PDA

View Full Version : Merge Movie Loacations

DaMacFunkin
13-10-13, 09:36
Is it possible, or will it be possible to have 2 Movie locations merged into one file, i have 2 boxes and the mrs can't get the hang of changing location depending on which machine the file is recorded if i could edit a file that shows movie file location as hdd/movie + 192.xxx.x.x/hdd/movie that would be really cool.

Rob van der Does
13-10-13, 09:43
Two options:
1- Make a shortcut in the movielist (to the movie-folder of the other box);
2- Let both boxes record on the same location (i.e. box 2 records to the HDD of box 1 (or a NAS or any other shared storage location)). That also saves you an HDD.

DaMacFunkin
13-10-13, 09:52
So that's a no then.
Should be simple to implement for the developers, c'mon guys give it a go.

judge
13-10-13, 09:54
??? Rob has just given you 2 options.

Rob van der Does
13-10-13, 10:05
So that's a no then.
Euuhhhh??? That's a yes!

Should be simple to implement for the developers, c'mon guys give it a go.
No way: how could we make 'fixed' settings for all users?
You have bought yourself a very flexible system; please yourself (and your wife) to make use of that.

DaMacFunkin
14-10-13, 19:26
??? Rob has just given you 2 options.
Mm rob didn't get the gist of the original post, I'm quite capable of navigating to a network folder, but the mrs, now that's a different thing, i don't see what the problem would be to have primary movie folder = xyz, media folder = zyx, show movie and media merged in list = yes
Yes the system is reasonably flexible in some ways, but it's a tad frustrating in some, virtually every software player you can think of will give you a 'all' function.

Rob van der Does
14-10-13, 21:18
Why don't you make your settings that way, using option 2 I gave you?

judge
15-10-13, 00:22
Mm rob didn't get the gist of the original post...
I think he did, maybe you didn't get the gist of his solutions?

As well as saving recordings on both boxes to a single HDD, you could also use symlinks or learn to use bookmarks on the box.
Setting up recordings to display on either or multiple boxes if you want to use seperate HDDs could be as easy as browsing:
/mnt/hdd/movie/sittingroom
/mnt/hdd/movie/kitchen
/mnt/hdd/movie/bedroom
and so on...

As /hdd/movie/ is the default location for recordings, it woud be easy to set up other symlinks to other rooms/boxes.