PDA

View Full Version : HbbTV

skippie
12-10-13, 20:38
Why is there no HbbTV plugin available in the list for quad? It is available for VU receivers. Why is this?

I had a working HbbTV in another image before.

Sent from my V972 Core4 using Tapatalk HD

Rob van der Does
12-10-13, 21:11
VU+ has provided an HbbTV plugin; GigaBlue did not as far as I'm aware.

skippie
12-10-13, 21:28
it's working in openmips

rossi2000
12-10-13, 22:19
the files you need are here:-

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?25817-Source-for-Opera-ipk-(HBBTV-plugin)

skippie
12-10-13, 22:40
the files you need are here:-

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?25817-Source-for-Opera-ipk-(HBBTV-plugin)

thnx :)

still don't understand why it's not in the download list.

Larry-G
12-10-13, 23:07
Because Vu+ have entered into a licence agreement with opera so we cant use it on any other manufacturer until they provide us with their own version as xtrend did.. or thats how i understand it at least.

Rob van der Does
13-10-13, 06:44
OK, so my question is:
Does GB officially support HbbTV? If so, where do I find information about that?

When I search for 'HbbTV' on their forum I get no results.

As stated several times: we do need support from the manufacturer for this (an ipk or sources to build from). We can't just embed a functionality from an other manufacturer, as these plugins are build under strict licences (and we always do our best to obey any license). Remember that manufacturers are paying for those licences.

So please: don't complain, but show us the way.

Rob van der Does
13-10-13, 07:14
I've just been reading on the 'team red' support forum, and there is indeed no HbbTV plugin available.

Larry-G
13-10-13, 07:30
I've just been reading on the 'team red' support forum, and there is indeed no HbbTV plugin available.

Thanks for that rob, so we cant legally use this unofficial version as it contravenes Vu's licence agreement with opera.

Rob van der Does
13-10-13, 07:57
The version that is linked above was a beta-version. Reading some more on the Team Red forum it seems that they have been experimenting with HbbTV but have now withdrawn all add-ons.

seame
13-10-13, 08:47
Gigablue don't officially support hbbtv but I've had it installed on my quad for some time now. As there is no hbbtv in the UK I've haven't used it much but I can remember it working on either a French or German channel.

Rob van der Does
13-10-13, 09:01
Gigablue don't officially support hbbtv ..
That's indeed my impression after some reading on the German forum. And the very reason we don't have any HbbTV-plugin for the box.

As soon as Gigablue provides an HbbTV-package we'll do our best to support that for ViX as well.

skippie
13-10-13, 10:44
thnx for the clarification and i wasn't complaining at all, it just seemed to be strange that there wasn't a plugin in the list for quad receivers as i knew i had a working version when i tried openmips.

So you can call it ignorance about all the licenses, we users know nothing about, rather than complaining.

Larry-G
13-10-13, 11:03
thnx for the clarification and i wasn't complaining at all, it just seemed to be strange that there wasn't a plugin in the list for quad receivers as i knew i had a working version when i tried openmips.

So you can call it ignorance about all the licenses, we users know nothing about, rather than complaining.

No were not accusing you of complaining but due to the number of manufacturers we support we have to be careful what goes into the feeds for each, especially where licence restrictions may come into play. This is also the exact same reason why we dont carry the mytube plugin in our feeds.

Rob van der Does
13-10-13, 11:06
Anyway: I don't read the GB-forums on a regular basis, so if you would at any time have updated information about the availability of an HbbTV-plugin, please don't hesitate to inform us.

skippie
13-10-13, 11:40
well i just installed both files from above and didn't work at first, reinstalled opera a second time and it works perfectly now.
Watching uitzending gemist on Nederland 3.

Works perfectly on German channels also.
I keep testing.

skippie
13-10-13, 12:09
Probleem bij default skin :

HbbTV werkt op duitse ARD, doch wanneer ik de plugin nadien wil opstarten op Ned1 gebeurt er niets en reageert de quad niet meer via de afstandsbediening. Ik herstart de Gui via mijn tablet.

Dit probleem herhaalt zich.

Doch met skin Magic-HD is er géén probleem, raar maar waar.

Larry-G
13-10-13, 12:11
well i just installed both files from above and didn't work at first, reinstalled opera a second time and it works perfectly now.
Watching uitzending gemist on Nederland 3.

Works perfectly on German channels also.
I keep testing.

Thats great for you but until Gigablue provide us with a HbbTv plugin there is nothing we can do to offer support for it as our hands are bound by licence terms.

skippie
13-10-13, 12:54
whoops, sorry for the dutch....

I understand ;)

juanca2000
20-11-13, 22:24
Hello all,
I have an issue with HbbTV. It has been working for a couple of days. Today for some reason it is not working anymore. The HbbTV logo on the channel screen is not lighting anymore as it was before. Like there was not HbbTV signal with the channel anymore. I have tried with different countries channel. My guess is that I probably changed something somewhere to disable it but i have no idea what.

Does one of you know how to it activate back? The plugin is still there and I have used it successfuly but it seems that Vu+ solo2 is not recongnising any HbbTV signal anymore.
Thanks a lot for your help

Trial
21-11-13, 09:23
Hi,
I tested with #790 on Duo2 with ORF 1 HD and it worked. Try some German channels like ZDF or Das Erste they have HbbTV for sure.

ciao