PDA

View Full Version : Bt openreach master socket

seame
10-10-13, 19:21
Anyone know if these can be bought locally or do I need to order from BT?

TK4|2|1
10-10-13, 19:25
Might I ask why you need 1?
Reason I ask is, BT master socket, in theory, Is the property of BT. If it's broke they should fix.
If it's just a master socket you need, not necessarily a BT 1, maplins sell them.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

seame
10-10-13, 20:16
The one I have is faulty, I found this out after months of complaining to BT about there infinity package. To cut a long story short I think the guy that installed our house alarm must have damaged the socket.

BT would most likely make me wait a week before coming to fix it then charge me an arm and a leg when I could replace it myself in 10 mins.

I'll try maplins tomorrow thanks.

Stanman
10-10-13, 20:19
I bought off Ebay last year

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-Genuine-BT-Openreach-Master-Sockets-NTE5a-instructions-BRAND-NEW-/221292014563?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3386082be3

It was like this except the one I got had black open reach txt on it

seame
10-10-13, 20:29
I seen them on eBay, but after a few months of arguing with BT that there was something affecting my line, I'm like a dog with a bone and I'm determined to fix it tomorrow.

s31teg
10-10-13, 21:28
I seen them on eBay, but after a few months of arguing with BT that there was something affecting my line, I'm like a dog with a bone and I'm determined to fix it tomorrow.

have a look on ebay, search my distance, there might be someone close to you

jrbmw
13-10-13, 10:23
BT charge £90 if they come out and its deemed to be your fault.......

seame
13-10-13, 11:50
I spotted a BT engineer when I was leaving my wife to work and asked him for a face plate and he gave me one but unfortunately it didn't slove my problem. I'm going to have to get BT out and pay the £90 if needs be.

abu baniaz
13-10-13, 12:31
Was it the bottom half of the front or the whole front?
Have you got any junction boxes where the cable enters the house?

seame
13-10-13, 12:37
I replaced only the bottom part. When I had infinity installed the engineer fitted the new openreach socket over the old master socket.

abu baniaz
13-10-13, 12:39
The bottom part is the bit where extension lines are meant to be plugged in, newer ones come with filters built in. The actual master socket is the top part.