PDA

View Full Version : picons not working?

beezo
23-10-10, 11:13
hi guys,

i download some picons from this forum and stuck them on a USB in a folder called picons. ive put the USB in the box and told the box that the picons are to be found on a USB via the skin settings menu. It toldme i need to restart GUI, did that but i do not se the picons on the info bar when changing channels

im running the new vix image

any help would be much appreciated, thanx

Stanman
23-10-10, 11:31
Folder name is picon without the S. Also stick needs to be formatted FAT32

bassethound
23-10-10, 11:32
Look at this thread beezo you should find your answers

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?3007-VIX-Image-picons

beezo
23-10-10, 11:50
thanx for the replies guys,

i have followed the guide above but with no luck. i still cannot see the picons...........

do i have to a particular skin installed for this to work??? what else should i try??

P.S i have telenet into vu+ and i can see the picon folder with all the picons in it but still i dont see the picons on the info bar

mmcmedia
23-10-10, 12:17
u sure u named it picon

you also need to telnet this command

ln -s /media/sdb1/picon /usr/share/enigma2

then restart try that

beezo
23-10-10, 15:03
yes mate, they in a folder called picon

what do you mean by ''you also need to telnet this command

ln -s /media/sdb1/picon /usr/share/enigma2''

underzone
23-10-10, 15:19
Have you checked to see that your satellites.xml that points to 28.2 and not 28.4. You can check in your channel list by pressing green for satellites.

mmcmedia
23-10-10, 15:24
you need to click start then run then in the box type telnet then it will open a box like ms dos
you then need to find ip adress of ya box the in the telnet box

o then your ip address
so
0 192.168.2.1 (as an example)

then login - root
password - just press enter

then

then restart box , once restarted if you then ftp into your box to this folder /media/sdb1/picon/ you should now see all your picons and should aslo be recognised , if your telnet command dont work in the run box let us know what op sys u on

beezo
23-10-10, 15:25
i read that i could generate my own satellites.xml so i didnt have the 28.4 problem, so i did this and telnet'ed it to the box. i rescanned and all the channels working fine but still no picons. pressed green button on channel listing and it shows up as 28.2E

beezo
23-10-10, 15:32
you need to click start then run then in the box type telnet then it will open a box like ms dos
you then need to find ip adress of ya box the in the telnet box

o then your ip address
so
0 192.168.2.1 (as an example)

then login - root
password - just press enter

then

then restart box , once restarted if you then ftp into your box to this folder /media/sdb1/picon/ you should now see all your picons and should aslo be recognised , if your telnet command dont work in the run box let us know what op sys u on

thanx mate, ive tried that and it did nothing. i typed in root, it then asked for password. pressed enter, it then asked for login again. so this time i typed in root, then typed in my password, i then typed in the command and it said that the file does not exist. im running xp. any ideas and thanx for your help with this

beezo
24-10-10, 12:53
can anyone offer me some advice please

Sicilian
24-10-10, 19:09
Press Menu > Setup > VIX menu > Skin settings, is picon location set to USB?

beezo
24-10-10, 19:28
Press Menu > Setup > VIX menu > Skin settings, is picon location set to USB?

thanx for the reply

yes, picon location set to usb

Tyler
25-10-10, 00:54
Mate, I have the very same problem.
Grtmoby and bassethound tried to help me but I gave up after full week of trying.
The funny thing is grtmoby sent me astra 13 also any this worked perfectly.
I can't understand why 13 works perfect and 28 won't.
Also if I change from one sat to another picons that were in astra 13 disappear.
Twilight zone. Lol.

Tyler
25-10-10, 00:59
Andy and Sic, would it be possible to add the picons as a plugin or something on the next Vix image.
That would be great for plebe's like me. Lol

tagteam3283
25-10-10, 15:55
tried this on a SOlo and cant find the /media/sdb1 folder after reboot.
will this only work for Duo

mmcmedia
27-10-10, 15:43
thanx mate, ive tried that and it did nothing. i typed in root, it then asked for password. pressed enter, it then asked for login again. so this time i typed in root, then typed in my password, i then typed in the command and it said that the file does not exist. im running xp. any ideas and thanx for your help with this

did u sort this out m8 ?? please let me know either way

raedkuwait
27-10-10, 19:19
hi,
ftp to your box, click on media folder, then type here the folders under the media folder or take a pic of them