PDA

View Full Version : Wireless N for Vu whats needed ????

mmcmedia
22-10-10, 14:56
Just a quick question i presume theres a driver needed to make the current rt73 wireless adapters work on vu duo if so and i find the linux drivers for my wireless n adaptor can they be added hence enabling wirless N support on the duo or a non runner from the start

:confused:

Sicilian
22-10-10, 16:01
I don't think theres any support drivers. I'd recommend homeplugs or one of these
http://www.buffalo-technology.com/products/wireless/wireless-n-nfiniti-dual-band/wli-tx4-ag300n-wireless-n-nfiniti-dual-band-ethernet-converter/

mmcmedia
22-10-10, 16:32
What do you mean by support drivers ? i managed to find a wiki link for the addition of the drivers needed for the dlink dw140 wirless n adapter for linux fedora and i think iam right in saying that the cube revo supports that particular w/l device or is it embedded somewhere with enigma 2 ?

thanx

Sicilian
22-10-10, 16:34
I meant drivers for the VU, Andy might be able to explain better as he had a mission just getting the 54g drivers to work.

andyblac
22-10-10, 16:49
is short, the main problem, we have is that vu uses a really old Linux kernel 2.6.18 the current kernel is 2.6.32, and most drivers need the newer kernel.

mmcmedia
22-10-10, 17:00
its seems the drivers needed for that particular device have only been in use since kernel since 2.6.29 so thank you for taking the time reply

squig007
09-01-11, 01:07
hi sicilian - i have been looking at the Buffalo Nfiniti Wireless-N Dual Band Ethernet Converter for a while now so i can use it for my tm800hd, vu+duo and samsung blueray player.my question is : i use a btinfinity homehub 2 as my router - how do i install the buaffalo - does it replace my bthomehub - or what way does it exactly work im a bit unsure atm

cheers pal

squig007

Sicilian
09-01-11, 09:45
Basically the Buffalo Nfiniti Wireless-N Dual Band Ethernet Converter will connect to your btinfinity homehub 2 wirelessly using wifi N. Its quite simple to setup and you its possible to assign it a static IP address to easilly configure. It comes with a utility to help set it up.

squig007
09-01-11, 10:52
sorry for more questions - so i gather is connects to my bthomehub 2 wirlessly thats great - but do the sat boxes i have have to connect to it with ethernet cable - and if so am i right in saying then that it needs to be placed in my living room with my two sat recievers etc .. connected to them with ethernet cables and then connected to my bt homehub upstairs wirelessly would that be correct ??

also pal is the speed ok to stream hd movies etc ..

all the best

squig007

Sicilian
09-01-11, 10:54
great so do i place it beside my pc - or dos it go downstairs with the sat boxes ?? also pal is the speed ok to stream hd movies etc ..

all the best

squig007

I've never tried streaming HD movies with it.

I'd say it will need to go by your set top boxes as they need to be connect to it via ethernet cable.

squig007
09-01-11, 13:07
great mate thanks for your advice

MalteseMick
09-01-11, 14:01
I managed to turn an old router into a Wireless N Bridge for my VU+ here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5047-Don-t-buy-wireless-bridges

A cheap solution.

micks_address
14-02-12, 10:12
Hi Guys, I have a spare dongle from my Oppo Blu-ray player that i dont use and am hoping it might work with the VU+ Duo.

I looked it up and its a Atheros AR9271 http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/ath9k_htc

Getting the Vu+ Duo tomorrow hopefully - how can i quickly check if the usb stick will work? If it doesnt I can use a wireless bridge I have that I know i wont have any hassle with, but currently using that for my AV Receiver
Cheers,
Mick