PDA

View Full Version : Spider Box

Comfysofa
23-10-10, 19:19
I was at the local sat shop today gettting some stuff...anyway, i was chatting away and he happened to have a shelf full of spider boxes....he gave me the run down on what they could get....looked like a fair list.....is there something special that it does or can ours (VU+ Duo) get the same thing or is there something special thay they do that ours dont???

It might be a stupid question but ive been out of the sat scene for a while and im still catching up....

Tar

basilyoung
23-10-10, 19:27
the spider box, normally comes with a "gift" which essentially is a ca*d sh*re, running fom albainia ( I think), almost any linux based unit, ia also able to do this, but not discussed on this forum
as far as the spider box goes, although I have never used one, they are apparently ok units
not sure about the reliability of the "gift", but if you plan on buying one, research it first
baz

Comfysofa
23-10-10, 19:35
Ah - thanks - i was enquiring for a friend - he just wants something that can be plugged in...case closed...

Comfysofa
23-10-10, 19:35
are they linux also?? as in enigma - or something else...

basilyoung
23-10-10, 19:41
no...the spider units are not linux, and updated through the comms port, via a patch,d software, (I do not know much about these units)
baz

Comfysofa
23-10-10, 19:56
Thats enough for me - no linux!!

chris-k
26-10-10, 09:36
no...the spider units are not linux, and updated through the comms port, via a patch,d software, (I do not know much about these units)
baz

have to rectify you about the com port m8 :nono: com port is only used with recovery tool,
if something is wrong with box,
normal procedure with updates of patch softcamfiles channellists are done with a usb stick
in usb ports.
and no this is not a linux box.

paul362
26-10-10, 10:49
A quick word with our sponsor will put you right m8.

bobonthejob
26-10-10, 11:35
Have purchased a couple of the 7000HD boxes.

Updated for firmware and channel listing by USB. Pretty easy to configure. HD image is very good, SD image is good too.

Not a bad box at all...

Tyler
26-10-10, 12:55
Spiderboxes are great little boxes.
Very very easy to use and set up.
Excellent box for people who are complete beginners.
Easy to set up config files etc. All done through USB.

The gift package is quite good.

marty
26-10-10, 16:10
The gift package is quite good.

When it works, CCCAM is a bit hit and miss too.
Nice remote though :)