PDA

View Full Version : How to automate CatsEye Settings

afc_rich
08-10-13, 20:09
All,

I have written a script to automate the install of the latest CatsEye Settings. The attached script does the following:

Connects to the catseye website
Gets file name of the latest update
Pulls down the latest update (if required)
Installs the bouquets onto the receiver
Reloads the settings

The script requires unrar to be installed on the receiver. This can be done by running:

opkg install unrar

The script should be placed in /usr/script/

The script has editable variables so that it can be customized for other users.

- Settings name (choose between 28.2E / 75E to 45W)
- Working directory (default set to /hdd/CatseyeSettings/)
- Web URL (In case it changes)
- Bouquets directory (/etc/enigma2/ for the VU Duo)

I am going to set the script up to run daily, shortly followed by running AutoBouquetsMaker. This way I have all the latest satellite settings for my motorised set up along with nicely laid out bouquet for SKY.

I hope others find this useful :-)

Larry-G
08-10-13, 20:16
Nice work. Im sure others wll use it.

May i suggest as part of the update process you find a way of placing enigma into sleep mode first then wake it again once the new settings have been installed ??. This would remove a host of possible problems associated with loading a bouquet pack while enigma is awake.

abu baniaz
08-10-13, 22:29
Great work. Like the fact that it only downloads if file is newer.

Isn't unzipping natively suported in images? If so, what is the command to replace line 69? Many thanks.

abu baniaz
08-10-13, 23:41
Anyone know how to add this link to it and get past the captcha stage?

http://www.vhannibal.net/download_setting.php?id=11

Larry-G
08-10-13, 23:42
you cant, thats the principle reason why i stopped uploading them here as i'm not faffing about with capture rubbish.

afc_rich
14-10-13, 10:00
Nice work. Im sure others wll use it.

May i suggest as part of the update process you find a way of placing enigma into sleep mode first then wake it again once the new settings have been installed ??. This would remove a host of possible problems associated with loading a bouquet pack while enigma is awake.

Pheonix, what do you mean by sleep mode? Do you mean shutdown Enigma2 and restart it? ( init 4, init 3)

Are there known issues of loading a bouquet pack when Enigma2 is running? When you install from the feeds etc it seems to just load them seamlessly.

Regards

seame
14-10-13, 10:09
Excellent work mate this is going to come in very handy.

Larry-G
14-10-13, 11:03
Pheonix, what do you mean by sleep mode? Do you mean shutdown Enigma2 and restart it? ( init 4, init 3)

Are there known issues of loading a bouquet pack when Enigma2 is running? When you install from the feeds etc it seems to just load them seamlessly.

Regards

Yes that's exactly what I mean and yes loading a bouquet while enigma is live can give you issues even from the feeds. Its not a problem but it would be a big improvement.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk now Free ('http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10')

Rob van der Does
14-10-13, 17:16
Also when installing settings from the feeds you sometimes get issues (like '<N/A>' on many services).

deleted
14-10-13, 19:35
Yep all correct, your lamedb file is overwritten by your new file you just downloaded, BUT when shutting down enigma2 it again overwrites lamedb with what was in memory.

It would also be nice if the "Only update settingslist" from the update menu would shutdown enigma2, just like a regular update.

Larry-G
14-10-13, 20:01
Yep all correct, your lamedb file is overwritten by your new file you just downloaded, BUT when shutting down enigma2 it again overwrites lamedb with what was in memory.

It would also be nice if the "Only update settingslist" from the update menu would shutdown enigma2, just like a regular update.

yes, this is why when i'm transferring bouquets to a receiver i always shut down enigma first then and only then commence the transfer and reboot once complete.

andyblac
15-10-13, 00:45
at the request from Rob, i looked into this, and i can't see anything wrong, as the current code in software Update -> Update channels setting only.

the code removes the old setting then installs the new ones, then it reads the new lamedb immediately. no need for init 4 or gui restart.

child has terminated
pipes closed
TEST 1
TEST 3
executing opkg remove enigma2-plugin-settings-catseye.23e.19e
poll: unhandled POLLERR/HUP/NVAL for fd 74(16)
KEY: 352 OK
child has terminated
pipes closed
TEST 1
TEST 4
executing opkg install enigma2-plugin-settings-catseye.23e.19e
child has terminated
pipes closed
TEST 1
TEST 5
---- opening lame channel db
reading services (version 4)
loaded 1667 services

Rob van der Does
15-10-13, 05:26
OK, so this is fine as it is atm. Good!

However: that doesn't explain

Also when installing settings from the feeds you sometimes get issues (like '<N/A>' on many services).
This is an issue that occasionally happens on all images; it can easily be fixed by installing the same settings again.

andyblac
15-10-13, 11:04
from how i understand how things work, it all depend on what satellites.xml was used to scan and create the lamedb, as those refs maybe no longer in ours and thus it can't find them.

deleted
15-10-13, 11:12
at the request from Rob, i looked into this, and i can't see anything wrong, as the current code in software Update -> Update channels setting only.

the code removes the old setting then installs the new ones, then it reads the new lamedb immediately. no need for init 4 or gui restart.

child has terminated
pipes closed
TEST 1
TEST 3
executing opkg remove enigma2-plugin-settings-catseye.23e.19e
KEY: 352 OK
child has terminated
pipes closed
TEST 1
TEST 4
executing opkg install enigma2-plugin-settings-catseye.23e.19e
child has terminated
pipes closed
TEST 1
TEST 5
---- opening lame channel db
reading services (version 4)
loaded 1667 services

Then it will work OK, I presumed that because it didn't shutdown enigma2 it would just replace it and that would be all, but if it reads in the new file that's OK also.

Is there any way to force a read in of lamedb from commandline?

deleted
15-10-13, 11:17
OK, so this is fine as it is atm. Good!

However: that doesn't explain

This is an issue that occasionally happens on all images; it can easily be fixed by installing the same settings again.

Does a install from the feeds also force a read from lamedb?

I always let my autobackup restore install my settingslist (Enigma does not seem to be active at this point) on a clean install and from then on always a complete update, since doing it that way I never had a single N/A...

Rob van der Does
15-10-13, 11:27
Does a install from the feeds also force a read from lamedb?
I just asked Andy and the answer is 'yes'.

deleted
15-10-13, 11:37
:thumbsup: never too old to learn something new, the problem with the commanline is, at some point you forget there's an UI wich does a few things better.

Rob van der Does
15-10-13, 11:49
Is there any way to force a read in of lamedb from commandline?
No .

afc_rich
15-10-13, 12:21
No .

I thought you could reload bouquets and lamedb by the following:

http://127.0.0.1/web/servicelistreload?mode=0

Modes:
0, reloading lamedb and Userbouquets
1, reloading lamedb only
2, reloading Userbouquets only

This is at the end of my script

Rob van der Does
15-10-13, 12:29
That's not via the commandline :p

And apart from that: that doesn't seem to work.

andyblac
15-10-13, 18:06
That's not via the commandline :p

And apart from that: that doesn't seem to work.

and you replaced 127.0.0.1 with the ip of your box ? or

http://vuduo2.local/web/servicelistreload?mode=0

Rob van der Does
15-10-13, 18:24
and you replaced 127.0.0.1 with the ip of your box ?
lol .

afc_rich
15-10-13, 19:48
When run in mode 1

<e2simplexmlresult>
<e2state>True</e2state>
<e2statetext>reloaded lamedb</e2statetext>
</e2simplexmlresult>

abu baniaz
13-12-13, 15:44
Just so that you are aware, Vahhnibal's site no longer has the captcha. Direct link to download Motorised is after converting the **

h**p://www.vhannibal.net/download_setting.php?id=11

afc_rich
20-12-13, 22:12
Just so that you are aware, Vahhnibal's site no longer has the captcha. Direct link to download Motorised is after converting the **

h**p://www.vhannibal.net/download_setting.php?id=11

I will take a look and update the script so people have the choice. Thank you for the update :thumbsup:

afc_rich
13-01-14, 19:25
Captcha is back :-(

tagteam3283
16-01-14, 20:11
sorry chaps, how do i do the opkg install unrar. I tried this but get an error unknown unrar.

do i need to download this unrar from somewhere and ftp into a folder onto the box? i don't see it anywhere on extensions.

also how do I run this on BH image. I have a Do on BH latest and 2 Solo's on VIX latest.

laffin, cheers

update - ah unrar works fine on VIX image [Solo] but not on BH [dou] - how can i do this on Dou please?

tagteam3283
16-01-14, 21:11
update, so i downloaded the unrar and ran the script via telnet on the BH image. Do i need to do this everytime i want the script to run on BH?

on VIX, can i set this up to run the script automatically?

abu baniaz
16-01-14, 23:28
update, so i downloaded the unrar and ran the script via telnet on the BH image. Do i need to do this everytime i want the script to run on BH?
You only need to install the unrar plugin once.

can I set this up to run the script automatically?
Yes, on both B/Hole and Vix. You will have to setup a cron timer.

tagteam3283
17-01-14, 19:32
cheers so i have never used cron before.

i assume from the setup that it is like settings up a telnet command and i need to use "/usr/script/catseye_import.sh" as a customer command?

afc_rich
21-01-14, 19:09
cheers so i have never used cron before.

i assume from the setup that it is like settings up a telnet command and i need to use "/usr/script/catseye_import.sh" as a customer command?

The command to run is simply the path to the script. If your script is located in "/usr/script/catseye_import.sh" then that is the command to enter into the cron timer.

tagteam3283
15-02-14, 12:27
hi team, im trying to install this on an et5000 and i am getting an error when installing the unrar ipk, something about install opkg.

i have telnetted into the box and done an opkg update which completes fine but i still get the same error

any ideas please?

actually, i am gettings the same error on a number of boxes including my solos

river-rat
27-02-14, 22:32
i posted about this, i have lost itv hd today from my catseyes list,

did a channel update only via vix update software and rebooted box and itv hd still not working