PDA

View Full Version : PCTV NanoStick USB DVB-T2 Problem:

Search40
06-10-13, 18:51
Hi Friends, I made big mistake bought 2 of the above USB, one for me one for Friend, they are expensive is well from United Kingdom, and i have problem make them work on my VU+ Solo2, the one for friend is not working at all because ha has DM500HD Clone Ferrari, so i need to sell that one!!!!!!, mine now tested with Blackhole image it kind of work but not very well, i just installed now Openpli latest beta, trying to install the driver which is em28xx-dvb , but it is coming up with some error saying could not satisfy dependencies, so i can not install, please advise if some one can help me with this?????/, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pooface
06-10-13, 19:16
I have one of these working perfectly well in the ViX image using the em28xx drivers from the vix feeds... Maybe test in the ViX image and see if it works for you?

I only have an ultimo, so can't say whether it works or not in a solo2 though. But I would think there shouldn't be an issue (unless it'd be driver related?!)

Stanman
06-10-13, 21:00
I have the PCTV 290 and it works fine on SOLO2.

Not as fast as internal but no issues whatsoever, using the drivers PF mentioned.

What is your location and does it support T2?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

Search40
06-10-13, 21:37
I have the PCTV 290 and it works fine on SOLO2.

Not as fast as internal but no issues whatsoever, using the drivers PF mentioned.

What is your location and does it support T2?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

Just installed VIX now and it working fine, oh GOD, so so Disappointed with Blackhole, and Openpli Images,how they can not do the same as you do, all good now just small problems with your image, Please setup your user interface by adjusting the values till the edges of the blue box are touching the edges of your TV.
I leave as it is but the picture and the Menu does not display well, so what the right way to do this please advise????? and with box i got send small Wireless USB, it was recognised with Blackhole and Openpli, it is 802.11n that all it says here, but does not work with VIX, maybe need some driver or something please advise?????????????Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

judge
06-10-13, 21:50
It's not the image but your TV.
Google Overscan & the make of your TV to see & find if you can turn it off.

As for the wireless driver, we'd need a bit more info as to which driver you would need.
Can you connect it to a PC to see hat the chipset is?

pooface
06-10-13, 21:54
Just installed VIX now and it working fine, oh GOD, so so Disappointed with Blackhole, and Openpli Images,how they can not do the same as you do, all good now just small problems with your image, Please setup your user interface by adjusting the values till the edges of the blue box are touching the edges of your TV.
I leave as it is but the picture and the Menu does not display well, so what the right way to do this please advise????? and with box i got send small Wireless USB, it was recognised with Blackhole and Openpli, it is 802.11n that all it says here, but does not work with VIX, maybe need some driver or something please advise?????????????Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is another issue with your tv/previous image...

ViX does not use overscan, and allows the full image to be displayed on your tv, providing that you have enabled this on your tv. You will need to disable overscan, or whatever your tv will call it. That is the best option. Other images use a skin that compensates for this overscan, but you will be loosing some of the picture. If you pause the tv and take a screenshot using the webif, you will see areas that you cannot see on the tv if left as is. See this thread for more info on overscan:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?22770-HD-101-Overscan-and-why-all-TVs-do-it

If you are unable to change your screen, then go to menu>setup>system>OSD>OSD setup, and change so that the menus adjust to your screen. But you'd be better off removing the overscan ;)

As for wifi, if it's the original vu+ wifi dongle, then the drivers are installed by default iirc...

Search40
06-10-13, 22:16
All Good now Friends, the Picture Fixed, all i need now is the driver for USB????, Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

duoduo
06-10-13, 22:52
How much you selling the other spare for?

Search40
06-10-13, 22:54
How much you selling the other spare for?

I will sell little cheaper?????, but where are you???, i am in Albania!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This USB i remember it was saying something like Ralink on Blackhole and Openpli, some one please help me with this It seems like. not all perfect with VU+, i was hoping to get something Perfect, but is not????, something missing here and there i think??????

Search40
06-10-13, 23:23
All done now Friends, I should have used VIX from the beginning, all good, thanks for helping me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pooface
07-10-13, 06:28
All done now Friends, I should have used VIX from the beginning, all good, thanks for helping me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How'd u solve your USB issue (for any other users who read in the future)?!

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Search40
07-10-13, 08:49
How'd u solve your USB issue (for any other users who read in the future)?!

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Just went to Plugins, Download plugins, drivers, downloaded the usb driver for rt2800usb wireless network, that is the driver for my USB 802.11 N Ralink, i just remembered that from Blackhole image it was showing there with this name, after that the WLAN Connection appeared on the screen, i can choose now between LAN or WLAN, Suggestion for you it will be to include those drivers in the image, as Blackhole and Openpli do??????? Now just have other Question for you Friends, is it possible to have the Driver for The USB DVB-T2 PCTV 290e in IPK format?????, where can we find that here please to download????, so i can install that manually with any other image if i like to, because only you have the right driver at the moment!!!!!!!!, if this is possible is well?????, as i like your image but i am having some crashes, Blackhole seems more stable to me!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search40
07-10-13, 09:58
Just other advise for the VIX Team from me?????????, it seems to me that you are trying to have the best and the latest technology on your Images, that good for the Western world where things are maybe to the latest edge, but here let say and in other Countries, the technology is not so good, this things are not working very well, for example i can see Line on TOP to some Channels that broadcast here that maybe the way they broadcast, I will probably look to simple little old fashion approach so it will work for the Guy that have Smart TV, and for the one that has just the High Definition one, so your images can work all over the world for the Reach and Poor??????, this what i think any way, i can not make Decisions, Regards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

duoduo
07-10-13, 11:27
Before anything there is no need for the use of grammar/punctuation ????!!!!! these can be offensive to the reader. I appreciate that from reading above that you are not english so you may not be aware of this? It may be a better solution to start a new thread stating what improvementts you feel the developers could take into consideration for the Vix image. You havent said which country you are from so to say here in other countries doesnt really help with answering questions you have on a geographical basis. Vix in my opinion is the most stable image available, i have tried other images you mention above and Vix gives the least issue with crashes.

Search40
07-10-13, 12:15
Yes i should do, sorry, wrong section, maybe if you kind to move my last post to new session if possible, as for the country i did not wanted to go to deatils, as i was talking in general about, the none developed countries like mine, and the differences between the west, and the developing world, as for the writing did not know that offensive, i have never been told about this, but what to say, we learn something new every day, till the day we die, sorry if any offence made,Thanks, Regards.

Search40
04-11-13, 17:01
Been Using above USB Tuner for few weeks now, the picture quality is very good, very pleased, the signal is so so, on some channels better signal from my Sony Bravia TV Internal Tuner, on some worst, do not know why?, i have small problem as my Apartment is on the side of the road, and Antenna is one the side of my window, when cars moving or Motorbikes, i get bad Picture on TV, I live on Small Hill, and i have noticed as the Cars and Motorbikes are little down, start to come up i loose picture, on the Motorbikes is Worst actually, i have bought good Aerial Antenna, and i have Amplifier, but i still get this problem on some Channels, if any of you have any solution to this, please advice friends, thanks!

boyofford
05-11-13, 09:11
Just other advise for the VIX Team from me?????????, it seems to me that you are trying to have the best and the latest technology on your Images, that good for the Western world where things are maybe to the latest edge, but here let say and in other Countries, the technology is not so good, this things are not working very well, for example i can see Line on TOP to some Channels that broadcast here that maybe the way they broadcast, I will probably look to simple little old fashion approach so it will work for the Guy that have Smart TV, and for the one that has just the High Definition one, so your images can work all over the world for the Reach and Poor??????, this what i think any way, i can not make Decisions, Regards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That line you see at the top of screen may be due to provider of channel.
I had same problem on many foreign channels that I watch and ended up turning overscan back on and altering the OSD settings mentioned above instead.

MikeBag
02-09-14, 11:51
Hi there, I have a VU+ Solo 2 and am unable to get my PCTV USB stick to work - I have downloaded the drivers and activated them but am unable to get it to work. anyone got any ideas or documentation on how to set it up fully?

MikeBag
02-09-14, 11:51
sorry forgot I am running open VIX

DaMacFunkin
02-09-14, 12:44
You probably have the 292 the drivers are for 290, they are totally different chipsets.
P.s. The 290 hasn't been available new for some time.