PDA

View Full Version : Rf Modulator problems

dekka1974
16-10-13, 12:13
I have a technomate 800HD connected to my other TV's in my house via rf cable and hdmi in my living room. I have just bought an IPTV box and want to connect that to my other TV's aswell, so I bought an rf modulator, connect the av out on the iptv to the modulator. I have the rf in cable going to the modulator, then out of that to the technomate and out of the technomate to the TV's, but not able to find the iptv box when I do a channel search and the technomate picture is a bit fuzzy. I've tried a few different channels on the modulator with no luck. Am I being totally stupid and doing something wrong? Help please!!! Before they go on fleabay!! Thanks for reading.:confused:

abu baniaz
16-10-13, 13:28
Does modulator work on its own?Is it set to same channel as the TM?

TK4|2|1
16-10-13, 13:33
What RF channels are each modulator on? They have to be different and not adjacent. The rule is n+or-1, n+or-5 & n+or-9. Ie first modulator set to 21, modulator 2 can't be 22,26 or 30. You also have to factor in DTT mux's to your calculations.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

dekka1974
16-10-13, 15:55
Yeah, works with just the iptv, so must be a setting in the Tm

abu baniaz
16-10-13, 16:07
Yeah, works with just the iptv, so must be a setting in the Tm
You have not answered the second question I asked nor the one posed by TK4|2|1.

If both work individually, I'd deduce you are using both on the same/very similar channel. If so change one of them. Don't forget to retune your tellies.