PDA

View Full Version : How do I install mgcamd?

Montay
06-10-13, 17:38
Hi all. I bought a Solo2 from WOS site a few days ago and have set it up with the latest build of VIX. I've looked around for guides but there is nothing specific to mgcamd only ccam. I'm new to all this so is there anyone who could give me an idiots guide to manually setting up mgcamd?

Also where do the newcamd.list and mc_cfg files go? I've read that they should go in lots of different locations but which is the correct location for the VIX image? I've read it's one of these...

/etc
/etc/keys
usr/keys
var/keys

Which folder do they specifically go in? Also does anyone have a mc_cfg file set up specifically for a solo2 running VIXwith mgcamd? I've seen lots of edits of the mc_cfg file but don't know which ones apply specifically to this box, image and cam.

The Solo2 is probably the most popular box for enthusiasts to buy and mgcamd is the main cam people seem to be using now so a specific guide for using these with VIX would be very useful.

PS - Do I need a CCcam.cfg file for mgcamd?

cactikid
06-10-13, 18:10
i just have a read in here,mg cam.fg and newcamdlist.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9735-How-to-Install-CCcam-MGCamd-Others-on-ViX-image-GiGablue-Technomate-Venton-VU

skronk
06-10-13, 18:11
See post 17 here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?25608-MGCAMd&p=220180&viewfull=1#post220180.

Thats what I used.

Thanks to Mr.Mister

Montay
06-10-13, 18:33
Thanks guys. It seems to be working now.

Ok in case anyone else gets stuck the way I did, this is what I did. Step by step.

1) I downloaded the mgcamd 1.35a ipk file from 4shared (google it)

2) I ftp'd the ipk file to /tmp

3) I ftp'd newcamd.list and mc_cfg files to /usr/keys [check the link in post 3 for those files from Mr Mister. worked for me]

4) I pressed the blue button and went to 'VIX' then 'install local extension'

5) I highlighted the mgcamd 1.35a ipk file and pressed green (install)

6) Once it finished installing, I clicked yes on restarting GUI

7) Wait for GUI to restart

8) Press the blue button go to 'softcam manager' (or menu -> Setup -> Softcam/CI -> Softcam Manager)

9) Select mgcamd 1.35a

10) Press blue for autostart (this should make it start automatically if it stops)

11) Press green to start

12) press red to close

13) check that the mgcamd is working

14) switch the box off and on again

15) make sure cam is still working. it was working for me.

Stanman
06-10-13, 21:02
Don't forget to change things for your own settings.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

Montay
08-10-13, 00:52
Ok the mgcamd 1.35a ran fine for 24 hours and now the cam is glitching and freezing every 10 to 30 seconds. Anyone know why this would be happening?