View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Feeds down problem when downloading plugins

Burnham
11-10-13, 14:51
I had the Feeds down problem before, but that thread got a bit complicated, so I am posting a fresh thread here.

I have been using a non-ViX image for a few weeks, but loaded a fresh install of OpenViX build748 two days ago. All was ok at first, but today I got the "feeds down" problem. From all the helpful advice I was given last time I know that the cause is that the wget file is changed to -wget. With current ViX there is no separate file called wget, but a symlink in /usr/bin that points to /usr/busybox. I solved the problem by deleting the -wget-> /usr/busybox symlink and creating a new wget-> /usr/busybox symlink.

Immediately after making this symlink change I can download plugins as normal.

The reason for making this post again is to see if there is anything I can do to make the fix permanent (the old post suggests that wget will be changed to -wget again). Apparently the cause could be the aidra virus, which is likely to be in the router. I have followed the advice I was given before and rebooted the router, and changed passwords, yet still got this problem two days after a fresh ViX image load. Any Advice?

here is the old thread with more detail on this subject - http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?27477

Larry-G
11-10-13, 15:40
are you forwarding any ports ?. I know this does not help but i have 8 Enigma2 receivers in operation with ViX and have never once had this issue, and i never forward any ports.

robti
12-10-13, 12:33
I think you will need to flash your router to overwrite it to make sure that it is clean, i just did mine and did a clean flash of the router with a new password no ports forward then did the sat box next with a new password then i set my port forwarding up

Burnham
12-10-13, 14:34
I had ports open, but have just closed them two days ago following the problem. It is baffling that I had some ports open for many months with the old v2.3 ViX and had no problems.

robti - Thanks for your advice. I agree, probably the only 100% certain way to solve the problem.

Larry-G
12-10-13, 14:41
ViX 2.3 and ViX 3.0 are very different images and have different update methods so no point comparing the two. as I said before ViX uses a online update method that is different to a lot of other images and seems to hold a vulnerability to this virus if you don't secure the image properly.