PDA

View Full Version : [TM-2T] Clock can't keep time when in standby

flatlettuce
11-10-13, 21:00
Odd one this - I'm running build 739 on my TM-2T, and for some odd reason the clock cannot keep time when the box is in standby. When left on standby the clock gains about 15 minutes per day - of course as soon as the box comes out of standby it picks up transponder time and gets back on the straight and narrow, but when on standby the clock runs fast.

I don't recall this problem with earlier images (I used to run 683), but with both the latest OpenVIX and the latest 4D (had to see if it was any better...) the clock runs fast. Might it be related to the new TM drivers perhaps?

PS, tried setting the default channel to one with a known decent time signal (Das Erste) after a brief search on some forums - this doesn't change anything.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

judge
11-10-13, 21:03
I don't think it will help but first thing i'd do is update to build 750.

abu baniaz
11-10-13, 21:06
When you say latest image, which number are you implying please?

Fixed drivers were in 741 if I remember correctly.

flatlettuce
11-10-13, 21:09
Thought the new drivers came in at 734, but will give 750 a go and see if that helps.

flatlettuce
18-10-13, 19:51
Hmm, did a ground-up install to 750 and no change. Very odd, is anyone else having a similar issue?

TK4|2|1
18-10-13, 19:57
Hmm, did a ground-up install to 750 and no change. Very odd, is anyone else having a similar issue?

Nope

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

flatlettuce
30-10-13, 23:01
Gave up trying to fix in other ways, so instead I've opkg'd ntp and ntp-bin and am running the clock from that using an internet ntp pool server. Seems to work, I have it updating every 30 mins and so far so good. Of course at some point I'll have to move to build 760 or beyond, which means I'll probably have to set it up again but not a huge ask.