PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Fresh Install Query

StuBFrost
16-10-13, 09:33
I was under the impression that if I do a fresh install of VIX that it effectively erases all the flash memory and installs the version on the USB. I was also under the impression that when the system first starts after the fresh install and the settings are restored from a backup that this just restores menu settings and/or plugins.

However what I am appearing to see is leftovers from previous builds even if I do a fresh install.

For example, no matter whether I choose to restore settings or not, CCCAM 2.1.4 is always on my machine where I was always led to believe that this needed to be installed separately as the actual image does not include softcams. I only ever installed the CCCAM once over a year ago when I first got my machine and I have never had to install it again. It is always there. (By this I don't mean the softcam manager or CCINFO I mean the actual CCCAM itself).

Another example, I did a software update from version 747 to version 751 but decided to reinstall 747 from a fresh install. When I tried to play MKV files that previously worked fine on 747 before the update, after the reinstall the sound would not play at all. Once I re-updated to 751 it played them fine again.

Is this how it's supposed to be or is maybe my flash not erasing properly ?

judge
16-10-13, 10:04
The reason cccam would always be there is because you restored settings, which includes cams.

StuBFrost
16-10-13, 10:36
The reason cccam would always be there is because you restored settings, which includes cams.

Even if you say no to install plugins ?

judge
16-10-13, 10:52
Yes, as you originally installed cccam manually, not through the feeds.

StuBFrost
16-10-13, 13:39
OK I see about CCCAM but I still don't get why MKV's wouldn't play when I rolled back.

Rob van der Does
16-10-13, 17:21
Even if you say no to install plugins ?
Yes, but in a special way. Normally a softcam is being installed (via an ipk or from feeds); that way OPKG 'knows' about it's install.
The files that comprise a softcam are taken aboard of the settings backup. So if you do a settingsrestore, without a pluginrestore, all the files are there (the same as if you would have FTPed the files manually), so the cam will work. But OPKG doesn't know now about it's existence, as the cam has not been installed.