PDA

View Full Version : VIX lite

skratch
10-10-13, 13:46
Hi all
I have been using openpli just to try it out and see if it kept crashing and the results was less crashing HOWEVER i am back on vix as i missed many of its features but my question is, is there a lite build without all the features and if not where can i find packet manager plugin?

Rob van der Does
10-10-13, 13:49
I have been using openpli just to try it out and see if it kept crashing and the results was less crashing
So you say your STB with ViX is crashing (often)?
So we'd better have a look at that then? Please create threads for issues you have (and don't forget to post crashlogs and tell how to reproduce).

skratch
11-10-13, 09:57
So you say your STB with ViX is crashing (often)?
So we'd better have a look at that then? Please create threads for issues you have (and don't forget to post crashlogs and tell how to reproduce).
Hi Rob
So far no crashes since putting vix back on, i have uninstalled video enhancements and a few other plugins so far.
Plugins i have are:
CrossEPG
Auto bouquets E2
IPTV List
On Demand
Media scanner
Open webif

Where do i post the crash logs on here?

Larry-G
11-10-13, 10:01
Just post them into this thread ( using the go advanced tab, then the manage attachments tab ).

skratch
11-10-13, 10:24
Just post them into this thread ( using the go advanced tab, then the manage attachments tab ).
Hi Pheonix
Ive got 9 crash logs so far but i won't upload them i will upload the next log (if it crashes again)

Larry-G
11-10-13, 10:30
Hi Pheonix
Ive got 9 crash logs so far but i won't upload them i will upload the next log (if it crashes again)

Best thing to do is create a post as and when the receiver encounters a issue along with a brief writeup of what happened prior to that crash along with the log for reference.

Trial
11-10-13, 10:58
Hi,
you have a DUO and it seems you use CrossEPG. I think for this combination it is advisable to use a swap file because memory in DUO is not so big.

ciao

skratch
11-10-13, 11:01
Hi,
you have a DUO and it seems you use CrossEPG. I think for this combination it is advisable to use a swap file because memory in DUO is not so big.

ciao
Hi Trial
thanks for the advice i am using an external usb stick for my picons and EPG is a swap file better?

Larry-G
11-10-13, 12:03
A duo is one of the only receivers i would recommend a swap file for due to it's well documented memory issues and low ram.

skratch
11-10-13, 12:22
A duo is one of the only receivers i would recommend a swap file for due to it's well documented memory issues and low ram.
Ok i will do that should i create the swap on the usb or on my main hdd?

Rob van der Does
11-10-13, 12:25
Ok i will do that should i create the swap on the usb or on my main hdd?
HDD as that is a faster device then any USB-stick.

skratch
11-10-13, 12:50
Ok strange problem there is no option to create a swap file its just a blue button, this is not the first time this has happened.

Rob van der Does
11-10-13, 12:52
We are presently looking into the swap-issue.

skratch
11-10-13, 13:06
ah ok is there a way round it either a telnet command or a manual install?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Rob van der Does
11-10-13, 13:51
Yes, do in telnet

dd if=/dev/zero of=/media/usb2/swapfile bs=1048576 count=256; mkswap /media/usb2/swapfile; echo --- Done! Now activate SWAP!
(replace the 'usb2' by the actual mount you want to use). The use the swapmanager to activate the swap file. I'm not sure if a reboot is required.

abu baniaz
11-10-13, 14:35
Also, are you reinstalling Crossepg and webif or using the ones in the image?

skratch
11-10-13, 14:48
Also, are you reinstalling Crossepg and webif or using the ones in the image?

Hi Abu
i have not touched crossepg or webif.

skratch
11-10-13, 19:47
Yes, do in telnet

dd if=/dev/zero of=/media/usb2/swapfile bs=1048576 count=256; mkswap /media/usb2/swapfile; echo --- Done! Now activate SWAP!
(replace the 'usb2' by the actual mount you want to use). The use the swapmanager to activate the swap file. I'm not sure if a reboot is required.
Ok i have followed your instructions and it creates the swapfile on the hdd but it will not let me activate it.

Rob van der Does
11-10-13, 20:47
You tried after a reboot?

skratch
11-10-13, 21:05
You tried after a reboot?

yes mate you need a screen shot?

Rob van der Does
11-10-13, 21:11
No, I believe you :p

skratch
11-10-13, 21:12
haha good :D

abu baniaz
11-10-13, 21:18
See this thread for
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?1341-Manually-Creating-a-Swapfile&p=7878&viewfull=1#post7878

skratch
11-10-13, 22:12
See this thread for
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?1341-Manually-Creating-a-Swapfile&p=241155#post241155

Yes thanks Abu that has worked mate. :thumbsup:

skratch
15-10-13, 17:22
Ok Swapfile is not auto starting i have to turn it on by telnet ode:
swapon /media/hdd/swapfile, any suggestions please?

darp
16-10-13, 10:06
Mine did the same. I FTP'd the fstab file from /etc and added this to the end

/media/usb/swapfile swap swap defaults 0 0

put the file back, rebooted, and the swap auto starts. I guess I don't know what I'm doing using telnet ...........

abu baniaz
16-10-13, 14:15
Ok Swapfile is not auto starting i have to turn it on by telnet ode:
swapon /media/hdd/swapfile, any suggestions please?

I've edited the link I posted so that it leads to first post of the thread.
Did you make changes the fstab file (as also posted by Darp)? Either by Telnet or FTP and editing.

If you transfer this file to the receiver, the swap manager should work. Or wait until it is part of image.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?32226-Possible-problem-with-build-751&p=242765&viewfull=1#post242765

EDIT: See post below by Rob van der Does

Rob van der Does
16-10-13, 14:37
In build 753 (online available) the swapmanager if fully functional again.

Burnham
16-10-13, 14:52
I also had a problem with not autostarting. I tried the line above but it did not work for me.

A difference with me is that I created my swapfile on the HDD (and Obviously I changed the "usb" to "hdd" in all the commands), I might try to set up a swap file on the USB and try again.

EDIT: just saw the post above - it will be easier to load the latest OpenViX 753 and set up a swapfile from scratch.

skratch
16-10-13, 14:54
That's good news well done to everyone for all there hard work as always, keep up the good work.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

TK4|2|1
16-10-13, 14:57

That's good to know, but say I'd manually crested a swap, would this fix cause a boot loop?

Sent from my iThing using sorcery and the magic interweb.

skratch
17-10-13, 09:54
That's good to know, but say I'd manually crested a swap, would this fix cause a boot loop?

Sent from my iThing using sorcery and the magic interweb.

I already had a swap file and can confirm it is now working without the need to create another file just go in to setup~vix~swap file then press green to activate and yellow to autostart. not sure about boot loop issue though at a guess if it is looping try delete the swap file through ftp and create it through vix image.