PDA

View Full Version : Auto Deep Standby?

DaMacFunkin
15-10-13, 17:08
Hello, i'm trying to set an auto deep standby power timer but i cant get it to work, i want the machine to go into deep standby if left in normal standby for a certain amount of time, but it hasnt worked the 3 times i have attempted it, i have tried it on my Technomate nano oe and it works fine??? (vix 750)

Rob van der Does
15-10-13, 17:52
Can you post a screenshot of the settings of that powertimer?

DaMacFunkin
15-10-13, 18:07
I've currently got it set to 10 mins for testing, on the second screen on the nano, the timer has a flash of lightening at the side29445

DaMacFunkin
15-10-13, 18:08
Second screen29446

Rob van der Does
15-10-13, 18:27
And then you put the box in standby and after 10 mins nothing happens?

OK, we'll need the debuglogs then.
Activate debuglogs, restart box, set the powertimer and go to standby again. After some 15 mins grab the log and post it please.

DaMacFunkin
15-10-13, 19:04
Ok will do after this timer recording has stopped, will the debug log be in the root?

Rob van der Does
15-10-13, 19:26
home/root/logs
or
hdd/logs
or
USB/logs

DaMacFunkin
15-10-13, 20:05
Sorry this has taken so long, have been trying to upload the log from the ipad :-(

Rob van der Does
15-10-13, 21:19
It's quite difficult to follow your log, as there is an enormous amount of (auto)timer activity.
First of all: please go to the powertimer and press 'Info': a log should show.

But to sort this issue it would be good to create a clean test environment: i.e. delete all timers and autotimers (you can backup the files first, so they can easily be reinstalled later).
The do the test as described earlier. Make sure no activity is there during the standby-time (also not via the network).

DaMacFunkin
16-10-13, 09:33
Right can't do this at the moment I'm at work do you mean totally unplug the network cable?
Ps don't know if this is related but my nano and solo are usually on in a morning, even though I have set standby timers for after epg update, only seems to have happened since latest vix update (750).
Pps which is the info button on vu remote it isn't labeled ?

DaMacFunkin
16-10-13, 09:34
Right can't do this at the moment I'm at work do you mean totally unplug the network cable?
Ps don't know if this is related but my nano and solo are usually on in a morning, even though I have set standby timers for after epg update, only seems to have happened since latest vix update (750).
Pps which is the info button on vu remote it isn't labeled ?

Rob van der Does
16-10-13, 09:37
No need to unplug the Ethernet cable
Please one issue per thread.
Info = EPG = Guide (not sure which one applies to the R/C you use)

DaMacFunkin
16-10-13, 12:34
Didn't know it was epg button, thanks

DaMacFunkin
16-10-13, 18:04
Hello, just done a clean install with new 753, set timer and it didn't work, here is the log.

DaMacFunkin
16-10-13, 18:08
Err scratch that, it was nearly 20 mins in but it went off, new logs attached

DaMacFunkin
17-10-13, 12:23
Just as an update, I tried to restore the settings I had backed up and they wouldn't restore ( Grrr) infact 3 of the last 5 back ups I have done won't restore, and one of the other 3 is a back up that abm doesn't update the channels properly, so I have ended up with a back up from 3 weeks ago with 753 and the timer seemed to have worked through the night (hooray)