PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] Possible problem with build 751

satmanbasil
16-10-13, 01:32
Hi

Tonight I installed build 751 to my solo on booting up all seem fine went onto fta channel 28east in the pic preview screen all seem ok picture quality but on opening full screen the screen first turned black then when it came back i got what i can best describe as a ghosting effect one picture locked over another.

Tryed it on a number of both fta and encrypted channels with the same effect in the end i have reverted to build 750 and all seems ok with that, sorry i dont have a log to share with you but i hope your be able to test this out the 751 build is showing green icon right now maybe best to red flag it until somebody checks

regards

Safwaan
16-10-13, 02:03
Not sure if related however i've just updated my Venton HD1+ and its now no longer booting:

Rob van der Does
16-10-13, 07:03
Not sure if related however i've just updated my Venton HD1+ and its now no longer booting:

No was not related to OP's issue, but indeed a bug. This will be fixed in the next update.

A temporarily fix is to unzip the attached file to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/ViX

Safwaan
16-10-13, 19:34
Thanks, I ended up reflashing as the ftp sessions would only last a few seconds and the box would then reboot.

jonline
16-10-13, 19:35
Hi guys and admin
I too am getting the same ghost picture as the op has stated. attached photos. At first I got a blank screen. I navigated to a channel that uses the card i.e HD and the picture is fine. HD channels are fine.

This is on build 753 on the VU duo.

judge
16-10-13, 19:40
Have ye updated to build 753?
What have ye set in Menu -> Setup -> System -> A/V Settings -> Mode

Or can you take a screenshot of that screen & upload it.

jonline
16-10-13, 19:53
This happened after I update it to 753. Was on a much older version before. I think 749. On the main channel it is ghost effect. You can see from the screenshot when I go to to menu or even when i am selecting channels the preview picture on the right fine. As soon as i hit the exit button it goes ghost effect again.

I attached a photo

I can confirm that every HD channel is fine. Most SD channels have this issue, but not all of them. (i will attach a list of SD that are fine shortly)
Also ghost picture comes up for a split second when i change from HD channel to HD channel.

List
Sky2
Sky Livingit
Sky Living +1
Comedy Central Extra

Ok i have found the issue. Any channel that is 720x576i25 has ghost effect
The SD channels above use 544x576i25 these are fine like the HD channels that are 1920x1080i25

720 channels are messed up

judge
16-10-13, 20:02
If you set the refresh rate to multi & restart E2 does it help?
Also, it's extremely hard to see/read from photos.
Can you take proper screenshots?
Grab Tutorial (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12554-Tutorial-How-to-make-a-screenshot-dump-from-your-satellite-receiver&p=90834&viewfull=1#post90834)

rickfun
16-10-13, 20:06
Hi I have a prob with 753 had to go back 749 picture is fine on my main tv hdmi but I have a scart modulator which supply's the rest of the house but go no picture messed about with av setting dint seem to make any dif thanks

judge
16-10-13, 20:11
Hi I have a prob with 753 had to go back 749 picture is fine on my main tv hdmi but I have a scart modulator which supply's the rest of the house but go no picture messed about with av setting dint seem to make any dif thanks

Going back to an older build isn't going to help us solve the issue... atleast not whitout providing a debug log first.

jonline
16-10-13, 20:19
When I select multi refresh rate, all channels are good.

I did have it on 50hz

andyblac
16-10-13, 20:42
This happened after I update it to 753. Was on a much older version before. I think 749. On the main channel it is ghost effect. You can see from the screenshot when I go to to menu or even when i am selecting channels the preview picture on the right fine. As soon as i hit the exit button it goes ghost effect again.

I attached a photo

I can confirm that every HD channel is fine. Most SD channels have this issue, but not all of them. (i will attach a list of SD that are fine shortly)
Also ghost picture comes up for a split second when i change from HD channel to HD channel.

List
Sky2
Sky Livingit
Sky Living +1
Comedy Central Extra

Ok i have found the issue. Any channel that is 720x576i25 has ghost effect
The SD channels above use 544x576i25 these are fine like the HD channels that are 1920x1080i25

720 channels are messed up

check your 'Display 16:9 content as' and 'Display 4:3 content as' 16:9 is set incorrect and 4:3 is not set at all. think that might be your issue

satmanbasil
16-10-13, 21:41
Hi

What other ops have reported is exactly my experience preview channel looks fine but the moment you press remote to open the channel the screen turns black then the ghosting pic appears build 750 seems ok for me so will stick with it until fault has been fixed

Rob van der Does
16-10-13, 22:05
Please check if the Automatic Resolution in A/V-settings is set to 'off' and RefreshRate is set to 'multiple'.

thecaretaker
17-10-13, 00:51
(753 firmware) If you set the settings to 50hz and reboot, it is not holding them. It keeps reverting to 60hz. If set to multi, it still detects sd as 60hz. Movement like the news ticker shows jurky if set to 60hz.

This is how I have mine always set for UK TV which should be 50hz. But after a reboot, it stalls and switches to 60hz despite the settings.

Reverting to 750 and I don't have the problem.

satmanbasil
17-10-13, 01:57
Hi there

Did the update to take it to build 753 on build 750 i have refresh on multi when i updated 753 the problem was back again on multi i changed it first to 60mhz first which still gave ghosting when change to 50mhz this made the picture stable once again however i did note the screen blanking for a moment on channel zappin

pdlee
17-10-13, 06:59
I also have this problem since updating to the latest build last night.

Edit: Switching from Multi refresh rate to 50hz sorted it for me.

thecaretaker
17-10-13, 07:17
I also have this problem since updating to the latest build last night.

Edit: Switching from Multi refresh rate to 50hz sorted it for me.

Yes, it does sort it for me, until I switch off the box (deep sleep). When I switch on again, it reverts back to 60hz (it doesn't remember the settings).

dmgp
17-10-13, 10:21
I have found just restarting Enigma solves the problem, I never turn my box off and rarely use standby, it seems the splash screen is superimposed on TV picture.

andyblac
17-10-13, 10:39
guys i need logs.

pdlee
17-10-13, 13:09
guys i need logs.

Andy I've attached the log immediately after I updated the box last night. Is this what you need or have I misunderstood?

Also just noticed the thread is for the solo whereas this log is for a duo (sorry).

andyblac
17-10-13, 14:04
guys,

'multi' now works, it seemed it never worked before, when setting multi, please make your TV support 60Hz refresh rate for 720i, 720p, 1080i, 1080p.

576i/p is always 50Hz
480i/p is always 60Hz

please test these files, and report back to me.

place them in '/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/Videomode'

satmanbasil
17-10-13, 14:54
Hi Andy

OK i updated back to build 753 so got the ghosting on multi setting, installed the pluging.pyo and videohardware files and restarted enigma. on multi all seems fine now however i did try 50 & 60mhz, 60mhz still gives ghosting and strange when i tryed 50mhz bbc1 hd was ok but when i changed to bbc1 wales sd the ghosting appears but then when on another bbc1 region in sd it didnt signal level on all channels is 99% so can discount signal loss. 50mhz on some some other channels also gave the ghost did note when zapping you get a microsecond blank screen as if its switching mode .

By the way i didnt load the folder in the zip file _macosx...should i as it dont appear in the file you wanted to post these new files to, also for others who maybe trying to test are they for both solo and duo versions of vix.

if i note any other problems overnight i will report back here

judge
17-10-13, 15:17
By the way i didnt load the folder in the zip file _macosx...should i as it dont appear in the file you wanted to post these new files to, also for others who maybe trying to test are they for both solo and duo versions of vix.

No need for the _macosx folder, just ignore it.
& yes, this file is for all vix images/boxes.

andyblac
17-10-13, 18:57
Hi Andy

OK i updated back to build 753 so got the ghosting on multi setting, installed the pluging.pyo and videohardware files and restarted enigma. on multi all seems fine now however i did try 50 & 60mhz, 60mhz still gives ghosting and strange when i tryed 50mhz bbc1 hd was ok but when i changed to bbc1 wales sd the ghosting appears but then when on another bbc1 region in sd it didnt signal level on all channels is 99% so can discount signal loss. 50mhz on some some other channels also gave the ghost did note when zapping you get a microsecond blank screen as if its switching mode .

sounds like your TV does not support 1080i60 Hz

satmanbasil
17-10-13, 20:44
hi

good shout i went back to build 750 and checked 60mhz which resulted in ghosting on my Phillips tv

andyblac
17-10-13, 21:24
guy's just heads up, multi NEVER worked previously (it did nothing just set 50Hz), but this is being fixed and is still work in progress, so if your TV does NOT support 60Hz do not use the new AutoRes or Multi, set your rate to 50Hz.

asim
17-10-13, 21:26
This all started withe the inclusion of oe-alliance auto resolution plugin in av settings.
Both my solo2 and xp1000 do this. Auto resolutoin is off.
I have force 50 hz as all channels on 28.2 are 50hz but it changes to 60 after reboot or zaping from hd to sd or vice versa. Only solution at the moment is to change it to 50hz then save and when the tv switches to 50 go back in av settings and change it to multi. This way it sticks to 50 hz even with zapping from sd to hd or the other way. That is only until a reboot thats when its back to square one and you have to do this trick again.

asim
17-10-13, 21:28
Hi andy
Even if force 50 it doesnt stick to it and changes to 60 although its still showing as 50 in av settings. Se my above post for my workaround. Might be a clue to the actual problem

andyblac
17-10-13, 21:47
This all started withe the inclusion of oe-alliance auto resolution plugin in av settings.
Both my solo2 and xp1000 do this. Auto resolutoin is off.
I have force 50 hz as all channels on 28.2 are 50hz but it changes to 60 after reboot or zaping from hd to sd or vice versa. Only solution at the moment is to change it to 50hz then save and when the tv switches to 50 go back in av settings and change it to multi. This way it sticks to 50 hz even with zapping from sd to hd or the other way. That is only until a reboot thats when its back to square one and you have to do this trick again.

yes, as i said WIP, sorry next build ail be better, BTW it is not a plugin, is my own coding.

andyblac
17-10-13, 21:50
Hi andy
Even if force 50 it doesnt stick to it and changes to 60 although its still showing as 50 in av settings. Se my above post for my workaround. Might be a clue to the actual problem

yeah, sorry, working hard to fix, as i said earlier 'MULTI' has never worked, it just set to 50Hz, have spent over 6 hours testing / debugging. i will build 754 tomorrow for our team to test this wil be a 2 day test, but if you want to help me test it pm your email addy and i'll send you a link when its built.