PDA

View Full Version : *********** or **********.com

Crunchie
13-10-13, 20:49
RIPPED OFF by ***********
This is serious - I need some advice

My mates dad asked me to get him a VU DUO as he likes the 3pm matches from R O I -
my mate has a tm800 (which he has just upgraded to a Vu+ Uno) and his dad liked what it could do but wanted something more sturdy shall we say.

So i ordered him up a VU DUO from ***********

Serial no. is C0812800559

Everything went OK for 9 months old at the time i thought great its under warranty, no problem, I will send it back for repair or exchange.

So i contacted *********** and sent it back,

They responded with this email,

Hi,

here is the comm's i have received from my technician.

Speak soon

Paul

Image: http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/18/e4eryqub.jpg

And here's the return, I haven't touched anything but noticed on examination

Image: http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/18/abuzy3en.jpg

As you can see, the parts that have been soldered in are incorrect and would damage the unit further.
Understandably i called them up to clarify what this meant ?
and the they imply somebody has removed those parts and thus voided any warranty and ability to repair it ?

I of course vehemently and rightly deny this - Why would i attempt to repair something that's under warranty, that illogical and without reason -not to mention i wouldn't have a frigging clue where to start.

So there it is make of it what you will -

From where i stand i was supplied sub standard already tampered with and possibly second hand or clone type goods that were obviously unfit for purpose had i known where to look in the first place !

So in the spirit of wisdom on the internet you can now compare your units when they arrive by looking at the pictures contained herein !

What shall I do next?

Thanks

Mr. Mister
13-10-13, 20:56
Answer to that is very simple..

Next time buy your satellite receivers from a reputable dealer..

www.world-of-satellite.co.uk

pac2000
13-10-13, 22:04
Yeah I Could Of Got A Vu+ Duo Clone For £200, But Choose To Pay An Extra £100 From WOS... It's Just Not Worth It For An Expensive Unit... You Can Also Damage Connected Equipment, Such As TV/Amplifier...

cactikid
13-10-13, 22:19
was he selling both boxes,i now know better.:thumbsup:

judge
13-10-13, 22:36
Was it sold to you as an original box? are you now sure it's a clone?
If so, trading standards...

TK4|2|1
14-10-13, 08:25
Did you make this post on ***************** forum also? If so, you were told its a factory VU modification, all duo's are shipped like photo 2 now.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

Rob van der Does
14-10-13, 17:05
The same post has been made on many forums .....