PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question

Adrian_london
07-10-13, 20:43
Hi all

I have yet to buy one of these boxes but I am very interested in doing so.

Can anyone advise me as to what format this box records into. Ideally, I would like to record a program onto the internal hard drive and then transfer it to my laptop to edit out the adverts and then burn it onto a disk.

I found this very problematic with the Spiderbox and would like to update to the VU+ solo2 instead.

Thank you in advanced for your responses.

Adrian

msuk
07-10-13, 20:46
It records in .ts format.

Adrian_london
07-10-13, 20:52
Thank you for such a quick response. Would you happen to know if it splits the recordings into smaller files if it is, for example a 2 or 3 gb file.

I hope I've made some sense!!!!

abu baniaz
07-10-13, 21:11
The files are not split by default.

Adrian_london
07-10-13, 21:49
Again, thank you for your quick response. I can see that for recording purposes, this is a way better box than the Spiderbox.

As far as I'm aware, Nero will be good to use with .ts files so I'd be on a winner!!!

cactikid
07-10-13, 22:09
you can loads more with these boxes,watch programs on pc,if you record to hard drive you can if you set it up correctly move a recording to usb to use on pc,or set up a nas drive that any pc or vu can access to play recordings if you dont want a clutter of discs.:)

Adrian_london
07-10-13, 22:23
The thing that I am most interested in is to be able to record a programme on the hard drive on the VU+ Solo2 box and then being able to transfer it to my hard drive on my laptop. I can then use Nero to edit out the adverts and then burn it onto a dvd. What I am/was concerned about was whether or not the prgramme recorded would be split into smaller files. I want one big file that I can split myself. It would appear from an earlier posting that this will not be a problem.

If I can do just that then I'll be a happy man!!

Larry-G
07-10-13, 22:39
The thing that I am most interested in is to be able to record a programme on the hard drive on the VU+ Solo2 box and then being able to transfer it to my hard drive on my laptop. I can then use Nero to edit out the adverts and then burn it onto a dvd. What I am/was concerned about was whether or not the prgramme recorded would be split into smaller files. I want one big file that I can split myself. It would appear from an earlier posting that this will not be a problem.

If I can do just that then I'll be a happy man!!

Yes it will do as you need although I have not used nero for at least 3 years so cant say if it would work best but there are many other programs that will.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Adrian_london
07-10-13, 22:50
Just in case Nero 12 doesn't work, can you give me an idea as to another piece of software that you would recommend.

Adrian

Sid999
21-05-15, 20:33
Don't know if it's of any help mate but I use Any Video Converter professional for joining multiple files and works a treat for me. It also converts to most other video files too :)