PDA

View Full Version : Powerline homeplug problems ?

bwelton
12-10-13, 06:10
I have two receivers Duos2 and Solo2.

One receiver is connected via WiFi bridge and the other by the following homeplug.

TP-Link PA411KIT AV500 500 Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack http://amazon.co.uk/dp/B0084Y9N3O

The one with the homeplug experiences periodic picture freezing. The Wifi bridge that is also further away is rock solid.

Has anybody else had problems with Homeplugs ?
Can anybody recommend any other models ?
Or any other suggestions. .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

paul362
12-10-13, 08:57
Mine went down so i replaced the cap as shown in piccy and all is well again. 29365 you will have to de-solder were the 2 yellow boxes are to lift the board out.

bwelton
12-10-13, 09:22
The Powerline Homeplugs are brand new and I have four of them, none of the, produce a freeze free picture.

I'm not sure if some brands are better than others.

hifial
13-10-13, 07:51
The performance of home plugs depend on you mains wiring in the walls also some appliances dirty the mains eg a fridge kicking on etc can drop the signal for a second

dfdream
13-10-13, 08:54
When you say freeze does the picture freeze permanently or just for a second.
If its permanent how do you correct it.

The reason I ask is that I set up 2 boxes for a friend and they are connected to each other in his house with powerplugs.
He txt me the other day to say that the box with the card is fine but the other box connected with the power plugs freezes and from what I can see that he has to change channel to get it to un-freeze.
Is this what you have ?
He is using Devolo dLAN 500

Mine went down so i replaced the cap as shown in piccy and all is well again. 29365 you will have to de-solder were the 2 yellow boxes are to lift the board out.

bwelton
13-10-13, 09:58
The freeze is as if the ECM has delayed to the Receiver on the Powerline adapters.

The other Reciever connected via a Tenda WiFi bridge is fine. If I swap the agenda over and the Powerline adapters, the problem swaps over.

Johev
17-10-13, 15:38
At my fathers place he has 3 powerline adaptors, one of them is connected to his VU+ Solo2, and issue whatsoever. The brand that he uses is a bit expensive "Devolo" but had great reviews. He still has the 200Mbs plugs, which are more than enough for his needs.

Hope this helped.

bwelton
18-10-13, 20:14
Thanks, I still have probelms with mine, but am really not sure why. I dont know if it is the make/model that is flawed or perhaps noise on the mains circuit.

BrianFWombat
18-10-13, 21:13
Powerline homeplugs don't work in our house at all unless they are on the same RING. The MCBs in the fuse box completely decimate the throughput.

PS
Older (slower) homeplugs work better.... it's all about frequencies and attenuation. If you have old fashioned wired fused then you might get much better performance?

Drogs_1
27-10-13, 16:39
I had two TP Powerplugs working fine with no issues. THen I decided to use another set of the same to connect another box. That is when all the problems started. For some reason when I connected the VU+ box it cut off connection between that particular plug. All I had left on was the power light. I could test with a laptop and no issue but just something with these TP plugs and having either 3 or 4 connected with the boxes caused an issue. I am planning on trying a different brand to run along with two of the TP ones.

keeling54
30-10-13, 23:41
I have the same set and suffered the same problem. I managed to solve it by connecting each plug in turn directly to my laptop and resetting them to the factory settings. Not had a problem since.

bwelton
05-11-13, 08:09
Thx.

I also tried the Reset of each plug via the laptop utility. Unfortunately I am still getting the periodic drop out.