PDA

View Full Version : [XP1000] DCC problem

nshj
15-10-13, 00:45
I am getting login incorrect telnet and FTP disconnected and I cant do it with Filezilla either, any ideas I have tried all passwords I can think of and no password. Using Vix image latest.

Mr. Mister
15-10-13, 01:07
What box you using.. ??

What image build you using.. ??

I know of no way to get your password if that is wrong..

But a fresh flash will sort all out.. I dont think that a back up can be used.. as that will also put your password back in again..

Sicilian
15-10-13, 04:50
Just use root as username and leave password empty.

dmgp
15-10-13, 09:00
That is exactly what he says he has done,, he tried no password, and with or without gets the same result. The thread is headed XP100 and he states using latest VIX image.

Burnham
15-10-13, 14:07
I don't know the XP100, but I assume it is a standard enigma2 box. There are two possibilities with an unknown password.

- do a factory reset - this should clear out everything from the box, and reset the pass to nothing or dreambox - if you do this you have to start again from scratch, loading an image then all your channels & settings.

- if you have samba running on your ViX implementation you might be able to access the box files through a Windows network. If so then it is possible to rest the password in the passwd file - if the OP posts again to say this is possible I will give more detals.

Loading a fresh image does not solve the problem as the password file is not changed by design.

Larry-G
15-10-13, 15:52
Loading a fresh image does not solve the problem as the password file is not changed by design.

Loading a fresh " virgin " image and not a backup will clear the password as its a full fresh start

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk now Free ('http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10')

Burnham
16-10-13, 15:13
[QUOTE=pheonix;242629]Loading a fresh " virgin " image and not a backup will clear the password as its a full fresh start

That is not my experience. I have done this many times ViX to ViX, ViX to VTi, VTi to ViX on the Duo and it never changes the root password.

Same with all the other enigma boxes I have used.

nshj
16-10-13, 15:25
Thanks for all input I did a factory reset and re-flashed the receiver, and got enigma 2 not recognised until I put in a new password. All sorted till next question !
Thanks again.

Larry-G
16-10-13, 15:37
[QUOTE=pheonix;242629]Loading a fresh " virgin " image and not a backup will clear the password as its a full fresh start

That is not my experience. I have done this many times ViX to ViX, ViX to VTi, VTi to ViX on the Duo and it never changes the root password.

Same with all the other enigma boxes I have used.

Well I have flashed my boxes easily 3000 times in the last 3 years and a full clean reflash always resets any passwords previously setup.

A factory reset on the other hand simply erases the user area of the image returning it back to its just flashed state. All plugins etc are left in the image even after a factory reset.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
16-10-13, 17:15
As a flash clears the complete flash (apart from the bootlogo) and then loads the new image, there's no way that an old password can survive a flash.

Burnham
18-10-13, 23:21
This is a very interesting discussion.

To learn more can you tell me where the password is stored. Is there a specific file that it is stored in. The next time I do a full reflash I will check to see what happens to the file /files that stores the password.

MrDrock
29-03-16, 19:12
Hi

How do u do a factory reset ?