it didn't look like it had much for my box, will update shortly, thanks for your help