PDA

View Full Version : Sly white card activation?

keith0509
23-10-10, 14:00
Hi folks,
I have a m8 who has bought a sly white card from fleabay. He only wants to use it for the free sat channels.
He is using Cccam 2.14 and has inserted it, it shows up as sly 28e NDS card but still is not decoding the channels (Ch 4 HD etc).
As it was bought from fleabay he does not have the original sly box serial number, is there a way of getting this or will it update his entitlements eventually. Or am I missing something ?

Larry-G
23-10-10, 14:01
it will have to be paired to a original sky box first.

keith0509
23-10-10, 15:52
it will have to be paired to a original sky box first.

That's what I thought but unfortunately he can't contact the seller, so it looks like he has a card that is only an ice-scraper.

jrbmw
23-10-10, 16:12
Sky are issuing new cards for the freesat channels, mine has stopped working on the hd and five channels .......£25 for a new one

Larry-G
23-10-10, 16:53
That's what I thought but unfortunately he can't contact the seller, so it looks like he has a card that is only an ice-scraper.

never buy from ebay as already stated you can buy a FTA card from sky them selves for £25 this gives you access to all the FTA / FTV channels.

keith0509
23-10-10, 17:17
Will break the bad news to him later.

Stanman
23-10-10, 17:35
you could pair it with a box have it activated and repair the orginal?

It is the new white card?

silverfox0786
23-10-10, 17:52
you could pair it with a box have it activated and repair the orginal?

yeah mate try that plug card in to any sly box plug in the modem and press services 0 1 select for secret menu then go to first time install hope fully but no garuntee it will reinitialise the card and pair it to the new box

this technic is usually used for pay cards from sly when your box breaks and you buy a new one then this is a pairing option rather than calling them

Larry-G
23-10-10, 19:04
thats kinda the point as he said his mate has no access to a sky box.

dfdream
23-10-10, 19:32
There is no easy way with this one...

basilyoung
23-10-10, 19:52
one thing to try, is to leave the card in the reciever over night, on a soft encrypted channel, perhaps C4 or C5

if the card has been unused for some time, it would have lost all entitlements, I do no, that a non paired card will work, but hi end channels will not work, with out a correctly configged cccam file

baz

silverfox0786
23-10-10, 22:52
ah i see. could he not borrow a digibox cause as far as i am awware if a new card is registered to a box then the previous card does not get demarried it stays with the box just means 2 cards work on same box

Larry-G
24-10-10, 10:55
thats wrong. once a card is paired to a box it unpairs the previous card.

silverfox0786
24-10-10, 11:27
thats wrong. once a card is paired to a box it unpairs the previous card.

thanks for the info n that phoenix never really experienced the deregistering of a card before myself so was quoting my personal exerience