PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Crashing while in standby (logs attached)

wilsouk
08-10-13, 14:22
Hi

I have unfortunately had my new Vu+ Solo2 crash umpteen times since purchasing it.

Usually find box stuck in standby and unresponsive with time stuck on the OSD clock. Hard resetting it causes Vix splash to open as OSD looks like its boots to 100 - but it remains stuck on the splash screen with box unresponsive to remote or pressing standby.

I have tried builds 742 to 748 and it happens on all. Also, I have tried minimal install of no altered setting at all part from downloading bouquets and EPG once (open EPG). This morning clock stuck 9.14, with no reason box should be operating at this time.

Always the most recent log when this happens reaches >300mb for some reason (even though it was created only 12 hours ago).

The first log is the only coherent bit making the first fraction of the log.

The second log makes up 99% of the log and is number sequences repeated over and over.

Starting to loose my will with the box so any help would be appreciated!

Stanman
08-10-13, 18:07
Please do not create multiple threads for the same issue.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

wilsouk
08-10-13, 18:53
Cant seem to delete my previous thread?

icemanv3
08-10-13, 19:40
Hi wilsouk

Seeing the same behaviour on a vu+ duo as well, since updating to the latest images I come to turn my box on in the morning and its unresponsive, remote doesn't work, and I cant login to the web interface either, only way is to kill the box from the power.

I'm also finding that crossEPG is causing me problems, sometimes it scans channels, creates the bouquets then goes to the "saving data" screen and then sits there with the vix logo spinning, again unresponsive to remote etc.

Haven't been able to get any logs yet but will post back with any info I find.

Perhaps there is a wider issue with VIX atm? Can devs suggest anything we could try?

wilsouk
10-10-13, 14:32
Seems strange, Ive not had any luck trying to look into this. Wondering if anyone good at interpreting the logs? Would be much appreciated

What image was stable for you maybe we should revert to that

Also, were did you get your box out of interest?