PDA

View Full Version : how to override auto channel list updates

pspmixer
15-10-13, 11:33
how do I over ride the auto channel list updates
friend how has a vu solo 2 is missing some channels where as I know these channels work on my solo 2, id like to put a channel list on box so then it syas but does get over ridden by auto channel which is on vix images
any help will be gratefull thanks

deleted
15-10-13, 11:40
If you mean by auto channel, the auto bouquets maker and you don't want it overwriting anything, just disable it.

Rob van der Does
15-10-13, 11:48
And if you mean overriding settings that have been installed from the feeds: don't install them but use your own.
Or install them, download them to your PC using a settingseditor, uninstall them and upload them form the PC to the STB

pspmixer
15-10-13, 22:22
If you mean by auto channel, the auto bouquets maker and you don't want it overwriting anything, just disable it.
yes I mean auto bouquets hwo do I disable it

cactikid
15-10-13, 22:40
i would have thought dont run abm to update missing channels,but cant see the point in not running it as long as it is set up correctly:confused:
when i need to redo channels i run auto bouquet maker,if i dont run it they stay unworking.

Larry-G
15-10-13, 22:45
yes I mean auto bouquets hwo do I disable it

I dont mean to sound rude but dont enable it in the first place, by default ABM is deactivated and you as the user must set it up, Now i'm not near a receiver now to go through the process but if you have previously setup ABM just do the same in reverse to disable it.

A tutorial for setting ABM up can be found on www.openvix.co.uk in the tutorials and guides section.

pspmixer
16-10-13, 00:15
I dont mean to sound rude but dont enable it in the first place, by default ABM is deactivated and you as the user must set it up, Now i'm not near a receiver now to go through the process but if you have previously setup ABM just do the same in reverse to disable it.

A tutorial for setting ABM up can be found on www.openvix.co.uk in the tutorials and guides section.
I set up on mine and works fine but on friends It doesn't
couldn't find out how to do there sorry
could you tell me how to disable so then I can put different channel list on it

Larry-G
16-10-13, 00:22
In the tutorial section there is one labled ABM draft 1. Or something very similar.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk now Free ('http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10')

pspmixer
16-10-13, 00:42
In the tutorial section there is one labled ABM draft 1. Or something very similar.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk now Free ('http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10')
thanks http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Guides%20and%20Tutorials/&file=ABM%20Tutorial%20draft%201.pdf
I give it ago later on

pspmixer
16-10-13, 12:14
friend channels still not working how do I disable it then
I set to there area but some channels didn't work did rescan and then they went grey

Rob van der Does
16-10-13, 14:31
Greyed-out channels means that there is something wrong with the tuner config (or that a recording or a stream uses a tuner).

pspmixer
16-10-13, 14:45
when scan get 962 channels
can you please tell how to disable it so can see if manually putting a channel list works better

AJT
16-10-13, 15:47
when scan get 962 channels
can you please tell how to disable it so can see if manually putting a channel list works better

Remember not all channels are in a single bouquet,sports are in sport,news in news etc you have to move the channels around to make your own bouquet.
by pressing menu on remote whilst in a bouquet and you get a menu to move add to bouquet etc.

make sure the tuners are set up correct and make sure all connections are correct.
I advise you use the autobouquet as you will get all the correct channels no matter what.
open ABM press menu on remote and select area then scroll down the list to set any other prefs once done press green on remote and then green again to start ABM..if you are missing channels etc its not the plugin its the set up.if you find in a bouquet you are missing a channel press red for all channels and put it into a bouquet.
AND OR use RATS bouquets but it only does the same and need ftp to box

pspmixer
16-10-13, 16:42
so how do I disable it

Larry-G
16-10-13, 17:57
so how do I disable it

As i said it's all rite there in the tutorial i directed you to.

Menu> Setup> Service searching> Autobouquets maker> configure> schedule scan = NO.

pspmixer
16-10-13, 23:37
As i said it's all rite there in the tutorial i directed you to.

Menu> Setup> Service searching> Autobouquets maker> configure> schedule scan = NO.

friend got sorted just changed provider too granda sd and all channels worked thanks everyone who helped