PDA

View Full Version : Recorded Programes - Amend Files names or Synopsis?

techmail
15-10-13, 11:20
Hi everyone,

Had my duo2 delivered this weekend and its now all set up doing the basic watching tv and recording functions. Using the Vix image and i like it a lot.

Cant wait to get into it and see what other things i can get out of it.

Anyway my question is above. The programmes that i have recorded and are sat in hdd\movie folder...is there a way of editing either the file names or the synopsis.
When remoting into the box there about 5 files per programme. I have tried altering them but nothing changes on my box.
This is mainly for the kiddies programmes i have recorded for the little un. I want to put the episode names in them in case she asks for a certain one.

Some of them are fine as the synopsis tells you but a few others all have the same basic info.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers

Rob van der Does
15-10-13, 11:53
You can try the plugin 'MovieRetitle'(available from the feeds).

techmail
15-10-13, 12:33
Thanks for that. By feeds do you mean the plugin section in the menus? (sorry very new to this!)

Rob van der Does
15-10-13, 12:59
Yep: PluginBrowser --> Green (for downloads).

techmail
16-10-13, 08:54
Cheers Rob,
I checked this last night but could find the extension. There were loads of extensions in there but not one called MovieRetitle.
I was looking in Plugin - Extension -

Is this the right place?

Rob van der Does
16-10-13, 09:14
Hmmm, it is indeed not available.

Please FTP the attached folder to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions , restart the GUI and tell us if it works.

techmail
16-10-13, 12:42
Many thanks. Will give it a go.

Cheers..

Rob van der Does
16-10-13, 14:40
And if it doesn't work, I know why it isn't on our feeds anymore .....

Rob van der Does
22-10-13, 15:49
Many thanks. Will give it a go.
And did you?

But I just found out that rename is a default option in ViX (so that would be the reason for the plugin not to be on the feeds then).
Open the movielist, select a recording, press menu and go to 'rename'.

techmail
25-10-13, 17:24
Hi. Sorry I never got round to trying it, not had any spare time yet.
Didn't realise there was a sub menu in there. That is superb. It allows you to do loads.
Cheers for the information.