PDA

View Full Version : New to all of this, forgive me if I sound a bit thick!

Lumpydog
14-10-13, 20:12
Hi all, I did quite a bit of research before buying a Technomate TM-2T (hence the post in here, lol!). Been 'lurking' about in the background and gleaned help from this forum (thanks guys :D) in getting it set up and working. One thing does puzzle me, however, is when the box is put into standby (I have set it to go into standby at 0200 hrs, in case someone forgets to do it themselves) I can't get it to start up the next morning. I cannot get it to come out of sleep using the remote and today I had to use the switch on the back and reboot the box to get it working again. IS this 'deep standby'? If so, how do I get the box to come back on?

Am I missing a trick here? I checked to make sure the remote was on 'STB' and not 'TV'. But the only thing that I can see happening is the little red power light flashing on and off.

Larry-G
14-10-13, 20:17
It should come back out of deepstandby by pressing the STB power button on the remote, What image are you using ?, if ViX also include the build number.

Lumpydog
14-10-13, 20:23
It is Vix, but how do I find the build number? I would say it's the latest as I have only had the box a week :confused:

Larry-G
14-10-13, 20:25
Menu> Information> about.

Lumpydog
14-10-13, 20:28
Version 3.0 build 750. Is that it?

Larry-G
14-10-13, 20:53
yes thats it, so your running on the latest image build.

Try putting it manually into deepstandby ( shutdown ) via the menu and see if it wakes with the remote control that way.

Lumpydog
14-10-13, 20:55
Daren't do it yet, the missus is watching TV :( Will try it later tho'. Pressing 'STB' button, yeah?

judge
14-10-13, 21:06
Daren't do it yet, the missus is watching TV :( Will try it later tho'. Pressing 'STB' button, yeah?

No, long press power button.

Jigsy99
15-10-13, 10:26
Sorry to jump on this thread but my wife has been complaining of a similar issue. She's been telling me the box isn't coming on and at first I thought it was just her being daft. The only way to resolve the issue is to power of the unit at the back and then it starts to work again. I'm going to look into it further when I get home and post back if I have any trouble.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk now Free ('http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10')

Lumpydog
16-10-13, 20:10
Mine seems to have settled down now. I've had no more issues since my original post :p

Larry-G
16-10-13, 20:22
Mine seems to have settled down now. I've had no more issues since my original post :p

Many thanks for keeping us informed and i'm very happy your issue seems to be resolved.