PDA

View Full Version : [TM-TWIN-OE] keep getting feeds are down

robti
08-10-13, 09:55
Hi running vix 747 (although had the same problem on the last couple of previous builds), plugins are always unstable and software updates are always down for maintainance, if i try through vix and try to download a new image it shows that there is a new image but when i try to download it i get error messages /bin/sh: wget: not found then more lines about not finding backup zip and then not renaming backup.

The last update 747 i did with a clean download on usb stick then restore my settings through backups, but before that were a couple of clean installs with no restore from backups.

Using internal drive for movies and usb stick for everything else (picons, epg, logs, etc)

Larry-G
08-10-13, 16:20
Sounds very much like the wget virus ( search the forum for wget virus ), I cant post a link as im online via my phone.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Burnham
08-10-13, 23:17
Confirm above comment.

I had this problem, check my old posts. If you check for your wget file in /usr/bin/ - it will have been renamed to -wget, (or to wg). If you rename it back to wget you should get rid of the feeds are down problem.

But this is a temporary solution. Apparently the cause is the aidra virus which is likely to be in your router. See this thread http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?27477

robti
09-10-13, 09:47
Thanks all, did a clean install last night with no restore and this morning get the flashing icon to indicate a new update so working fine for the moment, will need to read up on this virus as i am a bit clueless regarding port forwarding

Tkr001
09-10-13, 22:21
Unless you do something (like setting strong password(s)) you will likely get hit again.

Larry-G
09-10-13, 22:45
Unless you do something (like setting strong password(s)) you will likely get hit again.

Not necessarily, but a good start would be to reflash the receiver as well as purging the router and setting new passwords etc.

Also don't just blindly forward ports without knowing what your doing as this is the easiest way to allow someone into your system.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk now Free ('http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10')